PDA

View Full Version : Well, that didn't take long - Oregon bans CMU

emt036
08-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, that didn't take long. Oregon's Office of Degree Authorization has included CMU on it's list of Unaccredited schools (http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx), so it's illegal to use a CMU degree in Oregon (only a Class B misdemeanor, but still, can't be good come licensing time).

I guess the apparently heavily backlogged (and possibly fictitious) "IT team" will have to remove Oregon from their list of clinical spots on their website... (Like that's going to happen...)

dt
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
what the ..., that's quick!

I wonder if they monitor this site or other sites, or if someone reported it to them?

MDXRS22
08-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I am sure they monitor this site too.
That was fast, man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>swooooh. Like nike

stateofequilibrium
08-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Wow, that was fast indeed

slevit1MD
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Probably the first in a series to do so.

MDXRS22
08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
I wonder who's next on the to do list??

DRDRWMD
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
And Oregon is such a green state. It was the "disclaimer state" for issues discussed in ethics class. The cusp of liberalism.

MDXRS22
08-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Yup. Green like a shiny buck:)

FOID
08-30-2007, 11:39 PM
can't wait for other states to give its ruling

MDXRS22
08-30-2007, 11:40 PM
It won't take long

FOID
08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
btw, thanks for the heads up.

DOC.p
08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
well you know what that means, Texas is out of the question too. any school that is unapproved in one state is "illegal" in Texas. that's two states you can cross off of their list.

MDXRS22
08-30-2007, 11:51 PM
and so many states follow Texas and cali

DOC.p
08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
i think it's fair to say the CMU's clinical department is non-existant

MDXRS22
08-30-2007, 11:57 PM
I believe so. I hope they get their act together

DOC.p
08-31-2007, 12:06 AM
I believe so. I hope they get their act together
i could care less either way. i actually enjoy everytime one of these new "findings" comes about.

MDXRS22
08-31-2007, 12:09 AM
There are maybe more where that one came fom

billydoc
08-31-2007, 12:10 AM
well you know what that means, Texas is out of the question too. any school that is unapproved in one state is "illegal" in Texas. that's two states you can cross off of their list.

Don't mess with Texas :twisted: lol.

Texas just could put texas catheter on CMU :shock:

No, of course pont was not intended :lol:

stateofequilibrium
08-31-2007, 08:55 AM
People, please. We all know this is false information. There is evidently an agent of another school working within the Oregon government spreading malicious lies about CMU. CMU is perfectly accredited, it is chartered with its affiliation to CIU and therefore perfectly legal. They also own the World Trade Center as well.

studentdoctobe
08-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, that didn't take long. Oregon's Office of Degree Authorization has included CMU on it's list of Unaccredited schools (http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx), so it's illegal to use a CMU degree in Oregon (only a Class B misdemeanor, but still, can't be good come licensing time).

I guess the apparently heavily backlogged (and possibly fictitious) "IT team" will have to remove Oregon from their list of clinical spots on their website... (Like that's going to happen...)
:crackingup:

rokshana
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM

doesn't indiana and kansas do the same thing? so that's a couple more off the list.

azskeptic
08-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Hmmmm, DT, thought you were monitoring it? ha ha...

I wonder if they monitor this site or other sites, or if someone reported it to them?

Britimg
08-31-2007, 10:32 AM
i wonder what rl has to say to this.
how do u make a poll post? I want to start a poll -who is worse school official.
billybill in mua-belize forum or rl in cmu forum.

stateofequilibrium
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
i wonder what rl has to say to this.
how do u make a poll post? I want to start a poll -who is worse school official.
billybill in mua-belize forum or rl in cmu forum.

I'd recommend against it, that might constitute as insulting.

DOC.p
08-31-2007, 10:47 AM
doesn't indiana and kansas do the same thing? so that's a couple more off the list.
are they on their "clinical rotations" map on their website?

emt036
08-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, both are. Kansas won't license anyone from a school less than 15 years old, and I expect Indiana, Maine, and Texas to add SMU to their unaccredited lists (as they all followed Oregon in banning St. Chris). Interestingly, these are all sites of purported clinicals.

Scott1981
08-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Please wait for a site operator to respond.
http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/chatinfo/chatinfo.gifYou are now chatting with 'CMU Operator 2'
CMU Operator 2: hello
CMU Operator 2: how may I help you?
you: I currently enrolled in undergrad down in florida, but my fiance lives in salem, oregon. i would like to know if upon graduating, i would be allowed to get medically licensed in oregon?
CMU Operator 2: CMU is approved in Oregon, so you would be able to be licensed there.
you: i was browsin oregon's website to try to research it my self and came accross oregon's medical board website which states that cmu is on their disapproval list and all graduates from cmu will be denied licensure.
you: http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx
you: is this website correct?
CMU Operator 2: I have no knowledge of this. it is possible that the comments apply to schools without WHO approval.
you: cmu has no WHO approval? from readin cmu's website, i thought WHO was not important?
CMU Operator 2: WHO approval for CMU is being finalized and will be confirmed by the beginning of the Fall semester (9/10/07).
CMU Operator 2: The WHO approval is important because it permits students to take USMLE exams.
you: will cmu be taken off the list then in time for me to practice in oregon?
CMU Operator 2: Oregon will not license any student that has not completed USMLE exams.
you: also, i am really interested in where i can do clinical rotations in oregon? which hospital would i be allowed to rotate in there so i know my travel time from salem?
CMU Operator 2: We guarantee that CMU will be taken off the list long before you graduate.
CMU Operator 2: Affiliation agreements with hospitals are negoiated on a daily basis. I am not sure which hospital will be available at that time.
you: i understand that the same hospitals may not be around for cmu when i get to that stage of my education, but which hospital do you currently have their because your website indicated that you currently have a hospital affiliation there?
CMU Operator 2: We have over 300 preceptors around the country. We can not guarantee that you would be able to complete all of your rotations in a specific location, but we certainly try to accommodate the student.
CMU Operator 2: I'm sorry, I do not have that information.
you: ok, it alright. so this WHO thing will be resolved on sept 10th?
you: thanks for your help.
CMU Operator 2: By 9/10 certainly.
you: thank you
CMU Operator 2: My pleasure.
CMU Operator 2: Thank you for chatting
CMU Operator 2: Goodbye
you: goodbye
http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/chatinfo/chatinfo.gifChat session has been terminated by the site operator.

Scott1981
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
very interesting........ so i guess we have a new date..... sept 10th :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

studentdoctobe
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/chatinfo/chatinfo.gifYou are now chatting with 'CMU Operator 2'
CMU Operator 2: hello
CMU Operator 2: how may I help you?
you: I currently enrolled in undergrad down in florida, but my fiance lives in salem, oregon. i would like to know if upon graduating, i would be allowed to get medically licensed in oregon?
CMU Operator 2: CMU is approved in Oregon, so you would be able to be licensed there.
you: i was browsin oregon's website to try to research it my self and came accross oregon's medical board website which states that cmu is on their disapproval list and all graduates from cmu will be denied licensure.
you: http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx
you: is this website correct?
CMU Operator 2: I have no knowledge of this. it is possible that the comments apply to schools without WHO approval.
you: cmu has no WHO approval? from readin cmu's website, i thought WHO was not important?
CMU Operator 2: WHO approval for CMU is being finalized and will be confirmed by the beginning of the Fall semester (9/10/07).
CMU Operator 2: The WHO approval is important because it permits students to take USMLE exams.
you: will cmu be taken off the list then in time for me to practice in oregon?
CMU Operator 2: Oregon will not license any student that has not completed USMLE exams.
you: also, i am really interested in where i can do clinical rotations in oregon? which hospital would i be allowed to rotate in there so i know my travel time from salem?
CMU Operator 2: We guarantee that CMU will be taken off the list long before you graduate.
CMU Operator 2: Affiliation agreements with hospitals are negoiated on a daily basis. I am not sure which hospital will be available at that time.
you: i understand that the same hospitals may not be around for cmu when i get to that stage of my education, but which hospital do you currently have their because your website indicated that you currently have a hospital affiliation there?
CMU Operator 2: We have over 300 preceptors around the country. We can not guarantee that you would be able to complete all of your rotations in a specific location, but we certainly try to accommodate the student.
CMU Operator 2: I'm sorry, I do not have that information.
you: ok, it alright. so this WHO thing will be resolved on sept 10th?
you: thanks for your help.
CMU Operator 2: By 9/10 certainly.
you: thank you
CMU Operator 2: My pleasure.
CMU Operator 2: Thank you for chatting
CMU Operator 2: Goodbye
you: goodbye
http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/chatinfo/chatinfo.gifChat session has been terminated by the site operator.

:crackingup:

Where did this conversation take place at their website? the guy is still going and goind and going :lol:

studentdoctobe
08-31-2007, 02:24 PM

Why can this guy not answer a simple question with a simple answer? :rolleyes:

They ask you which hospital you currently have and you are talking about around the country :roll:
First sign of a scam is the divertion. :evil:

Scott1981
08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
im sure after "someone" sees this, there will no longer be cmu online reps on their website anymore :roll::roll:

stateofequilibrium
08-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Has anyone emailed IMED recently and checked on whether they even SUBMITTED paperwork yet?

MYMD
08-31-2007, 10:43 PM

YES AZ Skeptic is a adviser to Oregon as I understand it, and the head of the commission, a lay person also reads this site. I think it was too fast IMO

shayloure
08-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, both are. Kansas won't license anyone from a school less than 15 years old, and I expect Indiana, Maine, and Texas to add SMU to their unaccredited lists (as they all followed Oregon in banning St. Chris). Interestingly, these are all sites of purported clinicals.

Yeah, Indiana already put SMU on the unapproved list. But for some reason St. Christopher's of Senegal is on the questionable list. But I'm sure CMU will be on the unapproved list soon enough. That is, if it just doesn't bow out gracefully and close its doors beforehand.

http://www.in.gov/pla/bandc/mlbi/List_of_Foreign_Medical_Schools.pdf

finishingfifth
08-31-2007, 11:46 PM
It would kind of be fun to see RL dance around this one.

DRDRWMD
09-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Perhaps he will be reincarnated with a new handle or alter-ego.

eastern2western
09-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Where are all of the cheerleaders? How come people do not do any kind of research before they decide to go to another country, spend 200,000 plus dollars and waste five years of their life? With today's wide access to information, it is extremely easy to do researches about almost any thing.

emt036
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Indiana already put SMU on the unapproved list. But for some reason St. Christopher's of Senegal is on the questionable list. But I'm sure CMU will be on the unapproved list soon enough. That is, if it just doesn't bow out gracefully and close its doors beforehand.

http://www.in.gov/pla/bandc/mlbi/List_of_Foreign_Medical_Schools.pdf

Oops, I meant CMU. :?

emt036
09-01-2007, 11:05 AM
YES AZ Skeptic is a adviser to Oregon as I understand it, and the head of the commission, a lay person also reads this site. I think it was too fast IMO

Azskeptic is in Arizona, (hence the name), so I doubt if he is head of the Office of Degree Assessment in Oregon. But I don't think it was too fast - I mean it is the definition of an unaccredited degree mill, whose diplomas are worth nothing. I think the opening of the school was too fast - they should have waited until they had a charter/IMED listing.

emt036
09-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Has anyone emailed IMED recently and checked on whether they even SUBMITTED paperwork yet?

To have paperwork submitted, they would need a charter. I am sure as soon as CMU gets an actual one, it will be instantly posted on the schools website by the IT team. (As opposed to the list of factious clinical rotation sites).

stateofequilibrium
09-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Where are all of the cheerleaders? How come people do not do any kind of research before they decide to go to another country, spend 200,000 plus dollars and waste five years of their life? With today's wide access to information, it is extremely easy to do researches about almost any thing.

The simple answer is because they're too ignorant to (note how I didn't say stupid). They're desperate to get into medical school for whatever reason, they find one that will accept them and don't ask why, or don't even KNOW the questions to ask.

tahaa
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM

MYMD
09-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Azskeptic is in Arizona, (hence the name), so I doubt if he is head of the Office of Degree Assessment in Oregon. But I don't think it was too fast - I mean it is the definition of an unaccredited degree mill, whose diplomas are worth nothing. I think the opening of the school was too fast - they should have waited until they had a charter/IMED listing.

AZ once told me Himself he was an adviser to Oregon as well as the FSMB, Of course you remember this right? It was only less then 2 years ago he was a speaker at the convention?

I thought it was too fast due to the school admitting they needed time to get everything together and I expect a state to give that time, a deadline or something. Yes I too think the school is at fault and should have waited to have all the I's Dotted and T's crossed but that was then and this is now.

theMDgoat
06-17-2012, 07:11 AM
how many more states will follow and ban Oregon?
beeeeeehhhhhheeeeeeeeee!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.