PDA

View Full Version : ACGME Certified

forumz
07-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Hello,

In response to "Xavier Admissions" posting regarding the ACGME Certification:

"This is correct.
But please remember that many schools in the Caribbean might offer these types of rotations, but have no contract with the actual hospital to back them up. This can be a problem for the students who are not validated by the hospital after completing the rotations. The largest selection of people that transfer to Xavier.
Also, please remember that most states do not require that ALL rotations be ACGME for IMG's. This is why Xavier and most, if not all other Caribbean schools, use a combination depending on scheduling and specialty. Otherwise it would take possibly twice as long to complete your clinical semesters.
Reality check: There are only so many hospitals with ACGME Accreditation, meaning their are only so many spots available. And most if not everyone reading this is planning on going to or in an international medical school."

I was wondering if anyone could inform me which states DO require All Clinical to be ACGME certified, and the ones which don't, how many of them DO need to be? I've looked desperately throughout he forum and have found no precise, clear-cut answer. Thank you.

sreec
07-14-2007, 07:53 AM
There are only so many hospitals with ACGME Accreditation, meaning their are only so many spots available. And most if not everyone reading this is planning on going to or in an international medical school.
Or you can go to one of the myriad schools which guarantee Greenbook core rotations, some of which have admissions standards equal to that of Xavier's.

States that may prove to be difficult regarding "GREEN" rotations are California, Delaware, Conn, Georgia (all including electives), Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, and Kansas (15 year rule). Tennessee and Nevada should probably be put in this list as well.

States that aren't as difficult, with regards to "GREEN" rotations are Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas (be ready to fight), Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.