PDA

View Full Version : Question about License in Florida

showbiz
02-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Has anyone taken the online program and got clinical or licensure in Florida?

What is your experience with this school?

I have read some horror stories but don't know if they are true.

What is the online work load like?

lswiltshire
02-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Not as far as I have heard. My understanding is that even those from Florida are doing thier clinicals in Atlanta GA.

Could you kindly please share some of the horror stories you heard with us prospective students?

Gummas
03-02-2004, 10:33 PM
For the moment, NO ONE graduating from IUHS who was a Florida resident while taking his/her "online" basic sciences program through IUHS will be licensed in Florida. There are two reasons:
(1) IUHS is not licensed to deliver its distance-learning program into the State of Florida. Check www.findlaw.com, FL statutes, for Title XXXII, Section 458.314, that requires FL approval to deliver the distance-learning program.
(2) No student from IUHS may even do clinical rotations in FL. See Title XLVIII, Section 1005.31 (11), since IUHS is not licensed in FL.
Unfortunately, there actually are IUHS students living in FL who are taking the IUHS, online courses for their basic sciences. Unless IUHS gets licensed in FL to deliver the program, these students are in for a very rude surprise one day.
Finally, you may check for yourself that IUHS is not on the list of "independent" schools approved in FL. You may wish to check or contact the Florida Commission on Independent Education at www.firn.edu/doe/cie. You will learn that they have their own little file on IUHS doing business in FL.
Do your homework before it's too late--and you have learned a rather expensive lesson.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.