PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Lifestyle

MD2SMU
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey all, I'm a new student (FEMALE) at St. Matthew's. Very excited to get started. I was wondering if there were any other gay or bi students starting in September 07. If so, shoot me an email we should get a social group going. Nice to meet everyone!
:)

Mongolian
08-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Hell, Im not gay, but I'll join if its an all female organization

AmericanIMG
08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
i'll hold the camcorder (for the ladies only)

WSUCougar
08-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Hell, Im not gay, but I'll join if its an all female organization

then that's one very ugly girlfriend you've got there in your avater. j/k ;)

aaron1483
08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey all, I'm a new student (FEMALE) at St. Matthew's. Very excited to get started. I was wondering if there were any other gay or bi students starting in September 07. If so, shoot me an email we should get a social group going. Nice to meet everyone!
:)

ummmmmmm.............

stateofequilibrium
08-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Terms of Service people. Remember no obscenity,vulgarity, or sexually orientated material allowed. Discussing sexuality, etc is perfectly acceptable as long as you remain within the TOS.

Diva
08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
You guys are not being very welcoming.

Hey MD2SMU I'm not gay or bi but welcome to SMU! See you in Sept girl!

spyyder
08-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Cayman is very religious. That ought to give you an idea of the presence of 'alternative lifestyle' groups.

Cayman Net News: Protest over gay cruisers (http://www.caymannetnews.com/2006/01/1018/gay.shtml)

MD2SMU
08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
My post was an innocent attempt at meeting and welcoming any new
students with a similar interest.

Of course, there is always a few idiots out there, funny how I'm not surprised by this...

Grow Up!

AmericanIMG
08-10-2007, 05:46 PM
My post was an innocent attempt at meeting and welcoming any new
students with a similar interest.

Of course, there is always a few idiots out there, funny how I'm not surprised by this...

Grow Up!

umm someone in this thread needs to get a sense of humor

:D

bunbun91
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php) people. Remember no obscenity,vulgarity, or sexually orientated material allowed. Discussing sexuality, etc is perfectly acceptable as long as you remain within the TOS.

SOE, old buddy! You're lucky nobody here knows about your inside joke regarding "posterior fornix". LOL. ;)

Britimg
08-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Lol tell tell.

SOE, old buddy! You're lucky nobody here knows about your inside joke regarding "posterior fornix". LOL. ;)

stephew
08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
ok folks if you can't genuinely help the op out, please dont post. thank you.

Pokerslut
08-11-2007, 09:19 PM

Does it have anything to do with the pouch of douglas? Do tell.

With regard to the original poster-- I just wanted to make a comment that may or may not be relevant to the post.

Based on my own experience and from what I have observed from my classmates you are better off forming your social network when you arrive. I'm not sure if your post implied getting to know others before you actually get here. It is really hard to get an idea if you will get along with someone through posts/emails-- and even common interests. I know plenty of poker players whom I wouldn't let them buy me dinner if it meant having to eat with them.

There are definitely some lesbians in the school. At least two at the Vet school-- I had a friendly conversation with them at Aquabeach last week. From Atlanta I believe. Just for those that are curious-- they were decent looking.

Best of Luck.

BTW, someone ate my apple pie from Wendy's in the fridge-- just as planned. The sad thing is they probably don't care if I they knew what I did to it.

AmericanIMG
08-11-2007, 10:59 PM
BTW, someone ate my apple pie from Wendy's in the fridge-- just as planned. The sad thing is they probably don't care if I they knew what I did to it.

now thats hilarious!

OP, though it is 2007, you are going to an island that does NOT condone your lifestyle choice. be VERY careful what you say and what you do, because you can end up in a situation that you might not like.

i am not saying for you to hide anything, but flaunting it might not be the best idea. in case you forgot, you won't be in the US.

SH8TNMD
08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
ok , so im just reading all this..for the indvidual who was innocently asking a question..im not gay, but fully support the right for alternative lifestyles..im from laguna beach, ca..and i start in sept..if you are in residence hall, let me know..ill say hello..

howdyag07
08-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I believe that this post has presented a very sensitive subject that the administration should address in order to ensure the safety of their students. Every student should be aware of many of the local laws that may adversely affect them. There are sodomy laws, so gay and lesbian students who are sexually active should be familiar with this.

While the government of Cayman does not condone this lifestyle, I believe that every student who has had considerable interaction with the Cayman community will find that they are much more open and friendlier than most of the other caribbean islands.

The "issue" of homosexuality has come up several times amongst the students (don't ask me why. it just does). And most of the students could care less about a person's sexuality, myself included.

We're all here to be trained as medical professionals. And as a professional, our differences need to be set aside. Good luck!

P.S. - if your colleagues give you a hard time, come over to the vet side. We're nicer :cool:

LqdPls
08-15-2007, 01:25 AM
I believe that this post has presented a very sensitive subject that the administration should address in order to ensure the safety of their students. Every student should be aware of many of the local laws that may adversely affect them. There are sodomy laws, so gay and lesbian students who are sexually active should be familiar with this......

I think the administration should definitely stay out of this one. As long as you dont get down in the parking lot, what you do with another consenting adult, and in the privacy of your own home, whether you're gay or straight, should be your business and your business only.

Dont worry, I have never heard of the Cayman police breaking someone's door down, because of suspicion of a wrong position.

AmericanIMG
08-15-2007, 03:31 AM
admin getting involved = dumbest idea ever.
if it doesn't hurt anyone and isn't dangerous or illegal, so be it. just be discreet you are NOT in the US in some college. its worse in Cayman then it is in the US.

howdyag07
08-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Administration not providing information on local laws = dumbest idea ever.

billydoc
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
You are right. I thought those were the identical twins in Mongolian's avatar :twisted:.

To the OP. I'm neither gay nor bi, and I have never been to Cayman, but based on what I know from living, and visiting some other Carib islands it's best to keep it to yourself. It's (an alternative life style) tolerated, but don't expect it to be praised. Having said that it seems to be working out for the folks with the same or similar interests. I've never heard of it being an issue, unless one would choose to make it one. Just remeber, you are not in U.S or Western Europe.

Bets of luck and stay safe.

then that's one very ugly girlfriend you've got there in your avater. j/k ;)

finishingfifth
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I havent heard of gay students having any problems. We has a guy who was flamboyantly gay (pink wonderwoman t-shirts, short shorts, the whole nine yards), no one could care less.

911Med
08-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the OP was just trolling.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.