PDA

View Full Version : transportation

fhs623
07-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Sorry, if I'm beating a dead horse but are the buses there reliable? As sad as it may sound, I cant ride a bike, so is public transportation my only option?

drjohnwebb
07-21-2007, 05:10 PM
YES.. many buses will come by, you may just have to wait for one. Just go to class early, so if you have to wait or if the bus stops several times, you will be ok.

zcrat
07-23-2007, 01:06 AM
YES.. many buses will come by, you may just have to wait for one. Just go to class early, so if you have to wait or if the bus stops several times, you will be ok.

I'm sorry but this is not true. Local transportations is only reliable when there are no cruise-ships in town because when they are, you will wait more than an hour if you get lucky to be picked up..
Buy a car and you will be fine

drjohnwebb
07-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Yet again, ZCRAT is right... I forgot about cruise ship days. I have a car.. so I have never had to catch the bus.

Buying a car is an extra expense and can be a hassle... but it is nice to have one here. You will makes friends quickly if you have a car..LOL

I would buy a van and start bussing students to school for $1 each way.. that would be at least $20 a day. That would pay for gas, insurance and most of the car over 16 months..

I think I will buy one TODAY...lol

zcrat
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Yet again, ZCRAT is right... I forgot about cruise ship days. I have a car.. so I have never had to catch the bus.

Buying a car is an extra expense and can be a hassle... but it is nice to have one here. You will makes friends quickly if you have a car..LOL

I would buy a van and start bussing students to school for $1 each way.. that would be at least $20 a day. That would pay for gas, insurance and most of the car over 16 months..

I think I will buy one TODAY...lol

If anybody wants to buy a car, check the link below........I'm selling my van....the first year i made money taking people from and to the school and also, picking people from the airport.....that was good!

http://www.valuemd.com/st-matthews-medical-school-classifieds/138883-94-toyota-townace-4-sale.html

:outtahere::flag::-sport:outtahere:

azulpanther
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
get a car. it;ll make ur life much easier. just get one,

WSUCougar
07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Will I be ok without a car if I'm living by the School? I was thinking that here and there I could just rent a car when me and the wife wanted to explore the island.

zcrat
07-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Will I be ok without a car if I'm living by the School? I was thinking that here and there I could just rent a car when me and the wife wanted to explore the island.

I think it will be ok if you live close to the school but, how close are we talking? Also, take in consideration the weather, most of the time is very hot and humid and the it rains a lot during rainy season; grocerie shopping and if you rent a car, wouldn't that be just a waste of money? if you buy a decent car, you could get what you paid for the car when you re-sell it.

Sebastien Guilbard
07-23-2007, 04:45 PM
between the buses for SMU students and the regular buses, you should have more than enough to go and get back from school if you decide not to buy a car.

WSUCougar
07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I think it will be ok if you live close to the school but, how close are we talking? Also, take in consideration the weather, most of the time is very hot and humid and the it rains a lot during rainy season

I'll be at the Southampton Garden condo's. I already have to sell one of my kidney's to pay for the rent there. If I get a car then that means I'll have to sell my other one, and I really don't want to be on dialysis;)

Sebastien Guilbard
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, may be you should have looked into living in one of the Residencies, keep your kidney and ride the buses....
i hope you can keep you other kidney and avoid dialysis :p

WSUCougar
07-23-2007, 05:17 PM
take in consideration the weather, most of the time is very hot and humid and the it rains a lot during rainy season; grocerie shopping and if you rent a car, wouldn't that be just a waste of money?

I'll just have to bring an umbrella and rough it. I hear I'll be living close to the school, so hopefully it won't be that bad. I've been watching a lot of
Man vs Wild lately on the Discovery Channel so I feel pretty prepared to deal with the weather. ;)

WSUCougar
07-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Well, may be you should have looked into living in one of the Residencies

I would of but I didn't want my wife to get claustrophobic ;)

azulpanther
07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
i knew some people that lived there. 2 guys had cars but would ride their bicycle to school whenever they felt like it. If i was you i would at least def get a bike. It would change a 15 min walk to a 3 min bike ride

WSUCougar
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
i knew some people that lived there. 2 guys had cars but would ride their bicycle to school whenever they felt like it. If i was you i would at least def get a bike. It would joy a 15 min walk to a 3 min bike ride

thanks for the info, I was wondering about how long it would take me to walk to school. I plan on getting a bike.

smu79
07-23-2007, 07:59 PM
poeple before and after me have/will be ok with out a car. i had no car and i lived 7 miles from school...i biked and when it rained, i bused...never was late to class.

I also bought groceries other stuff without a car....

unless you live 20 miles from school (or married)...there is absolutely no way you need a car....

i mean, when i was there, there were kids who mommy and daddy bought them a benz, land rover, hummer, etc. just to cumute 2 miles!

walk..it is good for you!

azulpanther
07-24-2007, 02:12 AM
poeple before and after me have/will be ok with out a car. i had no car and i lived 7 miles from school...i biked and when it rained, i bused...never was late to class.

I also bought groceries other stuff without a car....

unless you live 20 miles from school (or married)...there is absolutely no way you need a car....

i mean, when i was there, there were kids who mommy and daddy bought them a benz, land rover, hummer, etc. just to cumute 2 miles!

walk..it is good for you!

I'll walk but my jordans would get dirty HAHHAHAHAHAAH

What do you mean you dont eat lobster every night ???

I love rich spoil peeps

hxa
07-24-2007, 04:25 AM
i wish my daddy would buy me a benz :(

smu79
07-24-2007, 10:11 AM
i wish my daddy would buy me a benz :(

There was this one guy in our class who had 2 benz, one was a 700 series. he had a rotation going on (mon he drove one and tue he drove the other.

oh LA DULCE VITA

WSUCougar
07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
There was this one guy in our class who had 2 benz, one was a 700 series. he had a rotation going on (mon he drove one and tue he drove the other.

Not me, I'll be rotating between my reeboks and addidas :shock:

Sebastien Guilbard
07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Man vs wild is a great show but our local animals are way easier to deal with.

Good luck,

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.