PDA

View Full Version : bikes in residence

canucketchase
07-23-2007, 11:41 AM
just wondering if anyone managed to get their bike in the residence halls instead of outside, i do triathlon stuff and want to bring my bike but need to have it inside ... anyone get away with that ?

azulpanther
07-23-2007, 12:44 PM
they wouldnt have the bikes inside cause it would smudge the floor. I recommend getting a real good cover for it. the RH director hes really strict about certains things, this could be one of them

WSUCougar
07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
just wondering if anyone managed to get their bike in the residence halls instead of outside, i do triathlon stuff and want to bring my bike but need to have it inside ... anyone get away with that ?

From looking at the pics of the Residence Halls, even if you could bring it in you're living space would be cut in half

zcrat
07-23-2007, 02:02 PM

If you bring your bike, bring a cover because of the weather your bike will get rusty very, very, very soon. If you paid good money for the bike, do not bring it, buy a cheap one here on the island. The RH manager will NOT let you put your bike inside your room because he is very strict about things like that.
The best solution is to wait until the following semester when you get out of the RH and get your own place.

Sebastien Guilbard
07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Hello,

This is the strict person talking :D
Sorry but you cannot bring your bike in the RH for cleaning reasons.
Please send me an email though [email protected] so we can discuss other options.

Thank you,

911Med
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I am a fellow triathlon geek. Trust me, I am sure that your bike cost a pretty penny - most triathlon bikes are in the $2500 USD and above arena. I am glad I saw this thread, I wanted to bring my mountain bike and triathlon bike down as a form of recreation/mental health apart from studying. My gameplan is to hopefully have them shipped to me once I am on the island, settled in, and can find a reliable safe haven for them through another students housing or perhaps a trustworthy local (i.e. find a little old lady and offer to give her a few bucks to safely store them in her garage/storage.)

Until then, I am building up a cheap indestructible commuter bike that can withstand being left outside. - Aluminum fixed gear track bike with gumwalls etc.

drjohnwebb
07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Hello,

This is the strict person talking :D
Sorry but you cannot bring your bike in the RH for cleaning reasons.
Please send me an email though [email protected] so we can discuss other options.

Thank you,

That is too funny...

If you ever need a car, Sebastien probably has a jeep lying around he could sell you..haha

hxa
07-24-2007, 03:27 AM
did someone say jeep?!?

drjohnwebb
07-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah, he is the jeep man..

Sebastien Guilbard
07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
i am no longer a jeep dealer, sold the 3 i had, only mine left and it is not for sale.....unless...

See you all in September and Dr John, good luck for the finals coming soon.... :D

drjohnwebb
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks.. good luck with all the incoming people fussing about housing.. I am glad it is your job and not mine.. I will stick with taking tests...

azulpanther
07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
i dont know i think being homeless is something to be fussy about lol . especially homeless in a foreign country

Sebastien Guilbard
07-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Azul,

i do not recall that we have left students homeless or not tried to help them find housing for the past 6 years i have been with SMU.
This year, with JM-M on board, students should have all information they require.

azulpanther
07-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Mr. Guilbard I aint doubting your skills at finding housing. I know that you are very good at what you do. I am familiar with the island and with SMU. I know what is good and what is not so good with this island and school. I know this cause I am a 4th semester student. But think about the incoming 1st semesters I think they are entitled to their fears. They don't know this place nor the school so they are justified in their fears.

Sebastien Guilbard
07-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Azul, you are right, it is stressful to move country and arrive in a new place. I do believe that SMU is doing everything possible to ease this transition and that the Caymans are a relatively easy place to move to.

PS: thank you for the nice words and good luck for the rest of your term.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.