PDA

View Full Version : is it feasible to be studying with 3 yr old .

mandyk
01-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone,
I am medical grad preparing for step1 .Hubby is computer engineer aspiring to become medical doctor .He is in US on H1B ,canadian citizen .I am canadian
He wants to persue his dream of medicine .
We have a house here in US ,mortgage and 3 yr old .I also have to study for step 1 .He says that i might be able to study there while he goes to medical school .
Will he be able to come back to US for residency?Which are best family friendly schools in Caribbean where it's easy to find day cares for kid?
Is it possible?

mandyk
01-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Anyone been in similar situation ?

GeorgeMD2B
04-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Personally, I do not think any of them offer a good environment for students with small children. Australian medical schools offer a better living environment, a number of studies have shown that Australia has a higher quality of life than the US and Canada, the tuition and living costs are considerably lower. There is also the added safety of your husband being able to work in Australia if things in the US don't pan out. Australia has a physician shortage.

The cost of living on a Caribbean island can be exhorbitant, schools and day care facilities will be third world, my brother has two daughters and is planning to study medicine, I recommended Australia over the Caribbean because of the excellent living environment. For example, I am renting a 4 bedroom house for the US equivalent of $700US a month with utilities, most rents on the islands will start at least $1000US for an apartment.

cavalletti
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I disagree with georgemd. SGU has a terrific Significant Other group for spouses and their families. Planned events for this week(as per their website) include: beach day, pool day, group visit to local market and a play date for the kids at a facility that has a bouncy house. Here's the link to their website soorgsgu - Significant Others Organization St. George's University - Grenada, West Indi (http://soorgsgu.googlepages.com/)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.