PDA

View Full Version : Looks Shady

DOC HOLLYWOOD_05
12-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I was recently talking to a friend of mine in Winnipeg, Canada. This schools office is in a strip mall between a comedy club and a hair salon, he said that "the operation looked very shady" Be Aware of IUHS!

what up doc
12-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Errr. thanks for the info. but do u have any credible source that can second your claims. If so then plz reveal and if not then quit bashing small schools!!! Had enough of you ppl always trying to put the little man down.

ak7083
12-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Errr. thanks for the info. but do u have any credible source that can second your claims. If so then plz reveal and if not then quit bashing small schools!!! Had enough of you ppl always trying to put the little man down.
I second that. Provide more evidence w/ pics etc.
Random bashing isnt nice.

stephew
12-06-2006, 06:43 PM
do not base a decision on "my friend thinks the facade looks shady."

DocKao
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
That's only one of the departments. The school is not located in Canada. The location listed in WHO is in St. Kitts. I assume it's a small school, but aren't all the Med schools in the caribbean? I think regardless of the school all caribbean schools are looked upon the same by U.S.

pruritis_ani
12-06-2006, 09:21 PM

Agreed. Rather base it on the fact that IUHS has no documented, verifiable grads practicing in the US, the fact that it is primarily and internet based school, and the fact that a degree from there is largely worthless...

I think the best part of the operation is that when the guys in the office cash the tuition check, they just head next door to the strip bar! I can't imagine holding that against them...

DC2BMD
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Agreed. Rather base it on the fact that IUHS has no documented, verifiable grads practicing in the US, the fact that it is primarily and internet based school, and the fact that a degree from there is largely worthless...

I think the best part of the operation is that when the guys in the office cash the tuition check, they just head next door to the strip bar! I can't imagine holding that against them...

:crackingup: :crackingup: :crackingup: lol

Bob V
12-14-2006, 02:13 PM
IUHS is a "medical school scam" online school scams are turning up around the world, some of these so called school scams are operated by organized crime units, I just want to warn everyone before taking any kind of action think what you are getting yourself into and who you are dealing with.

sukhtinder
12-14-2006, 06:19 PM
i love strippers. god bless them.

Gigi25
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM

I agree 100%!! I have never visited Saba's office, but if you "listen" to the rumors it is said that it is a dump. It's a tiny office in a large building with dry erase boards used as a calender for who is in what clinical rotation.. So it's still small enough to have something like that, but I would not say Saba is a bad school of course. I am a 3rd year and am very happy witth the way Saba has set up my rotations. Point being, I think the office has nothing to do with how the school is set up and I agree with you 100%

ayanni
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi, i dont wanna seem retarded but whos Saba?

Carmen
01-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but the administrative office is located in a strip mall, not near a strip club!! Doc Hollywood's friend is correct, this is where the office is located. The school is located in an old house on the island of St. Kitts. It consists of 3 or 4 administrative staff and a couple of professors. There is no lab or even a microscope for that matter and the library consists of about 25 textbooks. There is usually fewer than 5 students attending the island for classes. The vast majority of students are on-line or part of the UEIMS contingent.

The reason the administrative office is in Canada is because the U.S. will not allow IUHS to have an office in their country. Kind of makes you stop and think....

maximillian genossa
01-27-2007, 04:29 PM
When you say that..."the U.S. will not allow IUHS to have an office in their country." One thing is to have your reasons to dislike IUHS, or your grudge or whatever the case might be, another thing is posting misleading and innacurate information. When you state that "the U.S. will not allow IUHS to have an office in their country." you are saying that out of 50 states in the Union none will let them have an office. Just tell me where in US law it states that and I will apologize to you and leave you alone.

All it takes is to get a business permit to run an information office. COHMS, St. Chris, UHSA, etc. Even the defunct St.Lukes from Liberia all all run information offices in the US. The reason IUHS decided to run it from Canada perhaps might be to avoid having any interest in US soil in case they get sued for whatever reasons, etc. But please! Don't you say it is because the US wil not allow it. Totally incorrect. Probably some states won't, but I am sure not all.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but the administrative office is located in a strip mall, not near a strip club!! Doc Hollywood's friend is correct, this is where the office is located. The school is located in an old house on the island of St. Kitts. It consists of 3 or 4 administrative staff and a couple of professors. There is no lab or even a microscope for that matter and the library consists of about 25 textbooks. There is usually fewer than 5 students attending the island for classes. The vast majority of students are on-line or part of the UEIMS contingent.

The reason the administrative office is in Canada is because the U.S. will not allow IUHS to have an office in their country. Kind of makes you stop and think....

Carmen
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
IUHS business has been banned by the U.S. states due to previous problems in Florida. This ban was not just in Florida, it includes the U.S. since the ban was national. I have looked into this with a previous student who is involved in a law suit. This is not to say that students are banned, but IUHS (under this name) cannot practice until the law suit is over. Since this was not the first problem with this business, it became a problem for more states than Florida.

This information was given to me by a lawyer involved in this suit.

For any of you that may still be interested, Dateline was not allowed to visit St. Kitts, hence their story will not include IUHS.

I state once again, that IUHS students are not banned, but IUHS has been banned from starting up any business under this name.

DOC.p
01-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I've heard that this school is bad news

sheikh1
01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
i love strippers. god bless them.
I second that!!!!!;) ;) ;)

maximillian genossa
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Is there a Federal Trade Commission ruling on it? Provde the number if so. Honestly, I do not believe you or the lawyer, I have been following this closely, not only you. Only the Fedral Trade Commission or the US Attorney General or the US Department of State can issue such an order Nationwide or a Federal Court (and it depends). Show me such an order, I will apologize in this same forum and leave it alone. Deal?

You better than anyone else know I am not pro-IUHS, but I am not in favor of posting unfounded rumors either, etc.

IUHS business has been banned by the U.S. states due to previous problems in Florida. This ban was not just in Florida, it includes the U.S. since the ban was national. I have looked into this with a previous student who is involved in a law suit. This is not to say that students are banned, but IUHS (under this name) cannot practice until the law suit is over. Since this was not the first problem with this business, it became a problem for more states than Florida.

This information was given to me by a lawyer involved in this suit.

For any of you that may still be interested, Dateline was not allowed to visit St. Kitts, hence their story will not include IUHS.

I state once again, that IUHS students are not banned, but IUHS has been banned from starting up any business under this name.

brob311
03-03-2007, 12:49 PM
but aren't all the Med schools in the caribbean? I think regardless of the school all caribbean schools are looked upon the same by U.S.

Ummmm....no :roll:

Liass
03-09-2007, 01:01 AM
does anyone know where and when is the next conference is taking place??
i just wana go and listen to what bull*** they talk there
:rolleyes:
does anyone know? plzz

Doc2B2007
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I am currently a student with IUHS and can tell you that there is no scam going on here! We work very hard to earn our education and study just as hard as any other medical student in the US. We do have verifiable graduates in the us we are also a very new school in terms of years but very advanced in terms of education delivery. I have shown the educational process to many of my fellow students in the clinicle setting who asked for access to materials that they found to be superior to what they had recieved in their own us based school!

DOC.p
03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I have shown the educational precess to many of my fellow students in the clinicle setting who asked for access to materials that they found to be superior to what they had recieved in their own us based school!

April Fools!

maximillian genossa
03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
April Fools!

You should try to repost that in April, still March dude.

However, people believe what they want to believe and work with whatever works for them, after all it's their money and time, and only time will tell.

Cheers to all

Max

Doc2B2007
03-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Humor! It helps us to put on blinders to the changing world around us.

DOC.p
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
You should try to repost that in April, still March dude.

i know, but i didn't feel like waiting

maximillian genossa
03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
i know, but i didn't feel like waiting

Cheers dude!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.