PDA

View Full Version : CMU Forum Moderator

rlewkowski
08-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Can any mod appoint Hirizal as our forum moderator? He is a Vice President of our SGA. I asked Doc, but no response so far.

stephew
08-25-2007, 09:24 PM
moderators dont make appointment though we discuss them. Right now, CMU forum is, as you know, on a tighter probabtion where ALL moderators are keeping any eye on it. I should also add, schools and their officials do NOT run the forums.This would ruin the value of VMD. Moderators are appointed after a long period of time after they've proven their ability to act fairly and impartially. They may have an expertise in their school, but they really strive to be fair.

emt036
08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Perhaps because it is inappropriate for a school official to request promotion (for anybody) to moderator. It's one of those "don't ask us, we'll ask you" situations.

stephew
08-25-2007, 09:29 PM
they can ask. but they dont get just for asking. youre right, its pretty much a "we'll ask you" thing. that's when it works the best.

finishingfifth
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Gee I wonder why he would want to choose a moderator. It couldnt be that RL would have enormous influence on that person. The word puppet head comes to mind.

dt
08-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Moderator's world -- that's the dark side, for goodness sake!

why would anyone voluntary subject their own student to that?

MYMD
08-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Perhaps because it is inappropriate for a school official to request promotion (for anybody) to moderator. It's one of those "don't ask us, we'll ask you" situations.

Being a Mod is not a promotion, look at this mess! You have to read stuff you care not too a lot of times, and follow up with people you wish you could just post a smart comment to but can't.:rolleyes:

stephew
08-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Being a Mod is not a promotion, look at this mess! You have to read stuff you care not too a lot of times, and follow up with people you wish you could just post a smart comment to but can't.:rolleyes:

one of the best assessments of this role ever.

teratos
08-26-2007, 05:39 PM

You have no idea how right you are....especially the "smart comment" line.

stateofequilibrium
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
You have no idea how right you are....especially the "smart comment" line.

Being a moderator is a continuous exercise in self-control. Very zen.

IMG SURVIVOR
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Being a moderator is a continuous exercise in self-control. Very zen.

And pc. ;)

studentdoctobe
08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Gee I wonder why he would want to choose a moderator. It couldnt be that RL would have enormous influence on that person. The word puppet head comes to mind.
No doubt at all about that.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.