PDA

View Full Version : Xavier questions

this is it
06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I have been visisting this forum for a while and today i tought of registering, since i had a few questions.

Hey guys, I got accpted to the Pre-med program at xavier, alothough i will have only one semester of pre-med to do before i start the MD program because most of the pre-reqs i have completed here at US. Now, this school is totally new to me and I dont know anything about it. i fanybody knows some info about the school on the following topics, i would really aapreciare if you share it with me.

1 USMLE pass rate
2 residescies in atlanta,GA (THIS IS WHAT AN ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME)
3 How hard to get in the MD PROGRAM after I complete one semester of pre-med over there?
4 if the schol has graduated its first class, where can i find the contact info for the people already graduated or doing residencies.
5 hicih campus is better? (i got into aruba):confused:

jameslynton
06-09-2007, 06:26 AM
I have been visisting this forum for a while and today i tought of registering, since i had a few questions.

Hey guys, I got accpted to the Pre-med program at xavier, alothough i will have only one semester of pre-med to do before i start the MD program because most of the pre-reqs i have completed here at US. Now, this school is totally new to me and I dont know anything about it. i fanybody knows some info about the school on the following topics, i would really aapreciare if you share it with me.

1 USMLE pass rate
2 residescies in atlanta,GA (THIS IS WHAT AN ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME)
3 How hard to get in the MD PROGRAM after I complete one semester of pre-med over there?
4 if the school has graduated its first class, where can i find the contact info for the people already graduated or doing residencies.
5 Which campus is better? (i got into aruba):confused:
6First, VMD - tells students to take their pre-reqs in the US and finish a degree in the US first and attempt to get into US schools first. Remember - study at most island schools for pre-req's does not transfer anywhere - so it means nothing! Please think about that!

From the students at Xavier who have PM'ed me yes their "clinical rotations" are in Atlanta with GMC. Do your research on GMC (AUA forum about a year ago). Many students have found their clinical rotations are not greenbook. If you don't know what "greenbook" clinical rotations are please research that. As far as I know no students have graduated - the school has not posted a pass rate on the USMLE tests (step 1 & Step 2's). As long as your credit holds out they will allow you in their medical school.

khsyed
06-26-2007, 01:02 PM
why hasn't anyone graduated yet?

khsyed
06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
if someone completes the degree in the islands why would he still need pre-req's for?

WiiGirl
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Any medical school will remain unproven until such time it can provide an example of a graduate with an unrestricted medical license to practice in the location of interest.

WiiGirl
06-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Any medical school will remain unproven until such time it can provide an example of a graduate with an unrestricted medical license to practice in the location of interest.

ind3r
07-18-2007, 03:36 AM
why hasn't anyone graduated yet?

It is a farily new institution there first MD graduates are coming out this year i think. I am not sure. But I know they haven't been in existence for about 4 years. Once again I'm not 100% sure. Maybe you can check their websites and verify what I said.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.