PDA

View Full Version : homeschooling question

tmart
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi, My husband will be starting St. Matthews in September. We have 2 daughters that will be coming with us. One is 4 and the other will be 8 in September. I will be homeschooling them while we are there. I was wondering if there are any other wives that will be homeschooling while there? I also have a lot of questions about it so if there is anybody that knows anything about it please feel free to pass on any information. Thanks, I am really looking forward to this experience!!

JTP73
07-06-2007, 12:42 PM
The Education Connection, P.O. Box 31160 SMB, Grand Cayman. Tele: 345-916-0897

This may be a good starting point. Best of luck! Plenty of places for educational field trips--botanical garden, turtle farm, stingray city, the beach, historical sites... Great way to learn! Have fun with it and create some lesson plans that incorporate the history of the island.

MD777
07-10-2007, 11:21 PM
please check w/ your child's school first. there is a standard to follow for each state. i had a friend did the same; she brought ALL the materials here to teach her kids.

also, use google online to search "homeschooling" w/ your state name in the search...there will be zillions things pop up to guide you thru the process. i thought about doing this too. i checked it a while ago...there is a toll free number that you could ring to find out the details...

for your kids' sake, please check it in details before you leave US. the 8 yrs' edu is a critical stage of learning math and some science...

Hi, My husband will be starting St. Matthews in September. We have 2 daughters that will be coming with us. One is 4 and the other will be 8 in September. I will be homeschooling them while we are there. I was wondering if there are any other wives that will be homeschooling while there? I also have a lot of questions about it so if there is anybody that knows anything about it please feel free to pass on any information. Thanks, I am really looking forward to this experience!!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.