PDA

View Full Version : Book for Step II Surgery

stranger2
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi there,
I have been using Kaplan to prepare for Step II, But I have a feeling that their Surgery Book is too Simplified. I am planning to get another book instead, but i dont know which one, AnY SUGGESTION????
thanks.

AUCMD2006
08-15-2007, 05:25 PM
kaplan is enough, the questions for step II surgery are more internal medicine/family/peds cases and you have to answer the indications and work up for surgery as in what tests to do. the other part is trauma and the workup of a trauma patient. there are few anatomy q's and absolutely no questions on how to doa procedure so thye kap book seems simple but that is all you need in addition to knowing your internal medicine

you aren't a surgicak intern and step II is not a surgical board exam just keep that in mind when you are studying because youare right it really does seem too simple

BrotherMan
08-30-2007, 04:17 PM
kaplan is enough, the questions for step II surgery are more internal medicine/family/peds cases and you have to answer the indications and work up for surgery as in what tests to do. the other part is trauma and the workup of a trauma patient. there are few anatomy q's and absolutely no questions on how to doa procedure so thye kap book seems simple but that is all you need in addition to knowing your internal medicine

you aren't a surgicak intern and step II is not a surgical board exam just keep that in mind when you are studying because youare right it really does seem too simple

I agree, kaplan is more than sufficient, as most surgery is trauma and selected topics like breast cancer and colon cancer

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.