PDA

View Full Version : Clubs/Groups/Teams

mbergwal
08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
What kind of clubs/groups/teams are there on/off campus? I know there is AMSA and groups like that but what about an organized basketball team or something along those lines. I know spare time is limited but was just curious about things to do when not studying. Thanks....

azulpanther
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
this school lacks alot of extracurricular activites. I know the new director of Student services have done alot in order to get more students involved in extracurriculars.

One good thing about this situation is that the school is very flexible in promoting any new activities. If you want to make a new group or club go ahead and advertise. There are alot of opportunities for students that show initiative.

mdhope
08-07-2007, 07:59 AM
There are several ways to get involved:

ASMA
Student Government
Circle K (philanthropy/voluteering)
Peer Councilers
Peer Mentors
White Coat Committee

Mr. M, the director of student services has been great for SMU! He is also trying to establish some specialty groups, like Emergency Medicine Club or Surgery Club.

mdhope
08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
There is also a ball hockey team. A lot of students meet up on Friday nights to play basketball downtown on Eastern Ave.

Barney Rebel
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
And a skateboarding club!!! Well, there is only one person so far, but maybe it will grow! Black Pearl Skate & Surf (http://www.blackpearl.ky)

mdhope
08-08-2007, 09:24 AM
hahahaha! Barney = nerd. jk! :)

Ashram64
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
dance club!

salsa dancing every tuesday and thursday night..
hit up w/ the locals + tourists girls :cool:

joshalicious
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
we could start the 'No Homers Club' cayman chapter

AmericanIMG
08-09-2007, 12:30 AM
why did someone already have the sacred tattoo?

WSUCougar
08-10-2007, 12:25 AM
A lot of students meet up on Friday nights to play basketball downtown on Eastern Ave.

I hope this still will be happening. I'll be deflating my basketball and bringing it, because I hear they are expensive and generic there.

pgunz21
08-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Are you bringing a football too? I am also deflating my bball in hopes to play while I am down there.

I hope this still will be happening. I'll be deflating my basketball and bringing it, because I hear they are expensive and generic there.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.