PDA

View Full Version : Moderation situation of SC forum

Doc
04-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Attention SC forum users:

As happens every few months or so, the SC forum is filled with posts in violation of the terms of service. The Moderator Team, as a whole, has been asked to step up the Moderation in this forum to try to get it back on track. Therefore, I will kindly ask that the users of this forum please go over your recent posts to edit any questionable remarks as they may be reviewed soon. In addition, please chose your words carefully before posting as some lesser violations which the Mods may have let slide in the past, may not be overlooked now.

Here is the recent post to the Moderators about the current Moderation situation of the SC forum:

Attention Moderators:

I'm sorry to say that our last SC Forum Moderator, Whuds, has stepped down. Whuds has endured alot of criticism and harrassment by the usual SC forum crowd as the SC Mod lately, and felt it just wasn't worth it anymore.

The SC forum has been a rollercoaster of problems from the beginning, and has seen at least 4 Forum Moderators (much more than any other forum) since it began. In typical SC fashion, the same group of users harrass the SC Forum Mod until they just can't take it anymore. Thankfully, Whuds learned from previous Mods and stepped down before having a meltdown....so Whuds deserves credit for that.

We would typically have another Forum Moderator set up before removing the old one. However, we had already been contemplating closing that particular forum down because of all of the problems which continue to occur in there. In addition, we do not like to cycle through so many Mods in one forum.

However, we can't close the forum until the current advertising campaign is completed, which I believe is in June. Therefore, I will ask the current Mods and Supermods to pitch in and oversee the forum in the meantime.

Since that forum already has many problems, I'd like to see it more strictly moderated. The main problem is that users in that forum have become accustomed to violating the TOS in there because it was never really enforced. Since none of us really has the time to spend on chasing everyone around that forum, we will just need to hit them hard until they figure out that it won't be tolerated anymore. As always, they're still free to express their opinions about the school (as long as it's within the TOS), but personal remarks are absolutely not permitted. I also understand that some people are upset about the current situation, but that is not an excuse to violate the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php).

Thanks in advance for the help.

p.s. I just realized that I should probably post this in the SC forum as well so that everyone can be aware of the current Moderation situation.

Doc
02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Attention SC forum users:

We've had it with all of the violations of TOS that frequently occur in the SC forum. We had thought about closing the SC forum altogether, but then we realized that everyone shouldn't have to suffer for the constant problems caused by a relatively small group of users. The better solution is to get rid of the trouble makers.

There is a zero tolerance policy while the SC forum is under stricter moderation, so be careful not to violate the TOS while posting. When users violate the TOS in the SC forum, they will be banned from using the SC forum. If that "SC-banned" user then tries to start SC topics in other forums, or tries to cause similar problems in other school forums, they will receive warnings/infractions/bans for doing so.

Just to show that we don't take sides, the first two users to receive SC forum bans are on both sides of the argument (one for and one against SC). They both received warnings today while arguing with each other as usual :catfight:. Their usernames are "Pruritis_ani" and "empathy".

We very strongly advise users of the SC forum to carefully read your messages before posting to ensure that they are written within the TOS. Thanks for your attention.

Azrealist
02-17-2007, 08:48 PM
We had thought about closing the SC forum altogether,

Lets not be too hasty don't dismiss this so easily... This is the best idea yet... solves everyone problems....

SCIMD doesn't have to worry about this forum anymore then...

you don't have to worry about people violating TOS...

win - win...

AUCMD2006
02-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Lets not be too hasty don't dismiss this so easily... This is the best idea yet... solves everyone problems....

win - win...

then the only ones who loose are potential students who want infor about the background before spending 100 grand and the school has free reign on what to say and what to do with any students. it should be tightly moderated and other than the last day or so has been pretty smooth with balanced views and good info on the progress of the school towards becoming more than the joke of the fora

teratos
02-19-2007, 05:40 PM

win - win...

I'm not sure that is a good idea. Then what do people have? Official SC-IMD fora to give them info. I hope that the posts here scared a lot of people away from the original SC, it was a great service to them. I think it is far to early to comment on the new school yet. I think in theory it is a great idea. Implementing that model has proven to be a problem to date. G

Doc
03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone about the strict moderation of the SC forum. A third user, "SOAP", was banned from the SC forum for violating the TOS (and subsequently received a temporary site-wide ban for having 3 total infraction points). Again, please be extra careful when posting in the SC forum since any infraction can result in an immediate ban from the SC forum.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.