PDA

View Full Version : want to be a surgeon ?

alan.watson59
07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi, I want to be a surgeon but I don't know what university i would go to, one in australia, as I live here. I would like to know how much i would earn if i became a surgeon, and how long it would take me. any help our guidance will be appreciated very much.

MDXRS22
07-12-2007, 07:05 PM
You will owe first before you can earn.
But you will make quite a bunch by being a surgeon. I don't have an estimate yet. Did you already buy your books? Any renown school will get you there as well. You just need to master that art of cutting folks open.
There are many students here who can help you out. Hang in there!

What's the name of the Univ in Australia?

jameslynton
07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Generally, It takes four years of undergrad college with excellent grades, then four years of medical school with excellent grades and very good medical board scores. Then 5 to 7 years of residency in surgery.
Don't take any shortcuts as that they generally backfire on you! In undergrad do what it takes to earn top grades. Generally in the US, surgeons earn the most either in orthopedics or cardio. Don't know how it is down under. There are links to pay surveys if you search on the site. Hope this helps!

Nima
07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Any idea about MPH at St George? What happen if you do not get 3.5 in your first year And you were accepted conditinally for MD via MPH ?

Also when you apply MPH/MD route, you still have to sit for MCAT?
Thanks

diogenes
07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Can't this thread be moved to a more relevant spot? It makes me uneasy to see posts so good-natured and lacking in vituperation on the IUHS forum.:(

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.