PDA

View Full Version : Aruba vs. Bonair Campus

silent shimmer
07-30-2007, 04:28 PM
I just recently found out about Xavier, I was wondering:

1)What is the difference between the two campuses(Aruba vs. Bonair)?
2)Which campus is better academically?
3)Which one would provide better residencies?
4)Which one has better matches?

Just over all, which would be a better campus to go to academically?
Please get back to me as soon as possible, for I plan on applying within
this week and attending this fall.

Thank you :)

ind3r
07-31-2007, 05:12 AM
It is a fairly new institution so for most of your questions... the answer is uncertain! Their first MD class graduates this year so we'll all know soon enough. If you have any important questions, I'd really recommend that you either call the admissions offices of each of the respective institutions or browse the forums and find out what currently enrolled students are saying. But I have a question for you: why didn't you have apply to SFU or UBC to enroll in a BofS or BofA program!

silent shimmer
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
I just finished one year of my undergrad, and was looking into an expedited pre-med/MD program. I have 2-3 friends who are going to Xavier (Bonaire).

I looked up the forums on Xavier, and it turns out that you can not get a residency or a license in Texas! That's my home state and wehre I want to practice medicine. For that reason, I plan on finishing my undergrad at University of Texas in Austin, then study as heck and get into a Med School in the U.S.

However, if within the next year/semester I find out that Xavier has been accredited by Texas, I will be on my way there.

ind3r
07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
For that reason, I plan on finishing my undergrad at University of Texas in Austin, then study as heck and get into a Med School in the U.S.

In the long run, that'd be the best b/c a lot more options w/ be open for you when you obtain a Bachelors Degree! GL!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.