PDA

View Full Version : may 07

Suban1
02-22-2007, 08:21 PM
hey everyone,

is anyone going md1 on may 07?

arvindself_50
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
i might be going...where r u going dominica or aruba, i am a little skeptical because i didnt even have an interview and got accepcted. But yea i will know for sure next week.

brob311
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
i might be going... but i am still waiting for an answer from AUA.. if i dont get in there i will c u there.. where r u going dominica or aruba, i am a little skeptical because i didnt even have an interview and got accepcted. But yea i will know for sure next week.

Good choice of words...hope you get into AUA.

Good Luck!

Suban1
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm going to dominica b/c the life is less expensive than aruba.

good luck for auc

brob311
02-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Dominica is still expensive, and the quality of life is a lot lower here than Aruba.

Suban1
02-23-2007, 06:57 PM
hi brob3,

brob do u live in dominica and if you do how is the life?

what up doc
02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Suban1,

life in Dominica is boring and slow..... not much to do here but study (so its kinda good... lol)..... vegies and stuff are expensive (not too much tho).... the island is quiet except on Friday - they just opened a new club in town and its somewhat nice... don't compare to US/Canada tho.... other than that some of the students here at ALL Saints, do play sports like soccer and cricket on Fridays after school. its kinda relaxing and fun!! anyways back to the point: there isn't much to do here except study...

btw i realize that this question was to brob3, but i figured you would want the opinion of a ALL Saints student!!!!

Suban1
02-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Thank you so much what up, the life sounds boring but it's good for studing no distr. anyway the food worries me so much no veggies, fruits and fast food you must be starving to death ..lool, i need to eat like a dog before i leave the state lol.

what up doc
02-23-2007, 09:08 PM
T anyway the food worries me so much no veggies, fruits and fast food you must be starving to death ..lool, i need to eat like a dog before i leave the state lol.

Its not that bad.... i mean the school does have a cafe and its not that expensive.... a burger with fries and a juice cost like 15 EC (thats like 15/2.67 USD)... your from the states... nice which one might i ask... i too am from the states... FL to be exact! anyways, IGA does carry all the necessary food supplies and to tell you the truth only the vegies and apples are expensive.... all the other stuff is reasonable. Also i do recommend that you bring your type of shampoo, body wash, soap, etc from the states as some brands are not in the stores here. if you have access to the student forum of all saints university you should look into the Student Council Update section... there is list of things that are good to bring to the island.

brob311
02-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I assume you guys are a lot closer to Roseau than Ross, so there is a slight advantage to access to food items than I have. My wife occasionaly goes down there to stock up on items that are hard to find up here. And the market down there should sell fair prices for fruits and vegetables, that has been my experience in going down there. Stores like Breezies (5 min outside of Roseau), IGA, Astaphans, should provide some of the harder to find foods. Breezies is less crowded, less expensive, and has foods that you cannot find anywhere else on the island. I cannot tell you how excited I get when there is sour cream there.

Anyway, Dominica is what you make of it, and it will keep you from getting too distracted, You will find there is not much time to goof off anyway. When you do have time, there are a lot of cool things to do on the island.

good Luck

what up doc
02-26-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah we are close to the capital, only 15 mins away.... and next semester when the new building in the town is done then we will be right there in town.... not to excited about that tho as the town is noisy and stuff.... either way, i am just happy to see the school grow. Btw, now we also have a SubWay, only ours is in town and yours in your school.... lol.....

Dr_Implacable
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Forget SubWay... Own with Quizno's!

I guess for now, it will do ;)

yasmin.navid
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
hi everybody,
i recently got accepted to all saints and i am very skeptical about the quality and later residency placement of this school.. can anyone please help me out? how is the curriculum? do they teach well? what about residency placement? i have heard that this school's curriculum is the same as ross', is that true? what i have heard though is that this school is not affiliated with too many hospitals and so for residency they place you in useless placements which causes great problems when you want to actually get a job somewhere after your degree.. can anyone help me out with this.. i want to decide to see if i should be coming to this school or not.. i mean, they accepted me with no recommendation letters or interview!! the place just sounded kinda fishy to me.. anyone who can help me, i greatly appreciate it. thank you

DOC.p
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
hi everybody,
i recently got accepted to all saints and i am very skeptical about the quality and later residency placement of this school.. can anyone please help me out? how is the curriculum? do they teach well? what about residency placement? i have heard that this school's curriculum is the same as ross', is that true? what i have heard though is that this school is not affiliated with too many hospitals and so for residency they place you in useless placements which causes great problems when you want to actually get a job somewhere after your degree.. can anyone help me out with this.. i want to decide to see if i should be coming to this school or not.. i mean, they accepted me with no recommendation letters or interview!! the place just sounded kinda fishy to me.. anyone who can help me, i greatly appreciate it. thank you

i suggest you research the process of becoming an IMG before you ask a bunch of questions like this. after you research, you'll be able to answer a lot of these yourself

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.