PDA

View Full Version : Qbank vs USMLEWORLD step 3 which is harder

solideliquid
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Has anyone done both the Qbank and USMLEWORLD qbank for the step 3?

I've been hearing that the USMLEWORLD is easier than the Kaplan qbank, anyone have this experience?

I am about 50% through the kaplan and let me tell you, some of these questions ARE really off the wall hard. There is some crazy stuff in there.

Example - I did a question where they asked which anti-body is found in systemic sleroderma. According to what I remember (and it's in first aid) the answer is Anti-Scl-70. The answer in the qbank was Anti-U3-RNP. What? never heard of it. Crazy stuff.

Arie
08-26-2007, 03:15 AM
hey whats up?
i'm only writing step I, but that systemic sclerosis question u brought up...i think RNP stands for ribonucleoprotein which is another name that anti-scl 70 goes by...its kinda jacked up that they hit u guys with those questions two steps later.
my bro just wrote his surg board certiciation exam and one question they asked him was what is the treatment for methhemoglobinemia and its been years you know so he was stuck between amyl nitrate (wrong) and methylene blue (right) and he chose amyl nitrate.
he passed his exam but said they throw jacked up stuff in there to make sure ppl don't do that well that was his logic.
anyhow, i just wanted to say hang in there, you'll do great!!!
Arie :bored: (now i'm really going to bed, instead of reading all USMLE related topics on here)

MedChe
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Has anyone done both the Qbank and USMLEWORLD qbank for the step 3?

I've been hearing that the USMLEWORLD is easier than the Kaplan qbank, anyone have this experience?

I am about 50% through the kaplan and let me tell you, some of these questions ARE really off the wall hard. There is some crazy stuff in there.

Example - I did a question where they asked which anti-body is found in systemic sleroderma. According to what I remember (and it's in first aid) the answer is Anti-Scl-70. The answer in the qbank was Anti-U3-RNP. What? never heard of it. Crazy stuff.

yes...if anyone can answer this question as well. i want to buy one or the other...but prefer the harder and more accurate one to the actual exam;)

MedChe
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
ok..since no one answered this quesion...ill input what i just found out.
Had a friend who just recently passed the step 3. He said usmle world was more than enough!:mrgreen:

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.