PDA

View Full Version : woooooow

Suban1
02-13-2007, 08:03 PM
i got accepted md1 and i'm so excited and confuse b/c all saints is new and i don't know if i can trust. guys give me some feedback please.:) :rolleyes:

brob311
02-14-2007, 06:14 AM
i got accepted md1 and i'm so excited and confuse b/c all saints is new and i don't know if i can trust. guys give me some feedback please.:) :rolleyes:

The school looks sketchier than a crack dealer.

what up doc
02-14-2007, 07:23 AM
The school looks sketchier than a crack dealer.

Dude, why dont you prove your statement!!!

what up doc
02-14-2007, 07:27 AM

thats great news!!! I will also be in MD1 next semester (currently in Premed IV )....... the school maybe new but its worth i think..... Hopefully by next semester they will have the new campus done and let me tell you its a beauty..... i have been in the program in Dominica since the start and i have seen the school progress and grow.... the school is moving at record speed and it within the next year should have a good identity..... if you have any questions about housing or anything like food feel free to contact me.....

Hueller
02-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I had an opportunity to meet fifteen students belong to all saints doing Clinical in Indiana including two of them transfered from US medical schools. So don't believe anyone.

Hueller

what up doc
02-15-2007, 05:13 AM
I had an opportunity to meet fifteen students belong to all saints doing Clinical in Indiana including two of them transfered from US medical schools. So don't believe anyone.

Hueller

what are you trying to say.... I don't understand.....

brob311
02-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Have you looked at their webpage? I know that there is more to a school than just facilties..but it looks like they're running there school out of a old rum distillery. A new school is always a gamble, but if that's what you have to work with, then go for it.

what up doc
02-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Have you looked at their webpage? I know that there is more to a school than just facilties..but it looks like they're running there school out of a old rum distillery. A new school is always a gamble, but if that's what you have to work with, then go for it.

The current building is not the one they using next semester...... The building you saw on the web-page is a temporary building that will no longer be used next semester.... If you contact the school they can sen you a detailed pic of the the new building that is being renovated..... the new building is 20x better.Secondly, I wouldn't call this school a gamble for many reasons:

1) All Saint already have students that have passed the USMLE and are doing rotations... (again ask the main office for more info)

2) The school has only been in operation for a short while but, in my opinion has surpassed some of the other Caribbean Medical Schools.

3) The school just recently (before the semester began) went out of the way and got the ex SABA dean to help with the growth of the school and Acred.

I am not saying that this school is on the same level as ROSS, AUC, SABA, or even SMU... but it is legit and i am sure that they school will have a great reputation like the mentioned above one day... it will take time tho..... as for the present, the new SABA dean is working on the Acred and i believe (dont quote me on this) that within the next year the school will be NYC and some of the other easier states that require extra acred approved. I even agree that the new renovated site will not be like the beautiful campus of AUC or other colleges but it will get the job done in the means of have labs, library, etc. The teachers here are great and well qualified (in my opinion) and they are always willing to help. But again i have another 2 years before i write the USMLE and if your gonna enter into MD1 next semester you have about 1year 6moths and thats a long time for the school to grow. If your thinking about applying then do so and be sure to call the main office in Toronto and talk to the Heads of the school, they are always willing to talk to future and current students.

These are my opinion, plz dont start a flame ware on this.

jameslynton
02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Dude - Brob is in his second term at Ross - I seriously doubt he is interested in your school. New schools are a big gamble. Best wishes for your successful medical school studies.

brob311
02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Dude - Brob is in his second term at Ross - I seriously doubt he is interested in your school. New schools are a big gamble. Best wishes for your successful medical school studies.

Thanks for the shout-out james...Whatever path you need to take to get an MD, do it. There is a risk taken for evey caribb school you attend, it is just a matter of how big of a risk do you want to take.

what up doc
02-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Thank for the info, but he wanted to say something about the school and i wanted to counter him... that is all.....

Hueller
02-15-2007, 07:03 PM
what are you trying to say.... I don't understand.....

I mean don't under estimate ASUM

yasmin.navid
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
hi everybody,
i recently got accepted to all saints and i am very skeptical about the quality and later residency placement of this school.. can anyone please help me out? how is the curriculum? do they teach well? what about residency placement? i have heard that this school's curriculum is the same as ross', is that true? what i have heard though is that this school is not affiliated with too many hospitals and so for residency they place you in useless placements which causes great problems when you want to actually get a job somewhere after your degree.. can anyone help me out with this.. i want to decide to see if i should be coming to this school or not.. i mean, they accepted me with no recommendation letters or interview!! the place just sounded kinda fishy to me.. anyone who can help me, i greatly appreciate it. thank you

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.