PDA

View Full Version : Any All Saints Grads?

Kermun
08-07-2007, 03:00 AM
I am seriosuly considering attending the all saints university of medicine in Aruba...Any thoughts on the quality of the clinical rotations in the states (did you feel like you were being taught well?). Has anybody that has graduated started residency or matched? Also i was wondering if anybody knew how to check what schools are accredited in America/Canada... Any type of information would be greatly appreciated as i am soooo confused :confused:. Thank you so much in advance.

pratik
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
hey kermun the school is only 3 years old so how can we have someone in residency that fast...as far as clinicals are concerned i have heard a good feedback from my senior class...clinical rotations is a lot of self teaching too coz the doctors wont teach u the basics they ll assume u have learnt that in your basic sciences ..and clinicals is still far, you have to get the basic sciences cleared then step 1 then think about rotations...let me know if u need to know anything else..

Magen-MD
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Kermun, Pratik is right.

Just to add a few words, You might want to check out the Dominica campus too before you decide which campus.

As regards to the quality of education: I have personally been observing All Saints University School of Medicine (ASUSM) closely. Not only does it have great potential, the quality of education is one of the most challenging and superior and it delivers, for a new university such as this, this is phenomenal.

On a personal note however, if you are dedicated and you have truly chosen to study medicine at All Saints University-Dominica, and you are not a party animal ready to be skipping classes, you should apply. Else, you might want to reconsider your plan. They really do not tolerate those that excessively skip classes and are not serious students, they let you go. What would be your interest anyway, to apply to medical school just to waist your money for nothing.

ASUSM is also the least expensive with a truly High Quality and challenging education. It is also a great place to do one's pre-med.
I have recommended ASUSM to many and those that have privately sent me messages for personal advice.

Good Luck!

DOC.p
08-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Kermun, Pratik is right.

Just to add a few words, You might want to check out the Dominica campus too before you decide which campus.

As regards to the quality of education: I have personally been observing All Saints University School of Medicine (ASUSM) closely. Not only does it have great potential, the quality of education is one of the most challenging and superior and it delivers, for a new university such as this, this is phenomenal.

On a personal note however, if you are dedicated and you have truly chosen to study medicine at All Saints University-Dominica, and you are not a party animal ready to be skipping classes, you should apply. Else, you might want to reconsider your plan. They really do not tolerate those that excessively skip classes and are not serious students, they let you go. What would be your interest anyway, to apply to medical school just to waist your money for nothing.

ASUSM is also the least expensive with a truly High Quality and challenging education. It is also a great place to do one's pre-med.
I have recommended ASUSM to many and those that have privately sent me messages for personal advice.

Good Luck!
this has school official written ALL over it.

AUCMD2006
08-21-2007, 12:49 PM
this has school official written ALL over it.

funny how you can spot them a mile away isn't it?

Magen-MD
08-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Guys you are wrong. I am not a school official.

And you will know that I am not as we continue to communicate in this forum.

Sorry!

WPW
08-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Word of Advice: dont ever do pre-med in a carib school, do it back home and apply for Med back home, CARIB should be your LAST RESORT!!!

p.s none of the students ever advice to do pre-med in carib thus we can see that your a school official :)

stephew
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
we remind people of the terms of use they agreed to. further, people who have been banned for multiple accounts and return run the risk not only of banning, but of notification of the authorites which may include your university, residency direct etc as appropraite. its happened before.

Magen-MD
08-22-2007, 03:04 PM
WPW wrote:
"p.s none of the students ever advice to do pre-med in carib thus we can see that your a school official.."

Students are not programs designed to act/perform alike as subroutines of institutions. They are independent 'thinkers' I assume. At least for those of us that have acquired "education for life". For it is such that really changes our mindset.

I am not a school official. It is part of my professional gowning to speak the truth, for I believe such truth that can set me free.

However, I respect your opinion. But again down the road you will discover that I was not a school official to any school.

If anyone reads my other postings, you will discover that I say things just to bring everyone to more sober, mature or rather medical professional thinking than bashing, ranting or worse. Even with such approach, I have once goofed and made someone unhappy and feel hurt. I try to be truthful and pacimoniously choose my words. But everyone again, is entitled to their opinion.

Chemist_11
08-23-2007, 02:16 PM
People here don't know you are a school official, but from what you have posted above, we all suspect that you are one :-D (Or at the very least that you have a vested interest in ASUM). I hate to say this but in your last post you did what most people do when they get 'found out' - talk absolute tripe!

'It is part of my professional gowning to speak the truth, for I believe it such truth that can set me free'

'I try to be truthful and pacimoniously choose my words'

It's clear to anybody reading your posts that you have put a bias spin on more or less everything you have said.

I may be clutching at straws but does what Steph said indicate that the member in question is something to do with the/a school? :rolleyes:

'but of notification of the authorites which may include your university, residency direct etc as appropraite. its happened before.'

Magen-MD
09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
:idea: "Can anyone send me pics of the New Campus in Roseau? I would like to see them right away"

This was in connection with All Saints U.S.M.-Dominica, way before I came to comment on the above post. If this sounds like a school official to anyone, then nothing else will be convincing.

As such this is my final post in response to this particular issue. While I together with others, forge an informative medical future as opposed to unnecessary theatrical show, as the journey continues.

Silvi
09-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Pratik,
Is it true that ASUM Aruba its going very well after a change in management.
Is it also true that ASUM Aruba has graduates, how did they do on USMLI
Is the building on the website the original building
Are there cadavers
What can you tell us about the school itself and Aruba

Thanks

hey kermun the school is only 3 years old so how can we have someone in residency that fast...as far as clinicals are concerned i have heard a good feedback from my senior class...clinical rotations is a lot of self teaching too coz the doctors wont teach u the basics they ll assume u have learnt that in your basic sciences ..and clinicals is still far, you have to get the basic sciences cleared then step 1 then think about rotations...let me know if u need to know anything else..

pratik
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Pratik,
Is it true that ASUM Aruba its going very well after a change in management.
Is it also true that ASUM Aruba has graduates, how did they do on USMLI
Is the building on the website the original building
Are there cadavers
What can you tell us about the school itself and Aruba

Thanks
hey silvi its true that ASUM aruba has undergone a lot of changes since the new management...and the building on the website is the actual building...yaa ppl gave usmle step 1 and they said it was tough but they did well..i dont know their grades though....yes we have a cadaver and another cadaver is on its way....aruba is a nice safe island....warm....ppl are nice and friendly...social life is gud..

gundam675
11-04-2007, 08:22 PM
WPW wrote:
"p.s none of the students ever advice to do pre-med in carib thus we can see that your a school official.."

Students are not programs designed to act/perform alike as subroutines of institutions. They are independent 'thinkers' I assume. At least for those of us that have acquired "education for life". For it is such that really changes our mindset.

I am not a school official. It is part of my professional gowning to speak the truth, for I believe such truth that can set me free.

However, I respect your opinion. But again down the road you will discover that I was not a school official to any school.

If anyone reads my other postings, you will discover that I say things just to bring everyone to more sober, mature or rather medical professional thinking than bashing, ranting or worse. Even with such approach, I have once goofed and made someone unhappy and feel hurt. I try to be truthful and pacimoniously choose my words. But everyone again, is entitled to their opinion.

i have no clue what this kid is smoking ! :shock:

Magen-MD
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
i have no clue what this kid is smoking ! :shock:

Actually I neither smoke nor drink.

Save water & milk.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hugs,

Magen-MD

Kiwi1227
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I see that I am not the only one who knows that Magen-MD is ADMIN. Those who are reading please

1. Visit All Saint University School of Medicine forum

2. Read the Problem posts

3. You will find that you are Correct.

Magen-MD
11-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I see that I am not the only one who knows that Magen-MD is ADMIN. Those who are reading please

1. Visit All Saint University School of Medicine forum

2. Read the Problem posts

3. You will find that you are Correct.

Have you ever wondered why those that mislead us in life need us?
For real or as allies with common interests. Even though our roll may not be clearly defined to establish the common goal. It is in the absolute interest of those that hold our hand to nothingness. And our faces to a blindfold. For there is difference between knowing and assuming.

Final diagnosis is as to knowledge based. Differential dx. is as to assumptions. Worse off, when one mixes the two and overlooks spurious factors. And if one assumes, then one better be right, else...stuck :(!

Regards,

Magen-MD

Nappi
11-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Have you ever wondered why those that mislead us in life need us?
For real or as allies with common interests. Even though our roll may not be clearly defined to establish the common goal. It is in the absolute interest of those that hold our hand to nothingness. And our faces to a blindfold. For there is difference between knowing and assuming.

Final diagnosis is as to knowledge based. Differential dx. is as to assumptions. Worse off, when one mixes the two and overlooks spurious factors. And if one assumes, then one better be right, else...stuck :(!

Regards,

Magen-MD

What language are you speaking???
Seriously:shock:

Nappi
11-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Kermun, Pratik is right.

Good Luck!

Dear Magen,

I thank you for this insightful look into the wonderful school in Dominica
but I am sorry your post does not answer the question of the thread starter. this is not an advertising section.

good day

Nappi
11-15-2007, 05:26 AM
I am seriosuly considering attending the all saints university of medicine in Aruba...Any thoughts on the quality of the clinical rotations in the states (did you feel like you were being taught well?). Has anybody that has graduated started residency or matched? Also i was wondering if anybody knew how to check what schools are accredited in America/Canada... Any type of information would be greatly appreciated as i am soooo confused :confused:. Thank you so much in advance.

Dear Kermun,

There is one grad. He is currently applying for next year's match.
The quality of rotations in the US is very good from what I have heard.
Students are paired up one on one with preceptors, all in teaching hospitals. Now for the quality you are going to get outstanding preceptors that are walking textbooks in their fields, and if you have a good attention span you can learn a lot just by listening and taking notes. Then you have some other preceptors that make you read a lot more and randomly question you on certain topics of interest.
Yes I would in my opinion define our rotations as being of good quality.
There are some preceptors that also take US med students as well.
For your final question, there is no accrediting body in America or Canada for foreign medical schools. There is IMED, which lists the medical schools around the world that are recognized by ECFMG, and therefore students are eligible to sit for USMLE exams and eligible for ECFMG certification.

hope this helps

Good day

Magen-MD
11-15-2007, 07:40 PM
If you take a look at what I quote, you will realize that I was particularly referring to what a lady known as kiwi wrote. And she was actually referring to and supporting the speculations...that were already resolved.

So there is nothing to shock anyone. If you realize that I am referring to kiwi's post (she who feels it knows it. If you don't feel it, then you don't know what I am talking about), you will not wonder whether I am writing Martian or English...Just skip it.

regards,

Magen

Nappi
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
If you take a look at what I quote, you will realize that I was particularly referring to what a lady known as kiwi wrote. And she was actually referring to and supporting the speculations...that were already resolved.

So there is nothing to shock anyone. If you realize that I am referring to kiwi's post (she who feels it knows it. If you don't feel it, then you don't know what I am talking about), you will not wonder whether I am writing Martian or English...Just skip it.

regards,

Magen

Hey Magen,

I was not shocked at your post. If you review it the syntax is so bad it doesn't make sense at all.
Also I am not the only one who thinks this. That other guy seems to still want to know what you are smoking.;)
Anyways I would like to add that the ASUSM Dominica fights should not spill over to our forum. This makes both schools look ridiculous to prospective students that may be surfing for answers.

Good day

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.