PDA

View Full Version : Which Hotel is in front of the school?

Oluchi
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey you all!

Im confused- Ive seen two different answers to this question. Which hotel is in front of the school? Two different times I saw the Westin and/or Comfort Suites...

Also, which one is closest to the residence hall?

thanks u all!

WSUCougar
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm at the Sunshine Suites and SMU is right behind me.

UFTim
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey you all!

Im confused- Ive seen two different answers to this question. Which hotel is in front of the school? Two different times I saw the Westin and/or Comfort Suites...

Also, which one is closest to the residence hall?

thanks u all!

The Westin is across the street

mbergwal
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm at the Sunshine Suites and SMU is right behind me.

My wife and I are at the Sunshine Suites too, you can see the school from our balcony. It took us about 4 minutes to walk there. I guess we would be on the SE side of the school (if my bearings aren't messed up)

DRINDAHOUSE
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
My wife and I are at the Sunshine Suites too, you can see the school from our balcony. It took us about 4 minutes to walk there. I guess we would be on the SE side of the school (if my bearings aren't messed up)

I would like to wish the entering class good luck and be ready to work
and 8 hrs for orientation day--:-smiley7

lynk
08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
how much do the sunshine suites cost????

WSUCougar
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Bring SMU paper proving your a student and you get a discount. I got a room with 2 queens for $135. And they gave me free wireless internet access.

mbergwal
08-27-2007, 10:59 PM

not staying here for the semester, just 4 nights until I move into RH. But I think We paid about $120 USD/night or something like that. Don't quite remember, I booked it about a month ago. I must say, though, I wanted to stay here to check it out as a possible place to stay semesters 2-4 and the prices they have listed for SMU students seem pretty high. Just for a Single Studio Suite (smallest one) is $1,950 + 10% service charge per month. It's nice because it's literally right next to school but that seems pretty steep to me.

WSUCougar
08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
not staying here for the semester, just 4 nights until I move into RH. But I think We paid about $120 USD/night or something like that. Don't quite remember, I booked it about a month ago. I must say, though, I wanted to stay here to check it out as a possible place to stay semesters 2-4 and the prices they have listed for SMU students seem pretty high. Just for a Single Studio Suite (smallest one) is $1,950 + 10% service charge per month. It's nice because it's literally right next to school but that seems pretty steep to me.

Yeah that is pretty steep... but that 1,950 is US and like you said you are right next to the school, and the beach, and you have a nice pool and grill there. The staff is really nice too. Plus your wireless internet/cable/electricity is all included. The only problem I see is that it would be really hard to study in that size of a room, but what's the difference if you're accustomed to the residential hall. When it comes down to it, EVERYTHING here is steep. That's just what I keep telling myself when I buy groceries. Man..... speaking of steep I was at the airport restaurant "if you could call it that" and they charge $3 for a bottle of water. "Are you kidding me!!!" I heard over 5 people tell the clerk that while my wife, son, and I had lunch. LOL...... Then I got a sandwich and it she said regular or pressed. "Pressed" what the heck does that mean? Well it means "toasted" and they charge you a flipping $1 for it. Man that was hilarious. There is a lot of stuff down here though that is comparable to US prices, and then you have your items that are a complete %500 mark up difference. I saw a gallon of milk yesterday for $1.99 and I jumped for joy until I saw that it expired 1 day later...LOL....

JTP73
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah that is pretty steep... but that 1,950 is US and like you said you are right next to the school, and the beach, and you have a nice pool and grill there. The staff is really nice too. Plus your wireless internet/cable/electricity is all included. The only problem I see is that it would be really hard to study in that size of a room, but what's the difference if you're accustomed to the residential hall. When it comes down to it, EVERYTHING here is steep. That's just what I keep telling myself when I buy groceries. Man..... speaking of steep I was at the airport restaurant "if you could call it that" and they charge $3 for a bottle of water. "Are you kidding me!!!" I heard over 5 people tell the clerk that while my wife, son, and I had lunch. LOL...... Then I got a sandwich and it she said regular or pressed. "Pressed" what the heck does that mean? Well it means "toasted" and they charge you a flipping $1 for it. Man that was hilarious. There is a lot of stuff down here though that is comparable to US prices, and then you have your items that are a complete %500 mark up difference. I saw a gallon of milk yesterday for $1.99 and I jumped for joy until I saw that it expired 1 day later...LOL....Wait til you have to pick up a package at the Post Office. Let us know how that one goes... Seriously, the Caymanian ways are a challenge for a while, but trust me when I say this, most people really find that they miss Grand Cayman after they leave. I'd start the whole journey over if I could--just to be on GC again. (And that's with all of the hassles of having to do things a different way!) So savor the time you have there. The time will fly.

Oluchi
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks all! I just booked a room for my dad at Sunshine Suites- Hope its decent!

azulpanther
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
also at sunshine suites you a free continental breakfast everyday.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.