PDA

View Full Version : Clinical semester tuition system??

whereistheidnotinuse
08-11-2007, 03:52 AM
What happens if you can't get a clinical spot for 2-3 months after you pay the tuition for the semester (after submitting your score and paperworks)? I mean if you spend many months just waiting till you get a spot, do you still have to pay for those waiting period?

Also, what happens if your rotations goes 2-3 months beyond the end of the semester? I guess we'd have to pay for another semester again...??

Thanks for any input!

azulpanther
08-11-2007, 11:36 PM
u have to do a minimun of 10 weeks rotations to receive financial aid, thats all i really know, sorry not to better answer your question,

mdhope
08-12-2007, 09:40 AM
My understanding is that you have to pay the "leave of absence" fee if you are not enrolled in any clinical rotations for an entire semester. ($500) This is what I was told when I asked this question to someone from the clinical dept while they were in Cayman for a talk session.

whereistheidnotinuse
08-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks azul and mdhope for your inputs!

So even when you enrol for your clinical rotation semester, that doesn't mean you secured a spot? Is it possible to fall into a situation where you paid nearly 10K and then not allocated a spot for months and months, or do they tell you that beforehand so you can take a LoA instead? How about if you could only rotate for a month during the entire semester before it ends or something?

On the other hand, if you do take a LoA you obviously won't get any spots even when something comes avail during that period right?

I got to know that there's not much avail till Jan or something (except for Michigan/UK) - I guess I have no choice but to take a LoA anyways... ?

I'd appreciate any inputs still. I'm so confused with this clinical rotations system!!

azulpanther
08-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I think even the clinical department staff are a lil confused about the procedures. oppss i shouldnt have said that. Just making a lil friendly joke

UFTim
08-13-2007, 08:50 AM
What happens if you can't get a clinical spot for 2-3 months after you pay the tuition for the semester (after submitting your score and paperworks)? I mean if you spend many months just waiting till you get a spot, do you still have to pay for those waiting period?

Also, what happens if your rotations goes 2-3 months beyond the end of the semester? I guess we'd have to pay for another semester again...??

Thanks for any input!

If you don't get a rotation after you submit your paperwork, you take a leave of absence or board semester. The only friends I know that haven't gotten a rotation after submitting paperwork are ones that have turned down offers for Baltimore, NYC, London, and Michigan.

You can't register for a clinical semester unless you have rotations scheduled. You have to insert the rotation name and length online to register. Once you register, then you get your tuition bill.

If for some odd reason, a student didn't get 10 weeks of rotations lined up in a semester, then you'd have to take a board or leave of absence semester. You could then get the lesser amount of financial aid.

MD777
08-13-2007, 10:19 AM
UFTIM,

about any rotation sites in the area of close to the WEST? such as AZ, UT, NM, CO, etc etc?

or, they at least are working on obtaining some in the area of the WEST?

any infor sharing will be highly appreciated!

are you heading for the Orlando FL? great job!

If you don't get a rotation after you submit your paperwork, you take a leave of absence or board semester. The only friends I know that haven't gotten a rotation after submitting paperwork are ones that have turned down offers for Baltimore, NYC, London, and Michigan.

You can't register for a clinical semester unless you have rotations scheduled. You have to insert the rotation name and length online to register. Once you register, then you get your tuition bill.

If for some odd reason, a student didn't get 10 weeks of rotations lined up in a semester, then you'd have to take a board or leave of absence semester. You could then get the lesser amount of financial aid.

AmericanIMG
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
nothing out west

you can take less then 10 weeks but then u are paying outta pocket.

they don't charge tuition unless clinicals are setup and you are registered.

UFTim
08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
UFTIM,

about any rotation sites in the area of close to the WEST? such as AZ, UT, NM, CO, etc etc?

or, they at least are working on obtaining some in the area of the WEST?

any infor sharing will be highly appreciated!

are you heading for the Orlando FL? great job!

There is something in the works for out west. They have a few students out there developing sites in the CO area. I know they're trying to make another central location where you can do all your rotations out in that area.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.