PDA

View Full Version : urgent please help me

deco
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM
:)
hi guys
i passed both usmle step 1 and usmle step 2 on the first attempt , i got 92 in step 1 and 91 in step 2
i passed the C.S on the second attempt
i am international medical graduate < non -citizen>> and i graduated since 3 years
what are my chances to get residency in the internal medicine.
the other thing is i wanna apply to do step 3 to strength my application , I got 54 on usmle world q bank step 3 and score of 400 on nbme
is this good score to take the step 3 exam and what is the equal for that on 2 digits << 400=???>>
i dont want h1 visa
please reply
and thanks alot
:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::con fused:

dkpwalker
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
why wouldn't you want a HIB visa? and why are you confused? you stand a great chance of getting into a good IM program despite failing CS on your first attempt. You have good step 1 and step 2 scores. Now as for the step 3, i am an IMG who is still awaiting my step 3 scores, my average on USMLEworld was 62 and i never did the NMB whatever. my score was reported last wednesday but is yet to arrive. My advice is apply broadly, sensibly and early and i am almost certain you will get interviews, i would suggest though that you try to get step 3 under your belt, it does make your application look better even though you do not want a H1B visa. Good luck!

Hatim
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
whats better to get J1 or H1b??

IMG SURVIVOR
06-06-2007, 07:26 PM
J1 you are a student that will go back to your country

H1b you are working for them, and its easier for you to stay in USA

deco
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
thankx guys
but i want just to know if i am ready for exam or not
if i applied with j1 and i have step 3 , it is more better than if i applied for h1 , the chance with j1 will be mor high simply because most hospitals sponsor the j1 visa

dkpwalker
06-07-2007, 08:44 AM
well since the hospitals that sponsor H1 also sponsors J1 it will be a win win situation for you if you do get into a program that offers it and you are right, most hospitals do prefer to sponsor J1 because it is a lot less expensive but why aim for the clouds when you can aim for the stars? at least if you fall short you can land on top of the clouds :). whatever you do though, you stand a good chance. good luck!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.