PDA

View Full Version : question about England

aaron1483
12-23-2006, 10:27 AM
does anyone know what the procedure would be for your spouse be able to practice as an RN in London if they already have their RN here in the states? I'm considering doing all my cores in London and was wondering if it would be possible for your spouse work there as an RN for that year.....thanks a bunch!

aaron1483
12-24-2006, 09:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone know what the procedure would be for your spouse be able to practice as an RN in London if they already have their RN here in the states? I'm considering doing all my cores in London and was wondering if it would be possible for your spouse work there as an RN for that year.....thanks a bunch!

diogenes
12-24-2006, 09:45 AM
I think it should be ok, though she may have to do a 20 day training course and an English language test (regardless of whether or not she is a native speaker!) See NMC Internet (http://www.nmc-uk.org/aArticle.aspx?ArticleID=1653)

for some more details and a contact for enquiries- [email protected]

grace
12-27-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm not sure about the specifics for London, however my husband did some of his cores in Ireland and I applied to work as an RN there. My suggestion is to search for the London board of nursing, or something like that, and be sure to apply as soon as possible. I had a ton of trouble with the Irish nursing board being unable to translate my transcripts, which put a huge delay in my application. We only stayed there for about four months, rather than the originally planned 10 months, so I never ended up working there.

diogenes
12-27-2006, 07:52 AM
In case you haven't seen it already, here's my reply to your other post on the subject -http://www.valuemd.com/main-foreign-medical-schools-forum/126497-question-about-england.html#post540871 (http://www.valuemd.com/../main-foreign-medical-schools-forum/126497-question-about-england.html#post540871)

stephew
12-27-2006, 01:22 PM
please dont double post on a topic. closing. please continue at the hyper-linked thread above.

grace
01-01-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure about the specifics for London, however my husband did some of his cores in Ireland and I applied to work as an RN there. My suggestion is to search for the London board of nursing, or something like that, and be sure to apply as soon as possible. I had a ton of trouble with the Irish nursing board being unable to translate my transcripts, which put a huge delay in my application. We only stayed there for about four months, rather than the originally planned 10 months, so I never ended up working there.

GeorgeMD2B
03-12-2008, 06:52 PM
The United Kingdom is an overpriced, overrated, SHITHOLE.

Back_To_School
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
The United Kingdom is an overpriced, overrated, pooh poohHOLE.

They do however train the best doctors:rolleyes:

Chemist_11
03-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes George, thats correct :rolleyes:

GeorgeMD2B
04-14-2008, 11:18 AM
"England" does not exist, the country is known as the United Kingdom. Large number of working class Brits seem to be leaving the country, migrating to Canada, Australia, NZ, and the Continent(the Poms have practically taken over Costa Del Sol).

Chemist_11
04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
England isn't a country? The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK, or Britain, is located off the northwestern coast of mainland Europe consisting of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales - the four constituent countries.

This is against the TOS, but George you are an absolute idiot.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.