PDA

View Full Version : Med School In Israel - Anyone have any questions

enwyse
01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Alright, So I remember about a year ago when I was searching for Med Schools I was checking ValueMD like crazy and hoping to get as much info about what schools in Israel were like, what the requirements were grade wise and MCAT wise, and what the characteristics of the schools out here were.

I just wanted to offer myself to anyone who has any of these or other questions. I'm a student at the Technion American Student Program in Haifa and My sister is a graduate of the Sackler Program in Tel Aviv so I've got a lot of info to offer about both.

I don't check on here as much anymore, but if you want to e-mail me I'll gladly answer any questions you have.

[email protected]

Best of Luck,
Jhon

Dr BaSiM
01-24-2007, 08:53 PM
ok man

what about residency there for arab medical graduated

is it possible or not

DPR
01-28-2007, 04:28 PM
The Technion medical school prides itself in the diversity of its medical student body, residents and faculty. I am also first year student (in Jhon's class) and can personally attest to the positive and open atmosphere of the Faculty of Medicine regarding ethnic and religious diversity. The professors, attendings, residents and students here come from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds and religious beliefs. I have not spent much time in the hospital yet, but during my interview I was told by our Dean that approximately 40% of the faculty are Arab (both Muslim & Christian). The student body is also very diverse. Among my relatively small group of acquaintences I have friends who are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Baha'i, and Hindu... So, to answer your question directly, it is definately possible for an Arab medical graduate to do a residency at the Technion.

I suspect that the primary hindrances to residency placement at the Technion for an Arab medical graduate would be the same as the limitations that are faced by all foreign medical school graduates regardless of where they want to go for their residency (i.e., accreditation status of your medical school, medical school performance, personal strengths/weaknesses, etc.)

Best of luck!

DR.FATIN
03-16-2007, 09:01 AM
you cant imagine doc how much i'm glad to hear this, i'm from jordan originally from nabuls,palestine. as a female muslim doc what's my status ! i'll be a jordan univ. graduate soon and i'll do the usmle exams, could u enquire about the elective programs options or research opportunities in ur hospital, if you have muslim friends would ask them to join this forum to help us!!!!:shock:

fredbo
04-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I just accepted my seat at BGU and I was wondering if I could get any info on what types of things I should pack and take with me vs. stuff I should buy in isreal. Thanks for any info.

Bentzi
09-24-2012, 10:30 AM
There's also a postbac premed one-year English language program at Bar Ilan (BarIlanPreMed.com) that's open to everyone--Christians, Muslims, Jews.

modern610
10-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi all,
I'm very interested in Ben Gurion University Medical School for International Medicine. I was wondering if I had a chance for acceptance there.
My gpa is 3.6 undergrad at a top liberal arts college where I double majored. And then a 3.75 gpa at an accelerated post-bacc pre-medical program. I'm a non-traditional student having worked for four years running emergency health programs in Asia and Africa. I speak three languages and have some knowledge of Hebrew. I'm particularly interested in BGU due to the global health curriculum.
I'm taking my MCAT in January and hopefully will have a 30 or above.
Thank you!

medimedistudent
04-27-2013, 05:05 PM
anyone have info on the most recent Sackler match results? there is so much fluff out there and I am having a hard time discerning the legit from the rubbish.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.