PDA

View Full Version : Vasodilator Q

pharmy
03-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Which vasodilator is most likely to be used safe in patients with heart failure?

a> Verapamil
b> Ditiazem
c> Amlodipine
d> Nifedipine
e> Nicardipine

GFLIP
03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm down to two....... I'm going with E.

banjul10
03-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I'll go with D

GFLIP
03-18-2007, 09:10 AM
I looked it up & if my research is correct, the answer is C (Amliodipine).

CCB are generally CI in HF... but 2nd generation CCB, like Amliodipine, are vascular selective calcium blockers & they have actions are similar to vasodilators.

pharmy
03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I looked it up & if my research is correct, the answer is C (Amliodipine).

CCB are generally CI in HF... but 2nd generation CCB, like Amliodipine, are vascular selective calcium blockers & they have actions are similar to vasodilators.

U're right! It is amlodipine that is used safe in CHF.

GFLIP
03-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Here's another pharm Q:

PT has chest pain & an ECG shows diffuse ST segment elevation w/ a rate = 105. What's the best treatment?

a. Heparin
b. Nitroglycerin
c. Aspirin
d. Thrombolytics
e. Beta blockers

pharmy
03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Here's another pharm Q:

PT has chest pain & an ECG shows diffuse ST segment elevation w/ a rate = 105. What's the best treatment?

a. Heparin
b. Nitroglycerin
c. Aspirin
d. Thrombolytics
e. Beta blockers

I bet the diagnosis is the variant type of angina pectoris because of diffuse ST elevation. If this is correct, I would like to choose a vasodilator b. Nitroglycerin. Under this circumstance, a CCB may be preferred and a BB is contraindicated because of the risk of worsening vasospasm following beta2 blockade. Also because the pathogenesis of this type of angina is vasospasm, it makes no sense to use antiplatelet aspirin, anticoagulant heparin or thrombolytics.

If MI is diagnized, d. Thrombolytics will be the choice.

Anyway, my choice is b. NTG.

MDiva
04-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I pick B as well.

haseib
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
what are the source of these questions?

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.