PDA

View Full Version : Orientation?

WSUCougar
08-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Where and what time is orientation? I haven't received any of this info yet in my smuonline account. Thanks guys

camryllionareMD
08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
I thought it was 8am, according to my acceptance letter? Don't know where. And I think that we have to show up in our khakis.

azulpanther
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
As far as I remember no one ever got info about the orientation through their SMU accounts. That info was always posted at the RH. It should be in lecture hall 1. YOu should be in ur uniform

hxa
08-28-2007, 11:16 PM
hmm if I remember correct this question was answered way back..and what I remember is it starts at 8am and we are to meet by the stairs somewhere...actually I can't remember...but I am sure RH people can let us know that when we get there or jsut follow the crowd of lost and scared people :)

DRINDAHOUSE
08-29-2007, 12:20 AM
hmm if I remember correct this question was answered way back..and what I remember is it starts at 8am and we are to meet by the stairs somewhere...actually I can't remember...but I am sure RH people can let us know that when we get there or jsut follow the crowd of lost and scared people :)

ok it will prob be 8am outside the school in uniform,,prepare for a fulllllllllllll day promise,,you will be fed lunch and later bbq at the dorms

good luck smu is a fine school

Diva
08-29-2007, 12:34 AM
can we bring someone with us?

i actually think i called the FL office and asked how long it will be, she said its not all day. maybe until 12

JTP73
08-29-2007, 07:17 AM

i actually think i called the FL office and asked how long it will be, she said its not all day. maybe until 12I think I remember some parents sitting in the back.

UFTim
08-29-2007, 10:23 AM

i actually think i called the FL office and asked how long it will be, she said its not all day. maybe until 12

That'd be nice if it were only until 12. I remember being there until at least mid afternoon and having a hard time staying awake. Definitely information overload.

pocaface
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
For those of us staying at TI, how do we get to school that day - do we walk, or take the shuttle (I hear TI is near the RH, so can we just walk over there and catch it)? If so, what time does it leave from there?

How far is TI from school exactly? .. I've heard everything from 1 mile to 2.25 miles.

How far is TI from the RH?

Thanks!

Pokerslut
08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
For those of us staying at TI, how do we get to school that day - do we walk, or take the shuttle (I hear TI is near the RH, so can we just walk over there and catch it)? If so, what time does it leave from there?

How far is TI from school exactly? .. I've heard everything from 1 mile to 2.25 miles.

How far is TI from the RH?

Thanks!

Go outside onto the main road. Wait until you see a van that has WB (stands for West Bay)-- and it will stop and pick you up. You don't need to be at a bus stop. This is the bus that is public transportation. RH will have a shuttle that will only pick up students at RH and drop you off at the school.

No sense in walking 7 minutes to go just the opposite direction. Unless you want to wait for the shuttle to pack up over 50 students which may take two trips. Taking the public bus is more convenient. It cost 2 CI dollars. Same as shuttle. Just let the public bus know that you want to be dropped off at SMU.

azulpanther
08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
from TI it is a lil bit more than 2 miles. maybe 2.01 miles LOL. When i was a 1st semester without a car i would walk home from school. It was a nice 20 - 30 min walk depending on how fast i walked. IF you walk with friends its even shorter. I wouldnt want to school cause I didnt want to wake up xtra early and also I didnt wanna get all sweaty to school. Good luck everyone

pocaface
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
thanks pokerslut and azulpanther!

DRINDAHOUSE
08-30-2007, 09:00 AM
thanks pokerslut and azulpanther!

A few weeks of walking and sweating, wet into a cold classroom will change your mind real fast and to buy a car.

some serious sun here, heat too

WSUCougar
08-30-2007, 03:34 PM
A few weeks of walking and sweating, wet into a cold classroom will change your mind real fast and to buy a car.

some serious sun here, heat too

You got that right..... With all the walking I've been doing up and down 7 mile I'm already 5 shades darker and in the best shape of my life.

pocaface
08-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Where and what time is orientation? I haven't received any of this info yet in my smuonline account. Thanks guys

We start at 7:30 with breakfast in the pavilion and end around 3.

The BBQ is at 7:00 pm at the RH.

The itinerary has been emailed to our SMU accounts.

Sebastien Guilbard
09-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Monday, September 3, 2007

7:30 a.m. Welcome Reception – Pavillion in front of St. Matthew’s (weather permitting)
Here you will meet faculty and classmates and a continental breakfast will be provided

Lecture Hall 1 (1st Floor)

8:30 a.m. Message from the Chancellor of SMU – Mr. John D. Marvin

8:45 a.m. Executive Dean – Dr. Vincent Knight

9:00 a.m. Dean of Basic Sciences – Dr. Ezzeldin Nasser
Dr. Nasser will review both the Basic Sciences curriculum and student schedule, as well as introduce the Cayman faculty.

9:20-9:30 Break

9:30 a.m. Dean of Student Affairs – Dr. Rayapati Sreenathan
Dr. Sreenathan will provide details of policies and procedures, the student’s role as an ambassador as well as academic and professional expectations on and off campus.

9:40 a.m. Student Counselor – Dr. AliceAnne Brunn
Dr. Brunn will introduce opportunities for personal and professional growth and development through her office and programs.

9:50 a.m. Director of Student Services – Mr. Jan-Michael Maw
Mr. Maw will highlight some of the important services, such as off-campus housing & assistance, conflict mediation, and what student organizations and clubs are available to you.

10:00 a.m. Residence Hall Manager – Mr. Sebastien Guilbard
Mr. Guilbard will be available to discuss basic rules and regulations and answer any questions regarding the Residence Hall or Residence Suites

10:30 a.m. University Coordinator – Mr. Bryce Averitte
Mr. Averitte will introduce the administrative staff at St. Matthew’s and provide information on university services and policies. He will also cover both school and community sporting activities.

11:00 a.m. Immigration and Student Visas – Mr. Matthew Luke
Mr. Luke will be available to answer any questions and explain the student visa process

11:15 a.m. Question & Answer period

11:30-12:45 Lunch Break – Come and check out the Student Activity Fair, Lecture Hall 2. Here you will find information and displays on various activities and groups to get involved with while you are at St. Matthew’s.

12:45 p.m. University Registrar – Ms. Jennifer Applequist
Ms. Crews will discuss student online records/transcripts and the registration process.

1:00 p.m. Student Accounts – Ms. Darlene Burke
Ms. Burke will cover loan applications and disbursements as well as billing inquiries, payments and insurance waivers.

1:10 p.m. Financial Aid – Mr. Matthew Maniaci
As St. Matthew’s Educational Credit Counselor, Mr. Maniaci assists students with obtaining student loans and also helps them work through any credit issues they may have.

1:20 p.m. Medical Information Technology / Library Orientation – Mr. Corey Frankard, Assoc. Director of IT and Ms. Sarah McField, Librarian

1:50 p.m. Question & Answer period

2:00 p.m. Break

2:10 p.m. Student Health Resources - (add name)
The Student Health insurance representative will discuss your student plan and answer any questions you may have.

2:20 p.m. Davenport University – Mr. Joel Bouchard will introduce the Master’s program offered by Davenport University

2:30 p.m. World Gym – Ms. Tara Trickett
Ms. Trickett will explain to students the benefits of using the St. Matthew’s University membership and how to properly sign-in to use the membership benefits.

2:40 p.m. Cayman Islands Police Dept. – Mr. Tim Ball
Mr. Ball will provide tips and advice on living in the Cayman Islands and explain policies regarding driving and licensure.

2:50 p.m. Digicel – Ms. Caoire Kennedy
Representatives from Digicel will be on hand to explain special offers for SMU students and the best deals to call home

3:00 p.m. Parents, Spouses & Family Session – Mr. Jan-Michael Maw (Lecture Hall 2)
This special information session will help families learn how they can best support their student while s/he is attending classes at St. Matthew’s University. A lengthy question & answer period will follow.

Please do not leave campus today until you have had your Student I.D. picture taken, and/or settled any registration, tuition, or financial issues.
· ALL PHOTOS for STUDENT I.D.s must be taken – Lecture Hall 1
· STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE REP. – Library annex, 1st floor
· STUDENT ACCOUNTS & FINANCIAL AID – Library annex, 1st floor
· REGISTRAR – Front office

7:00 p.m. Orientation BBQ – Held at the Residence Hall, all new students, their families, faculty and staff are welcome to attend a celebration of what was hopefully, a great first day at St. Matthew’s.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

7:30 a.m. Classes Begin

drJane23
09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Awesome!! see you all Monday:p

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.