PDA

View Full Version : Letter From New Sga President--fall 2007

CASEVEN MD
08-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Hello all,

I am the new SGA president for the fall semester, and am currently in MD 3. I just want everyone to know that this is a new school and of course there are going to be many rumors floating around, so I just want to clear up the gossip for everyone. The administration is working hard to get this school running. We just got books for our library and materials for laboratories are coming.
As of right now, we only have three teachers to teach different classes for the whole school. The school has Pre-med, MD1, MD2, and MD3. Due to this number our classes this semester have been cut down. However, we do have two teachers coming, maybe more, who will help with the upper MD classes and the Pre-med classes.
The school does have its own dormatories, but also a few problems have come up here. Such as, many rooms do not have air conditioning, but the workers here will be at the dorms at all times and know how to do any maintainance work. Other than minor problems, I feel that the dorms is a nice and safe place to stay.
For those who asked about the new class for the next semester, I do not know for sure but I have been told we have about 30 new students coming in from all over the world.
As a student, I have high hopes for this school next semester, and I already told I have seen many movements towards buiding a stronger foundation for ourselves and students to come.

SGA PRESIDENT of FALL SEMESTER 2007

rlewkowski
08-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Congratulations Steven for being elected as a new President of SGA.
The CMU administration will support SGA in all efforts to improve the school and resolve problems. Best wishes to all SGA members.

lswiltshire
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
It is amazing with all the hype on this forum about this school in the last 3 months, to now learn that there are four classes going and only THREE teachers? This is even worse than SPSOM/IMSA. At least they had TWO teachers for each class.

Medical Education is really being made a laughing stock at some of these Carribean bogus institutions.

Listen for the cheerleaders attack now, as is the norm.

But when CMU came on stream it sounded oh so good, and as usual the faculty list was padded. Its really amazing to hear that there are four classes going and only THREE teachers.

Here are some more students being fleeced.

Dakotasong
08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Hello all,

I am the new SGA president for the fall semester, and am currently in MD 3. I just want everyone to know that this is a new school and of course there are going to be many rumors floating around, so I just want to clear up the gossip for everyone. The administration is working hard to get this school running. We just got books for our library and materials for laboratories are coming.
As of right now, we only have three teachers to teach different classes for the whole school. The school has Pre-med, MD1, MD2, and MD3. Due to this number our classes this semester have been cut down. However, we do have two teachers coming, maybe more, who will help with the upper MD classes and the Pre-med classes.
The school does have its own dormatories, but also a few problems have come up here. Such as, many rooms do not have air conditioning, but the workers here will be at the dorms at all times and know how to do any maintainance work. Other than minor problems, I feel that the dorms is a nice and safe place to stay.
For those who asked about the new class for the next semester, I do not know for sure but I have been told we have about 30 new students coming in from all over the world.
As a student, I have high hopes for this school next semester, and I already told I have seen many movements towards buiding a stronger foundation for ourselves and students to come.

error message

Dakotasong
08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
[quote=CASEVEN MD;647174]Hello all,

As of right now, we only have three teachers to teach different classes for the whole school. The school has Pre-med, MD1, MD2, and MD3. Due to this number our classes this semester have been cut down.

If you have a small class size this is still do-able with 3 teachers. As with any new business or school there are always ups and downs. Hopefully, the administration will do as RL says and listen and handle the problems. Let's give them a chance without bashing them:cool:.

rlewkowski
08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
To now learn that there are four classes going and only THREE teachers? This is even worse than SPSOM/IMSA. At least they had TWO teachers for each class.

First of all there are 3 classes PM, MD1 & MD3 therefore there are only 3 full time faculty members. In September another 4 are joining and there will be total of 7 after 1 semester of operation.
Please compare other schools like Xavier Bonaire /4 years old/ and still 2 teachers. Other schools have no more than 10 teachers out of which some speak such a bad English that the students have problems understanding them.

Give us some time and you'll be surprised.

dt
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello all,

So, are the workers there to fan you while you study and sleep?

And, how about the critical movement of IMED listing that the school supposedly had months ago???

dt
08-04-2007, 10:38 AM
First of all there are 3 classes PM, MD1 & MD3 therefore there are only 3 full time faculty members. In September another 4 are joining and there will be total of 7 after 1 semester of operation.
Please compare other schools like Xavier Bonaire /4 years old/ and still 2 teachers. Other schools have no more than 10 teachers out of which some speak such a bad English that the students have problems understanding them.

3 classes, 3 teachers. There are only 3 subjects taught? Or, are the 3 teachers expert on everything?

Anyways there is no need to give you some time, I am already surprised by the hype promoted (eg, IMED listing) months ago.

dt
08-04-2007, 10:42 AM
If you have a small class size this is still do-able with 3 teachers. As with any new business or school there are always ups and downs. Hopefully, the administration will do as RL says and listen and handle the problems. Let's give them a chance without bashing them:cool:.

okay.

but bashing comes naturally to me ...

maybe i need to stop and wait a few more months for, say, the IMED listing.

rlewkowski
08-04-2007, 10:50 AM
okay.
maybe i need to stop and wait a few more months for, say, the IMED listing.

You need to stop and wait till next Friday to see documents regarding IMED listing.

dt
08-04-2007, 11:05 AM
You need to stop and wait till next Friday to see documents regarding IMED listing.

okay, thanks.

Friday, the 10th. Great!

stateofequilibrium
08-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Yes, but your webpage STILL and has ALWAYS claimed you have had them.

You might have blamed the people who created your webpage when the issue of the blatant plagarism came to the light (lifting SGU and other's websites word for word), but the truth is SOMEONE must have approved and signed off on it. And wouldn't it be suspicious that some webpage designer wrote all your curriculum and mission statements for you, that may (or may not) have been different than one you submitted to them?

And still the issue of WHO/IMED that your webpage claims you already have.

lswiltshire
08-04-2007, 11:33 AM
First of all there are 3 classes PM, MD1 & MD3 therefore there are only 3 full time faculty members.

So then one teacher is assigned to each class teaching how many subjects to each class?

In September another 4 are joining and there will be total of 7 after 1 semester of operation.

You make this sound like a major achievement rather than a necessity.

Please compare other schools like Xavier Bonaire /4 years old/ and still 2 teachers.

Although it is interesting to here that Xavier Bonaire only has three teachers after 3 years (it started in 2004), why are you asking us to compare the poor standards of your school with another bogus school?

Other schools have no more than 10 teachers out of which some speak such a bad English that the students have problems understanding them.

Are you saying that the Indians teaching at your school speak great English and that they are well understood? Are you saying that they don’t put the em ----phaaaaaaa-sis on the wrong syl—aaaaaaaa- bul and mess up the whole vo- CA- bulary? No waynes and muzzles at CMU?

Yeah right. We wont be surprised that you will be no better than SJMS the school which spawned you. The acorn does not fall far from the tree. At first I too was impressed by your website and all the hype three months ago, but it seems that you will just be another bogus med school.

rokshana
08-04-2007, 12:44 PM

oh don't worry- i wrote the date down in my calandar- i will definitely be checking on fri the 10th...but i'm not bettin the farm that i'm going to see any changes.

as for the new sga president...what happened to the old one?...IMHO he was the best thing ya'll had....did he move on to greener pastures?

rlewkowski
08-04-2007, 01:00 PM
"So then one teacher is assigned to each class teaching how many subjects to each class?"
Our teachers are not assigned to one class and are teaching different subjects.

"You make this sound like a major achievement rather than a necessity."
It’s not an achievement it’s a necessity for the upcoming semester.

"Although it is interesting to here that Xavier Bonaire only has three teachers after 3 years (it started in 2004)"
They started in 2003 link (http://www.xusombonaire.net/about.htm) and at this time have only 2 teachers.,

"why are you asking us to compare the poor standards of your school with another bogus school?"
Because you expect CMU to be a Harvard of Caribbean few months after its establishment.

"Are you saying that the Indians teaching at your school speak great English and that they are well understood? Are you saying that they don’t put the em ----phaaaaaaa-sis on the wrong syl—aaaaaaaa- bul and mess up the whole vo- CA- bulary? No waynes and muzzles at CMU?"
Don't discriminate other nations!!! Many of Indian teachers are very qualified professors and excellent physicians, including teachers at CMU, example (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/das.htm). If you have similar qualifications, please send your resume.

"Yeah right. We wont be surprised that you will be no better than SJMS the school which spawned you. The acorn does not fall far from the tree. At first I too was impressed by your website and all the hype three months ago, but it seems that you will just be another bogus med school."
It looks like all Caribbean medical schools are bogus in your opinion. Please let us know which school you represent?

lswiltshire
08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
"Although it is interesting to here that Xavier Bonaire only has three teachers after 3 years (it started in 2004)"
They started in 2003 link (http://www.xusombonaire.net/about.htm) and at this time have only 2 teachers.,

IT IS WELL KNOWN THAT IN EFFECT XUSOM STARTED TEACHING IN BONAIRE IN MAY 2004, AT WHICH TIME THEY WENT ON THE SJMS CAMPUS AND POACHED BOTH STUDENTS AND PROFESSORS. DON’T GET INTO SEMANTICS. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!! THATS HOW AND WHEN THEY STARTED IN FACT. NOT WHEN THEY WERE CHARTERED OR ORGANIZED!

Im sorry to hear that they have only two teachers (for the sake of the students), but I am not surprised.

"why are you asking us to compare the poor standards of your school with another bogus school?"
Because you expect CMU to be a Harvard of Caribbean few months after its establishment.

I EARNESTLY WANT TO SEE AN IMPROVEMENT IN OFFSHORE CARRIBEAN MEDICAL SCHOOLS. MOREOVER ONE SHOULD STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE AT ALL TIMES. ONE SHOULD STRIVE TO BE AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL AND A SCHOOLOF EXCELLENCE. I EXPECT MUCH BECAUSE FRANKLY THOSE ARE THE SCHOOLS THAT I ATTENDED THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.

TELL US HOW LONG YOU WANT FOR YOUR SCHOOL NOT TO BE CRITICIZED AS YOU BECOME THE HARVARD OF CARRIBEAN SCHOOLS ? AT THE SAME TIME WE ENDURE YOUR UNTREUTHFUL HYPE AND CHEERLEADER PROMOTION.
"Are you saying that the Indians teaching at your school speak great English and that they are well understood? Are you saying that they don’t put the em ----phaaaaaaa-sis on the wrong syl—aaaaaaaa- bul and mess up the whole vo- CA- bulary? No waynes and muzzles at CMU?"
Don't discriminate other nations!!! Many of Indian teachers are very qualified professors and excellent physicians, including teachers at CMU, example (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/faculty/das.htm). If you have similar qualifications, please send your resume.

I KNOW ALL ABOUT EXCELLENT INDIAN TEACHERS AND PHYSICIANS. SOME TAUGHT ME TOO AT THE SCHOOLS I ATTENDED.I HAVE RETIRED FROM TEACHING AT BOGUS CARRIBEAN SCHOOLS.

"Yeah right. We wont be surprised that you will be no better than SJMS the school which spawned you. The acorn does not fall far from the tree. At first I too was impressed by your website and all the hype three months ago, but it seems that you will just be another bogus med school."
It looks like all Caribbean medical schools are bogus in your opinion. Please let us know which school you represent?

TO BE HONEST? MOST ARE. AND THE BOGUS ONES SORT OF MAKE THE ONES THAT ARE REALLY HONESTLY TRYING HARD TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE LOOK BADLY.

I DO NOT REPRESENT ANY SCHOOL.

rlewkowski
08-04-2007, 03:18 PM
"THE BOGUS ONES SORT OF MAKE THE ONES THAT ARE REALLY HONESTLY TRYING HARD TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE LOOK BADLY."

That’s exactly what is happening to us. We’re trying hard to make a difference, and still look badly

studentdoctobe
08-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Hello all,

Lol, with each new semester comes a new SGA?
Did the previous semester SGA transfer to another school? or was removed?

Besides, you just EXPOSED the school even further, lol.

:p

DOC.p
08-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes, but your webpage STILL and has ALWAYS claimed you have had them.

You might have blamed the people who created your webpage when the issue of the blatant plagarism came to the light (lifting SGU and other's websites word for word), but the truth is SOMEONE must have approved and signed off on it. And wouldn't it be suspicious that some webpage designer wrote all your curriculum and mission statements for you, that may (or may not) have been different than one you submitted to them?

And still the issue of WHO/IMED that your webpage claims you already have.
it's no use addresssing why they claim to have it on their website now. they never respond to these posts. i will be interested to see on Friday this document.

stateofequilibrium
08-05-2007, 10:24 AM
it's no use addresssing why they claim to have it on their website now. they never respond to these posts. i will be interested to see on Friday this document.

It is interesting. A person of reasonable intelligence and grasp of the English language should understand the significant difference between claiming to have and being in the process of obtaining. Realizing that one cannot start up a medical school without some basic intelligence level, one must wonder why CMU's administration constantly dodges this perfectly easy question and refuses to change their website, especially how quickly they overhauled it when people found certain.. similarities with other schools' websites.

I am actually sorely tempted to contact WHO/IMED and point them to the offending page.

teratos
08-05-2007, 10:48 AM
"THE BOGUS ONES SORT OF MAKE THE ONES THAT ARE REALLY HONESTLY TRYING HARD TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE LOOK BADLY."

That’s exactly what is happening to us. We’re trying hard to make a difference, and still look badly

Honesty is not plagiarizing other school's web sites and stating that you HAVE WHO and IMED listings when, in fact, you are in the process of getting them. I don't know why you feel this isn't a big deal. This is the single most important thing a med school needs to have. Without WHO and IMED listings, you are just a company charging exorbitant amounts of money for napkins/TP.

If the date of your listing is AFTER this semester started, technically, this semester won't count for people who started already.

rlewkowski
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
If the date of your listing is AFTER this semester started, technically, this semester won't count for people who started already.

Based on what you say the semester wont count?

DOC.p
08-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I am actually sorely tempted to contact WHO/IMED and point them to the offending page.
i'm not sure there is much they can do other than to point out if CMU is or is not listed there. unfortunately there is no way to really police these fraudulent claims without filing a law suit.

stateofequilibrium
08-05-2007, 11:32 AM

You're deflecting the question. You changed your website pretty quickly after people pointed out the copious amount of material copied from SGU and others, and your clinical rotation sites. Why is it so difficult to correct the current and legal status of your recognition?

teratos
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Possibly. All coursework must be done at an IMED/WHO listed school. Let's say the semester started in May, If the school isn't listed until August, any work done prior to that is invalid. Students would have to re-do the semester. Even though it would be the same professors, the same exams, the same material etc. Just one of those legal technicalities. G

iaustudent06
08-05-2007, 12:48 PM
If you are a medical school graduate, your graduation year must be included in your school's IMED listing. If you are a student, the "Graduation Years" in IMED for your medical school must be listed as "Current."

ECFMG Certification Fact Sheet (http://www.ecfmg.org/cert/certfact.html)

dt
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM
for current students, you can write the usmle through ecfmg if at the time you apply to write and when you write, the school is listed on imed.

but i dont know what happens to you when you apply for licensing. will the licensing board discount the semester the school was not listed with IMED or WHO?

i dont understand why some take that chance, but thats just me.

on edit: here is the post i had eariler: http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/138448-usmle-eligibility.html#post632831

teratos
08-05-2007, 02:16 PM
If you are a medical school graduate, your graduation year must be included in your school's IMED listing. If you are a student, the "Graduation Years" in IMED for your medical school must be listed as "Current."

ECFMG Certification Fact Sheet (http://www.ecfmg.org/cert/certfact.html)

Yes. I don't think that means that you can attend a school for 4 years, and if you get IMED listed in the year of your graduation, you are safe. I think you need to be IMED listed the entire time you are there. The site doesn't really specifiy. G

stephew
08-05-2007, 02:26 PM
pretty risky to assume the answer before plunging into a med school without this approval from the start then. id clarify first.

rlewkowski
08-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Yes. I don't think that means that you can attend a school for 4 years, and if you get IMED listed in the year of your graduation, you are safe. I think you need to be IMED listed the entire time you are there. The site doesn't really specifiy. G

You are wrong. I explained it in my previous posts and the rumor is going on and on.

TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR STEP 1, STEP 2 CK, AND STEP 2 CS, YOU MUST BE OFFICIALLY ENROLLED IN A MEDICAL SCHOOL LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA THAT IS LISTED IN IMED BOTH AT THE TIME THAT YOU APPLY AND AT THE TIME YOU TAKE THE EXAM !!!

Source: ECFMG 2007 Information Booklet - Examination Requirements (http://www.ecfmg.org/2007ib/ibexam.html#eligibility)

diogenes
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
If you look at IMED it doesn't give the date the school was first listed: Graduation Year and Year instruction began being the key dates provided. And of course, like everything else, these are provided by the relevant territorial government authority (who can if they choose declare the local pizza restaurant to be a med. school founded in 1776); I doubt very much if IMED/WHO is going to force them to submit the listing precisely at the same time as the school opens for business. This is a case of one bunch of fairly tardy bureaucrats talking to another similar bunch.
What students of CMU need to ensure is that the government tells IMED that the school started in May (or whenever).
The real problem is that CMU has falsified its credentials and right now doesn't have a listing. By the way, rlewkowski talks of a "delay in processing": our blogger on the other hand says the local paper had something about a break-up of a monopoly - if the latter then it seems even more extraordinary that they pre-empted IMED and deceived the consumer.

rokshana
08-05-2007, 05:56 PM
You are wrong. I explained it in my previous posts and the rumor is going on and on.

TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR STEP 1, STEP 2 CK, AND STEP 2 CS, YOU MUST BE OFFICIALLY ENROLLED IN A MEDICAL SCHOOL LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA THAT IS LISTED IN IMED BOTH AT THE TIME THAT YOU APPLY AND AT THE TIME YOU TAKE THE EXAM !!!

Source: ECFMG 2007 Information Booklet - Examination Requirements (http://www.ecfmg.org/2007ib/ibexam.html#eligibility)

that may address the issue about USMLE eligiblity, but it certainly does NOT answer the state licensure issues- they are notoriously picky and can very well say that those classes BEFORE IMED listing are not valid! THen what happens? I mean states have picked apart particular rotations and refused full licensure based on that alone - and this from someone who went to a schoo that has had all its ducks in a row for a long time (there was a thread awhile back from a ross grad having problems with full licesure in tx because of his kern peds rotation).

rlewkowski
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
that may address the issue about USMLE eligiblity, but it certainly does NOT answer the state licensure issues- they are notoriously picky and can very well say that those classes BEFORE IMED listing are not valid! THen what happens?

Dear Rokshana
I've provided a proof of USMLE eligibility issue and you are just guessing.
There is no single rule that the classes taken at any medical school won’t count if the school was not listed in IMED or WHO. The licensing boards have strict rules about other important factors that would or would not qualify you for licensure, like USMLE score, number of attempts, quality and place of clinical rotations, etc. The fact that one semester was taken just before the school is listed in IMED/WHO directory doesn’t make any difference.

What would happen if you attended a school that closed down, like St. Christopher or MUA and won’t be listed in IMED/WHO at the time you apply for licensure?
What will happen if you attend a school that doesn’t care about number of USMLE attempts its students are taking, since some states limit the number of attempts?
What will happen if you attend a school that places you for core rotations that are not in teaching hospitals?
What will finally happen if you attend a school that doesn’t provide transcripts to its students?

Those are the major issues of students at most of offshore medical schools and at the same time reasons why students transfer to CMU since they wont have those problems. And those are the issues that may have significant impact on the licensure application.

teratos
08-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I think some people at St. Chris ran into issues with the date of charter. USMLE is one big thing down, but as Rok says, states can be really picky. Most will probably never look, but if one starts, the rest will follow. It can get ugly. It seems they look for reasons not to license carib grads sometimes. It is well worth being careful. G

In regards to your questions above. Those who have an ECFMG certificate from SC are golden. Those that don't are buying stock int he K-Y corporation. As for all the rest....you can't get licensed. Given all the shady practices, it is best to be skeptical. You won't find US students/grads who know as much about licensure as the people here do.

rokshana
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Dear Rokshana
There is no single rule that the classes taken at any medical school won’t count if the school was not listed in IMED or WHO. The licensing boards have strict rules about other important factors that would or would not qualify you for licensure, like USMLE score, number of attempts, quality and place of clinical rotations, etc. The fact that one semester was taken just before the school is listed in IMED/WHO directory doesn’t make any difference.

What would happen if you attended a school that closed down, like St. Christopher or MUA and won’t be listed in IMED/WHO at the time you apply for licensure?
What will happen if you attend a school that doesn’t care about number of USMLE attempts its students are taking, since some states limit the number of attempts?
What will happen if you attend a school that places you for core rotations that are not in teaching hospitals?
What will finally happen if you attend a school that doesn’t provide transcripts to its students?

Those are the major issues of students at most of offshore medical schools and at the same time reasons why students transfer to CMU since they wont have those problems. And those are the issues that may have significant impact on the licensure application.

true, and for me personally, that is why i picked sgu because none of those things are true at my school- but that doesn't diminish my responsiblity as a student to check it out.

I'm not guessing about the issues that a ross grad has had about his texas licesnsure- he wrote quite eloquently about the problems he is having because his ONE pediatrics core was done non ACGME. One little thing that raised a red flag! Ya'll school's flag should be red!! The IMED lisiting and the promises of having it have gone on now for a number of months- trust me, i'll be checking IMED on fri. But that is just the tip of the iceberg- and you have been asked about many of them time and time again, yet you choose not to directly answer those questions.

diogenes
08-06-2007, 05:59 AM
I think some people at St. Chris ran into issues with the date of charter. ....................... It is well worth being careful.......................... G
I think that - date of charter - gets to the nub of the matter, rather than the search for a somewhat chimerical date of listing in an electronic directory that doesn't even bother with that itself. It was precisely that - the date, existence and type of charter - which was the root cause of so much trouble at St. Chris., not IMED.
So CMU students, current and prospective, should be looking for -
An IMED listing with the appropriate year intruction began and graduation years.
They should ask to see the charter and check on the relevant dates given in that document.

teratos
08-06-2007, 06:28 AM
I think that - date of charter - gets to the nub of the matter, rather than the search for a somewhat chimerical date of listing in an electronic directory that doesn't even bother with that itself. It was precisely that - the date, existence and type of charter - which was the root cause of so much trouble at St. Chris., not IMED.
So CMU students, current and prospective, should be looking for -

An IMED listing with the appropriate year intruction began and graduation years.
They should ask to see the charter and check on the relevant dates given in that document.

This just illustrates the point that sometimes the dates things occur can be very important. I know it is lookng at one point and applying it to another, but ECFMG, and more importantly state licensing boards can be very picky. If you are comfortable with everything, super. G

diogenes
08-06-2007, 06:43 AM
This just illustrates the point that sometimes the dates things occur can be very important. I know it is lookng at one point and applying it to another, but ECFMG, and more importantly state licensing boards can be very picky. If you are comfortable with everything, super. G
I think the point is that date of charter and date of IMED listing (if anyone could be bothered to verify it!) are not one and the same. The difference is important.
Getting students worried about when it was published in IMED is just adding an unnecessary layer of anxiety to a situation that is already very problematic. It might also distract them from what you've rightly homed in on as important for the state boards - the Charter details.

teratos
08-06-2007, 07:10 AM
We are both making assumptions. I am assuming that the date of IMED listing may be important. You are assuming it isn't. If I am going to assume anything, I would prefer to assume on the safe side. If there is any potential issue at all, then yes, it is worth worrying people over. Just my opinion. G

stateofequilibrium
08-06-2007, 07:14 AM
We are both making assumptions. I am assuming that the date of IMED listing may be important. You are assuming it isn't. If I am going to assume anything, I would prefer to assume on the safe side. If there is any potential issue at all, then yes, it is worth worrying people over. Just my opinion. G

It is, a very expensive investment in terms of money and time is something where one should do plentyof worrying and intense research. Throwing money into a pot and wishing for the best often has horrible outcomes, especially when it comes to offshore schools.

diogenes
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM
It is, a very expensive investment in terms of money and time is something where one should do plentyof worrying and intense research. Throwing money into a pot and wishing for the best often has horrible outcomes, especially when it comes to offshore schools.
That's all very true but I think you know I'm a long way off advocating just hoping for the best.
Do you really believe that if everything else is in order, a matter of few months gap between the school's date of charter and its appearance on an irregularly updated IMED website (that doesn't itself consider that listing date to be a vital statistic) is going to make much difference to anything?
One reason I'm persisting with this point is that I do believe it will distract from something which we all know can be key to licensure: no speculation, no opinion, fact - Charter date has been shown to be a vital point in the past. Whereas in all this discussion no one has given an example where the IMED date mattered.
In fact I think it's already been a distraction. At least twice now over many weeks someone has raised this issue of IMED listing date. Yet it's only now many posts later, through challenging this assumption, that we're focusing on those Charter details which we know for sure are important.
If the aim is to advise actual and potential students then I think it makes sense to give some prioritization so that they don't get bogged down or deliberately led astray by the school - what are the key things the careful consumer absolutely needs to verify before going any further? For the reasons I've already stated Charter would be very high on the list and would surely come a long way before this IMED listing date.

teratos
08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
You make excellent points. G

byteme
08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
We asked about the charter a couple of weeks ago and got no reply...big surprise.

Do you have a charter from the government of Curaçao to operate a medical school? If yes, what is the name of the government agency that issued the charter?

Do you have a charter from the government of Curaçao to operate a medical school? If yes, what is the name of the government agency that issued the charter? Currently we work in affiliation with Caribbean International University. The charter was signed in year 2001 by the Ministry of Education of Netherlands Antilles

I take it this means that it is CIU's charter that was signed in 2001. Does CMU have its own stand-alone charter? When was CMU's charter signed?

tinkywinky
08-07-2007, 03:15 AM
We asked about the charter a couple of weeks ago and got no reply...big surprise.

I am sure IMED approval and WHO listing are essential points for potential students. Can somebody from school panel verify what is going on concerning these two pints?

stateofequilibrium
08-07-2007, 07:19 AM
I am sure IMED approval and WHO listing are essential points for potential students. Can somebody from school panel verify what is going on concerning these two pints?

Apparently they're saying wait until Friday. But that still does not address the issue of their website proclaiming they have it now, nor have they given any hint in even considering changing it. I also hope that no applicant thought their plethora of stock photos is actually representative of their school/campus/faculty.

diogenes
08-07-2007, 07:37 AM
You make excellent points. G
Thanks George, but I think you (and byteme) have made the important one by raising the C word. Anyone concerned should be scrutinizing the Charter as though it were their personal contract with the Devil; paying particular attention to this question of who exactly is chartered to do what.
I'm guessing that the charter hasn't been produced yet (or has it?) for the same reason IMED hasn't been informed yet: there has not been any charter that mentions CMU specifically and that has had to wait for "the delay in processing" or the govt. to "eliminate a monopoly" as per dj $iva.

AUCMD2006
08-07-2007, 08:15 AM
wrong points

"Dear Rokshana
There is no single rule that the classes taken at any medical school won’t count if the school was not listed in IMED or WHO."

usmle eligibility is good but not the end game for us. we are guessing that some of the issues your school has could be a huge potential problem if anyone cares to check it out. you are also assuming that because there is no rule classes taken without imed that your classes will not count your students are OK but there is also no rule that says it can't be interpreted the other way straying your students. all it takes is one board to change its interpretation of the rules for absolutely no reason at all....and just because residents get by now does not guarantee anything later on just ask students of SMU in indiana, or SC in texas, and who knows where else who were pulled from residency after their 2nd year

"The licensing boards have strict rules about other important factors that would or would not qualify you for licensure, like USMLE score, number of attempts, quality and place of clinical rotations, etc."
actually they don't have strict rules on passing scores. a residency program can determine its own passing criteria, if you look at the back of the usmle score report it says that their "passing" score is a guideline only and not to be used in making residency placement decissions. some states do limit the number of tries to pass though with alaska at one attempt only. in practice though, everyone accepts the usmle passing score and your score is most definitely used for residency placement so as you can see what is writen or not writen can be very different than what actually happens.

"The fact that one semester was taken just before the school is listed in IMED/WHO directory doesn’t make any difference."

you have no more "fact" here than anyone else making counter points. until you have grads from the may class go through the application process for licensure in all states that allow your grads to practice the above statement is irresponsible at best.

"What would happen if you attended a school that closed down, like St. Christopher or MUA and won’t be listed in IMED/WHO at the time you apply for licensure?"

that is why people are repeatedly told over and over and over and over and over and over again to try to attend an established med school but in your scenario if the unfortunate student was lucky enough to have finished and had ther credentials veryfied through a service like CVS then they are OK in all states accepting that as credentials.

what about your USMLE attempt scenario with schools that don't care about number of attempts?

big who cares, that is the least of yoru worries going to a new school because a large portion of states don't care about number of attempts, so in this regard you are no more limiting yourself than by going to a new school with no track record

"What will happen if you attend a school that places you for core rotations that are not in teaching hospitals?"

the same thing that will happen to all your students doing rotations with "preceptors" they will not count

the same thing that will happen to yoru students IF it is determined that courses will not count...they will not be able to start residency

"Those are the major issues of students at most of offshore medical schools and at the same time reasons why students transfer to CMU since they wont have those problems."

this is another irresponsible AND GROSSLY MISLEADING STATEMENT! until your school has gradutes get training licenses AND permanent full unrestricted licenses you have no, zero, none whatsoever idea what problems will come up. to tell students transferring from other new untried schools that they will not have "those problems" is about as irresponsible a statement as can come from a school official. right now your school has the exact same issues and challenges as all other 20+ new schools down there.

And those are the issues that may have significant impact on the licensure application

those are some, not all others include greenbook rotations, actual contracts with teaching hospitals (not preceptors), a charter for the med school not through some other school, and so on

what the school does have going for it is that you have reps posting and getting feedback even though 50% of the responses are political and do not directly answer questions like the cahrter issue, ownership of buildings, hospital contracts vs preceptors...and so on

ok off to surgery

finishingfifth
08-07-2007, 09:59 AM
quite possibly the most thought out and articulate response to CMU admins constant barrage of misinformation and deceptive tactics. I am sure CMU admin will come on again and give an evasive response that does not truly address these issues. Probably something along the lines of "its gonna happen on the 10th, I promise", or "I know you are, what am I" Bottom line: go to an established med school

slevit1MD
08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Bottom line: go to an established med school

Just to clarify this, in case people are still unsure....this means:

Stay away from CMU!!!!

For a small summary as to why you should stay away:
1. Not a single graduate
2. The school gives out questionable information, at best
3. No IMED listing, no matter what they try to tell you otherwise (see #2)
4. No ability to take the USMLE
5. No ability to get licensed in the US
6. No greenbook rotations...following a doc around doesn't count

This is by no means a complete list, just some of the most important points.

iaustudent06
08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
-re-edited for unnecessary information-

dt
08-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Besides all the paperwork problems, someone posted videos of the school and some students.

Is anyone not double-checking to make sure some of those students shown were not dismissed from multiple other schools, because we are...

You are what? checking dismissal from other schools? why would you care?

just curious...

AUCMD2006
08-08-2007, 10:09 PM
see? i made a point by point notation of the school rep's statements and not a single response. of cousre if i would have said i was a prospective student or sat here praising the greatness of renting an auditorium that seats 400 for 8 students i am sure a response would have been put forth within 10 minutes

rlewkowski
08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
see? i made a point by point notation of the school rep's statements and not a single response. of cousre if i would have said i was a prospective student or sat here praising the greatness of renting an auditorium that seats 400 for 8 students i am sure a response would have been put forth within 10 minutes

Each post is very important to us and we are willing to reply to them but fairly speaking we have more important things to do than respond to the same questions over and over again.

stateofequilibrium
08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Each post is very important to us and we are willing to reply to them but fairly speaking we have more important things to do than respond to the same questions over and over again.

Fairly speaking that's because we're still waiting for answers. Frankly, I don't care about the charter. I just want to know why your website has been claiming to have WHO/IMED recognition all this time when it doesn't?

AUCMD2006
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM

you haven't answered any important questions just around them and then when they are asked again they are ignored

and i disagree with SOE, the charter issue is important because if i recall the school said they actually don't have a charter, just some sort of business license and use the educational charter of some other school there that isn't even a med school. sorry if this is wrong mr L, that is what i recall. so if the school is using another charter, has imed issues, along with the other things it is a cumulative effect of all that is troubling.

so again:

-does the school, by school i mean CMU specifically not any other entity, have a charter with its name (CMU) directly from the govt authorizing it to grand MD degrees? note that this does not include licenses to oprn a business, or membership in any better business bureau type of organization nor is it asking anything about its non profit status just a charter given directly to CMU to grant degrees

-why does the school use preceptors if they will not count as clinical rotations?

-are there full affiliation agreements with acgme teaching hospitals directly with CMU to take their students. again not precptors allowing them to tag along but full contracted hospitals that provide clinical rotations?

-does the school actually own any of its classrooms or buildings or are they just rented out floorspace in a convention center or office building. nothing wrong with leasing classrooms just asking because a big deal was made about campus and 400 seat classrooms.

these are just a few of the never ending questions because they never get answered

-imed has been answerd a few times. first it was may, then june, now its friday

rlewkowski
08-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Let me answer those questions AGAIN!!!

Q:"does the school, by school i mean CMU specifically not any other entity, have a charter with its name (CMU) directly from the govt authorizing it to grand MD degrees?"

A: As I stated in the previous post the application for the charter was submitted in March. Due to unresolved claims of St. Martinus about their exclusive right to operate medical school on the island, the process was delayed. 2 weeks ago the Government of Curacao clarified that there was no exclusive right and started processing our application. Based on the information we received from the Government officials, the charter will be signed by the end of this week.

Q:"why does the school use preceptors if they will not count as clinical rotations? Are there full affiliation agreements with acgme teaching hospitals directly with CMU to take their students. again not precptors allowing them to tag along but full contracted hospitals that provide clinical rotations?"

A: If you are familiar with a Clinical Rotation Program, you should know that each school use preceptors for its students during Clinical Clerkship. ALL CORE ROTATION PRECEPTORS WORKING WITH CMU ARE EMPLOYED BY ACGME TEACHING HOSPITALS THAT WE HAVE CONTRACTS WITH!!! This doesn’t apply to elective rotations, since it is not required. Once our students start rotations in September, you would be able to contact them to confirm those spots.

Q:"does the school actually own any of its classrooms or buildings or are they just rented out floorspace in a convention center or office building. nothing wrong with leasing classrooms just asking because a big deal was made about campus and 400 seat classrooms."

A:"CMU doesn’t rent the buildings. We are affiliated with Caribbean International University, which is the owner of the main campus."

dt
08-09-2007, 12:24 AM

Q:"does the school, by school i mean CMU specifically not any other entity, have a charter with its name (CMU) directly from the govt authorizing it to grand MD degrees?"

A: As I stated in the previous post the application for the charter was submitted in March. Due to unresolved claims of St. Martinus about their exclusive right to operate medical school on the island, the process was delayed. 2 weeks ago the Government of Curacao clarified that there was no exclusive right and started processing our application. Based on the information we received from the Government officials, the charter will be signed by the end of this week.

Now this is new to me...

rlewkowski
08-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Now this is new to me...

Cause you didnt read my previous posts

DOC.p
08-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Fairly speaking that's because we're still waiting for answers. Frankly, I don't care about the charter. I just want to know why your website has been claiming to have WHO/IMED recognition all this time when it doesn't?
and for the 598759547495757th time, this question is still avoided.

stateofequilibrium
08-09-2007, 08:45 AM
you haven't answered any important questions just around them and then when they are asked again they are ignored

and i disagree with SOE, the charter issue is important because if i recall the school said they actually don't have a charter,

I didn't say it was not important. But the charter issue is more complicated and I would've appreciated a straight answer to a more simpler question.

rlewkowski
08-09-2007, 08:57 AM
and for the 598759547495757th time, this question is still avoided.

The question has been answered, so please dont mislead forum users. http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/140515-rlewkowski-who-imed-2.html#post647582

stateofequilibrium
08-09-2007, 09:14 AM
The question has been answered, so please dont mislead forum users. http://www.valuemd.com/caribbean-medical-university-cmu/140515-rlewkowski-who-imed-2.html#post647582

Misleading would be say "We have WHO/IMED recognition" when you really mean "We are eligible for WHO/IMED recognition" as you have stated in that response. Those have two very different meanings.

I am eligible to receive an MD when I complete my schoolwork, but I cannot say I HAVE an MD just because I'm eligible.

finishingfifth
08-09-2007, 09:32 AM
You know, I got a piece of junk mail saying I was eligible to win 10 million dollars yesterday (EdMcMahon is coming on Friday the 10th!). Awesome, I am rich! So according to Mr. L's logic, I can buy CMU (and still have about 9.9 million bucks left), and fire any staff members who lie to potential students. Lucky for CMU admin, aligibility and accreditation are not one and the same. So, I guess he gets to keep the deception going.

DOC.p
08-09-2007, 09:47 AM
no no no, i'm not misleading any forum users. your website is misleading potential students: CMU | Caribbean Medical University - About CMU (http://www.cmumed.org/about/index.htm)

this states that under recognitions, you have IMED/WHO when you've said friday is when you will have it.

this has been on your website for a long time, i'm not misleading anyone by pointing it out.

rlewkowski
08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
no no no, i'm not misleading any forum users. your website is misleading potential students: CMU | Caribbean Medical University - About CMU (http://www.cmumed.org/about/index.htm)

this states that under recognitions, you have IMED/WHO when you've said friday is when you will have it.

this has been on your website for a long time, i'm not misleading anyone by pointing it out.

You are misleading forum users by staiting that "this question is still avoided". I've never avoided any questions, even tough ones.

stateofequilibrium
08-09-2007, 10:54 AM
You are misleading forum users by staiting that "this question is still avoided". I've never avoided any questions, even tough ones.

Then please tell us why your website has declared for all this time that you do have these recognitions when you said on this forum that you are only eligible for them?

DOC.p
08-09-2007, 11:03 AM
let me ask you this, would it be legal if a school, take AUA or SMU for example, posted on their website that they have California approval? According to your response, "eligible for listing", AUA or SMU could be eligible to post that they have California approval.

i'm sorry but that is simply misleading. to say that you may have something in the future and documenting it on a website as if you actually do have it is wrong. as SOE said, you cannot call yourself an MD just because you are eligible for it in the future.

rokshana
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Q:"why does the school use preceptors if they will not count as clinical rotations? Are there full affiliation agreements with acgme teaching hospitals directly with CMU to take their students. again not precptors allowing them to tag along but full contracted hospitals that provide clinical rotations?"

A: If you are familiar with a Clinical Rotation Program, you should know that each school use preceptors for its students during Clinical Clerkship. ALL CORE ROTATION PRECEPTORS WORKING WITH CMU ARE EMPLOYED BY ACGME TEACHING HOSPITALS THAT WE HAVE CONTRACTS WITH!!! This doesn’t apply to elective rotations, since it is not required. Once our students start rotations in September, you would be able to contact them to confirm those spots.

evidently YOU are not familar with the clinical rotation process. Yes preceptors are used AT HOSPITALS THAT THE SCHOOLS HAVE SIGNED AFFLIATION AGREEMENTS. The contract is not signed between the preceptor and the school- preceptors are hired and fired by the hospital that employs them. Preceptors come and go, ACGME residencies (for the most part) do not- and it with them the agreements are made. You cannot(legally at least) use the ACGME # of a residency if your agreement isn't with the program, but just some guy associated with the program.

Do you really think that sgu spent 100 million dollars for agreements with a bunch of preceptors?

and as to SOE's issue- the point isn't that you haven't answered the question per se- its why, when pointed out as a mistake, have you NOT changed the designation on your website?? We and those who frequent vmd know that there is a descrepancy, but theose poor hapless, umm, souls? who look only your website think that you are legit.

dt
08-09-2007, 11:11 AM
oh, oh...

when moderators and school official fight, who's going to step in and moderate?

sreec
08-09-2007, 12:10 PM
when moderators and school official fight, who's going to step in and moderate?

Moderators don't step in and settle arguments. We just make sure that everyone, including ourselves, follow the rules of the site.

AUCMD2006
08-09-2007, 03:09 PM

thank you mr l for answering the questions it helps out understanding what is going on and hopedully the issues will be resolved. i am an optimist and as such i know first hand how slow the islands move on anything so i am giving you guys benefit of doubt because even for simple billing issues with my cell phone i kept being told different dates by different people so i imagine it only gets worse the higher and lazier up the chain of government you go.

i disagree with some of your view points but that is just a difference of opinion on what some things constitute:

-renting classrooms, if you aren't part of the university as in a college of medicine within the larger university then the facilities are in fact "rented". there has to be some sort of monetary exchange to use the other schools facilities..hence the "affiliation" is an affiliation to use resources tha CMU does not have. if CMU was owned by the university and only one of the departments then and only then would they be CMU facilities.

this is the same thing as saying that because AUC or SGU has affiliation agreements with wyckoff then the hospital facilities belong to auc and sgu when in fact both just rent out time and space from a larger entity.

-like rokshana mentioned there has to be a formal affiliation agreement with a core acgme hospital, not the preceptor since you aren't a med student you don't know how things run or what goes on in hospitals.

there were carin schools in the past that, in atalanta, tried to use preceptors through some consulting firm and had students tagging along to whatever hospital the attending had priviliges at without going through the med ed office of that hospital so the hospital had no idea students were there. then they filled out papers using the hospitals acgme numbers as having rotated through there. this led to ALL foreign students being kicked out of that hospital system and never allowing foreign students to rotate through again

it is things like the ones above along with financial fiascos created by your predececors at other schools that led to financial aid from some banks to be denied to carib students that make people think carib schools are a joke and that is why we that know there are good students and good schools down there get upset and jump on these things

Mawdy
08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
As Caseven MD mentioned there is alot going on. If you look at the faculty, courses, student services and well as accreditation and credentials the school is doing well. There will always be people who are going to bash schools. That's unfortunate. However, if your school has the credentials to allow you the sit for the USMLE then the rest is up to you. I'm transferring from a school that has been around for a number of years. I like the school, but it's not all that. Some of the teachers actually want students to fail and deliberately make the exams so difficult to meet this end. I'm excited about CMU, I've checked them out and everything looks fine. I know it won't be perfect, but no place is. For all of you who have nothing to do but bash schools you need to grow up, focus your energy more constructively and hit the books. The school does'nt determine what kind doctor you'll be or how successful.

Scott1981
08-09-2007, 05:13 PM
As Caseven MD mentioned there is alot going on. If you look at the faculty, courses, student services and well as accreditation and credentials the school is doing well. There will always be people who are going to bash schools. That's unfortunate. However, if your school has the credentials to allow you the sit for the USMLE then the rest is up to you. I'm transferring from a school that has been around for a number of years. I like the school, but it's not all that. Some of the teachers actually want students to fail and deliberately make the exams so difficult to meet this end. I'm excited about CMU, I've checked them out and everything looks fine. I know it won't be perfect, but no place is. For all of you who have nothing to do but bash schools you need to grow up, focus your energy more constructively and hit the books. The school does'nt determine what kind doctor you'll be or how successful.

did you not just read anything on this forum about CMU? :roll:

everyone, please wait while i bash my head against the wall :?

stateofequilibrium
08-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Wow.. when you say you've "checked them out," exactly what does that entail? Such as going over to IMED and finding out that they actually are NOT listed perhaps?

rokshana
08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
If you look at the faculty, courses, student services and well as accreditation and credentials the school is doing well .

Please, PLEASE tell me where on earth you saw credentials- even RL himself has said (here at least) that they don't HAVE any credentials- they ARE going to have them in the next day, but that is certainly not the same as having them!!

There will always be people who are going to bash schools. That's unfortunate. However, if your school has the credentials to allow you the sit for the USMLE then the rest is up to you..

Bashing is one thing, but AGAIN they do not have said credentials that will allow you to sit for the USMLE- if you don't want to practice in the US, well that's not an issue, but if the US is where you want to go- then you have no reassurance (at least until tomorrow) that you will be able to do exactly that!

I'm transferring from a school that has been around for a number of years. I like the school, but it's not all that. .

you don't pick a school based on thte fact that its all that- you pick one based on the fact- FACT- not hopes - that you will be able to have an MD AND be able to be licensed in the place you want to practice medicine.

Some of the teachers actually want students to fail and deliberately make the exams so difficult to meet this end. .

big stinkin deal- if YOU know the material and score 90% on the exam - guess what? you ain't failing, no matter how hard a prof wants to fail you (and really the only ones that EVER say this are those who can't pass the stupid test).

I'm excited about CMU, I've checked them out and everything looks fine. .

Exactly how hard did ya look? Fine is not the word i would say about cmu.

For all of you who have nothing to do but bash schools you need to grow up, focus your energy more constructively and hit the books. The school does'nt determine what kind doctor you'll be or how successful.

Sweetie, it you that needs to grow up and realize the difference between school bashing and legit concerns- and for the most part the ones that are here constructively questioning this school HAVE hit the books- notice many of them are graduates and residents already- they know the pitfalls of a caribbean education and how one needs to make sure addtional pitfalls are not placed in front of a student by the school (s)he goes to. No IMED/FAIMER/WHO charter, ACGME rotations- all should raise red flags!!!!

MDbonaire07
08-09-2007, 08:44 PM

I'm totally on your side. I’m also going to CMU for Fall and imp very excited about their latest developments. I’m a student at SJSM and my school after 7 years of operations can only dream about the position, where CMU is at the beginning. Those who are bashing CMU all the time are most definitely agents of others schools. Real student don’t have time to spend on "based on them, a school with no future forum". Just look at the time they spend on posting. It’s obvious that those are agents.
I believe the admin provides a proof of the charter soon so we can finally get over the bashings.
I have talked to the Chicago office and the Student Government is supposed to prepare a nice event for new students. See you at CMU in September.

stateofequilibrium
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm totally on your side. I’m also going to CMU for Fall and imp very excited about their latest developments. I’m a student at SJSM and my school after 7 years of operations can only dream about the position, where CMU is at the beginning. Those who are bashing CMU all the time are most definitely agents of others schools. Real student don’t have time to spend on "based on them, a school with no future forum". Just look at the time they spend on posting. It’s obvious that those are agents.
I believe the admin provides a proof of the charter soon so we can finally get over the bashings.
I have talked to the Chicago office and the Student Government is supposed to prepare a nice event for new students. See you at CMU in September.

Your deductive reasoning is astounding. I wish I was an agent :( I might actually get paid. A lot of us can juggle free time and studying quite well thank you, and still rock the boards. Sorry if you can't.

Sooo, people are faking the IMED website right? Where you can go and search for IMED listings of medical schools? Yup, IMED must definitely be an agent of other schools.

Not knowing anything about SJSM, perhaps CMU is much better. Though I don't know if that says something about CMU or SJSM, especially since CMU has absolutely no track record whatsoever.

" I believe the admin provides a proof of the charter soon so we can finally get over the bashings." The admin has shown no such thing. In fact, he even states that we have to wait until Friday (tomorrow) for some important documents. While that might be fine and all for INCOMING students, that still runs into the fact that it may very well hurt the current students during residency as it happened with St. Chris students. Not to mention their website proclaiming they already are in possession of ALL legal documents for students to sit for the USMLE when for a FACT (go call up WHO/IMED and check their website), they have not had these during this time.

ind3r
08-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Wow are guys serious (mawdy and bonaire)??? These are no agents, just concerned individuals that are trying to help prospective students by asking legitimate questions to an institution that has made fraudulent claims on their official website (perhaps instead of stating actually being recognized, you could have atleast stated "in the process of").

Now I know to some of you this statement is quite redundant.

DOC.p
08-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Those who are bashing CMU all the time are most definitely agents of others schools. Real student don’t have time to spend on "based on them, a school with no future forum". Just look at the time they spend on posting. It’s obvious that those are agents.
ok...you caught me. AUA gives me free education just to come on here and post! :confused:

actually no, i have very good time management skills that i can come on here read and post and still be at the top of the class. that's to be expected though because i'm of course, paid to be posting this right now.

rokshana
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Those who are bashing CMU all the time are most definitely agents of others schools. Real student don’t have time to spend on "based on them, a school with no future forum". Just look at the time they spend on posting. It’s obvious that those are agents.

I wish! I could use the tuition discount!

Its amazing, really, some of us are quite capable of balancing school and the few minutes it takes to post here and stay in one school the whole course of our medical school career.

i will admit though- this forum does serve a purpose- i certainly look forward to taking a break from step II study and see what is going on here!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.