PDA

View Full Version : What happened at SCIMD?

azskeptic
05-29-2007, 09:09 AM
I am told by reputable sources that FS is out. What is this change doing to students?

maximillian genossa
05-29-2007, 10:10 AM
If that's true, I t will mark the end of an era of nightmares for the students, effectively whiping out all the old management, providing an opportunity for a clean slate for the school. Worse scenario case, the new management fails to turn around the school and new an improved problems may arise. Who knows?

Good luck to all of them.

chapelier
08-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Hello :)
If they accept me I will transfert to SCIMD , dakar in 2nd year for french cursus in medecine
I found this :
I want to apply to med school in the UK-advice please - Student Doctor Network Forums (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=156624)
Graduates of St Christopher's College of Luton have their degrees awarded by St Christopher's College of Medicine, Dakar, Senegal. This is WHO listed, and as such, we would accept these degrees for the purposes of limited registration.

I hope that my response has been helpful. If you have any other queries, please contact me and I will do my best to help.

Yours sincerely
***** Fitz*****s
Correspondence Department
Registration and Education Directorate

doest that mean that dakar diploma gives a opportunity to pratice in UK ?? (I'm not interested for non UE countries)
thanks for help!

diogenes
08-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Chapelier did you see the date on those posts from sdn? Yes 2004. Since then a lot of bad things have happened to St. Chris. and its students - you would know this if you had the patience to wade through the many posts on this forum.
When you want to know if a degree is licensable in a particular country go to that country's licensing authority - in Britain's case the GMC. There you will find that the GMC does not recognize the Senegal degrees (or the Luton ones)-
GMC | Acceptable primary medical qualification (http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/join_the_register/registration/acceptable_primary_medical_qualification.asp)
look in the section headed
Primary medical qualifications not accepted by the GMC

It might however be worth contacting the GMC to see if the position has changed or is likely to (if you're really desperate to go there). As for other EU countries, the same applies: contact the national licensing authority.

whattupdog6969
08-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Chapelier did you see the date on those posts from sdn? Yes 2004. Since then a lot of bad things have happened to St. Chris. and its students - you would know this if you had the patience to wade through the many posts on this forum.
When you want to know if a degree is licensable in a particular country go to that country's licensing authority - in Britain's case the GMC. There you will find that the GMC does not recognize the Senegal degrees (or the Luton ones)-
GMC | Acceptable primary medical qualification (http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/join_the_register/registration/acceptable_primary_medical_qualification.asp)
look in the section headed
Primary medical qualifications not accepted by the GMC

It might however be worth contacting the GMC to see if the position has changed or is likely to (if you're really desperate to go there). As for other EU countries, the same applies: contact the national licensing authority.

I would steer as far away as possible from this school . I have never met a single graduate, and am hearing problems pertinent to obtaining residency.

indamo
08-24-2007, 06:42 PM
I have never met a single graduate

and your point would be? God I hope you don't say that since you haven't seen any st chris grads, there must not be any cause that'll open the door for your statement to get shot down...

and am hearing problems pertinent to obtaining residency

nothing more than what other foreign grads face...

while opinions can be subjective, usually they're based on some kind of fact... you not meeting a st chris grad or "hearing problems" about obtaining residency doesn't count as factual evidence.. when you cite something like that, show sources and proof.. it'll give your words a bit more credibility.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.