PDA

View Full Version : Is the Bonair school under the same management?

nucleus
11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Who owns the Bonaire campus?Are they the same people as the Aruba and Panama City campuses?

Dr.Azimi
11-23-2006, 08:09 PM
no they are not

nucleus
11-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks Doctor,
Sir are you a professor there?Which school is better and who owns the Bonair school?
Thanks

Dr.Azimi
11-23-2006, 09:44 PM
1. Aruba has W.H.O
2. Bonair and Panama (Not yet have W.H.O)
thta the only major difference

ams
11-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Same School....but dif campus run by dif adminstration. Therefore making them sister campuses. Therefore a student can take classes at any campus. However if you are student of Bonaire and take classes at Aruba, your degree will say Bonaire, vice versa.

Yes right now Aruba has WHO, naturally Bonaire will have one soon.

I have dealt with the admin of Bonaire, and I am impressed at how freindly and how helpfull they are. Infact they went out of thier way to help me in everything I needed step by step. A student freindly admin is a great thing to have. Its one of the many aspects of having great school. I won't comment about Aruba's admin, because honestly I did not deal with them, but I am sure they are just the same.

ismesant
11-24-2006, 04:15 PM
does someone know if the campus has who get. because iam thinking about transfer their from another medical school.
thank you

tigger1
11-27-2006, 11:09 AM
does anyone know anything about the pharmacy program here. cant get in touch with anyone with admissions

MYMD
12-09-2006, 06:28 AM
1. Aruba has W.H.O
2. Bonair and Panama (Not yet have W.H.O)
thta the only major difference
Thats not true, Aruba Xavier Admin posted here that the schools are separate as far as Admin, plus I have a friend who knows the Owners of Bonaire, they are from Chicago, Bonaire is about to be taken over by Holland and th word we get is they will not give a charter to the new school. We will see.

Reference : http://www.valuemd.com/485633-post12.html , http://www.valuemd.com/485215-post10.html, This seems to back up what I know.

Dr. Azimi you do not even go to the school do you? Are you a student there? or something else?

jameslynton
12-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Thats not true, Aruba Xavier Admin posted here that the schools are separate as far as Admin, plus I have a friend who knows the Owners of Bonaire, they are from Chicago, Bonaire is about to be taken over by Holland and th word we get is they will not give a charter to the new school. We will see.Why is Holland grabbing Boanire back???

MYMD
12-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Why is Holland grabbing Boanire back???

Bonaire will be a Territory of Holland like PR is to the US, Bonaire had a choice Curacao or Holland, they choose the better.

jameslynton
12-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Bonaire will be a Territory of Holland like PR is to the US, Bonaire had a choice Curacao or Holland, they choose the better.Agree - Holland is the better choice... does this mean Bonaire will become like Amsterdam??? Get real liberal???

MYMD
12-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Agree - Holland is the better choice... does this mean Bonaire will become like Amsterdam??? Get real liberal??? HAHA Like Pot on the street? We already have that here now, No officially it will still be illegal what few police there are, you have been here you know that this is like the "Wild West" here.

Consideringstmupharm
12-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Who is Holland?

Why is he gonna run the school?

Is Xavier Bonaire a legit school for the US?

MYMD
12-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Who is Holland?

Why is he gonna run the school?

Is Xavier Bonaire a legit school for the US? LOL you made my day!

Holland as in the Country, they have Run the Netherland Antilles for years now they are pulling out of some Islands and taking more control of others like Bonaire and SABA.

menorrhagia
12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
LOL you made my day!

Holland as in the Country, they have Run the Netherland Antilles for years now they are pulling out of some Islands and taking more control of others like Bonaire and SABA.

Specifically, the Dutch Caribbean, also known as the Netherlands Antilles, is to be no more. What will be left in its place will be Curacao and St Maarten becoming like Aruba. That is, automomist in its affairs with the Netherlands, except for National Defence and Higher Court Legal Matters. Queen Betrix will still be the head of state. Additionally, because the population of Saba, St. Eustatius and Bonaire are small, these islands will become municipalities of the Netherlands directly. That is, those islands will vote directly in the affairs of the Netherlands. This change over is scheduled to take place July 2007.

Further, it has been speculated that Saba, St. Eustatius, and Bonaire (St James, Xavier) will have to obtain new medical school charters from the Netherlands directly. But, not until these medical schools meet the Netherlands medical standard. ie, Dutch language programs, etc.

MYMD
12-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Specifically, the Dutch Caribbean, also known as the Netherlands Antilles, is to be no more. What will be left in its place will be Curacao and St Maarten becoming like Aruba. That is, automomist in its affairs with the Netherlands, except for National Defence and Higher Court Legal Matters. Queen Betrix will still be the head of state. Additionally, because the population of Saba, St. Eustatius and Bonaire are small, these islands will become municipalities of the Netherlands directly. That is, those islands will vote directly in the affairs of the Netherlands. This change over is scheduled to take place July 2007.

Further, it has been speculated that Saba, St. Eustatius, and Bonaire (St James, Xavier) will have obtain new medical school charters from the Netherlands directly. But, not until these medical schools meet the Netherlands medical standard. ie, Dutch language programs, etc.

Here we go again:rolleyes: Holland has already sent a letter the SJSM welcoming them so I think that is a good indication of what is happing. What good would it do the economy of these tiny Islands who have already enjoyed increased employment from these schools anyway? The schools already exsit with charters and the Islands are not "Holland" but territories under Holland with local governments so the schools may still hold the same charters or Holland will just issue new ones. No advantages at all to close them down. Especially SABA.

Speculate away.

menorrhagia
12-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Here we go again:rolleyes: Holland has already sent a letter the SJSM (WHEN? RECENTLY?) welcoming (AS IN WELCOME TO FANTASY ISLAND?) them so I think that is a good indication (HEARD THAT ONE TOO MANY MANY TIMES... BUT, UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS IT...)of what is happing. What good would it do the economy of these tiny Islands who have already enjoyed increased employment from these schools anyway? (ISLAND ECONOMY??? LOL)The schools already exsit with charters and the Islands are not "Holland" but territories under Holland (NOT AS OF JULY 2007) with local governments so the schools may (LITTLE WISHY WASHY HERE) still hold the same charters or Holland will just (MAYBE, MAYBE NOT? WISHFUL THINKING PERHAPS.) issue new ones. No advantages at all to close them down. (NEVER AN ADVANTAGE, BUT THAT IS NEVER THE POINT) Especially SABA (ALWAYS AN EXCEPTION, BUT I DON'T THINK THE LIKES OF SJSM IS IN THE SAME REALM)

Speculate away (INDEED).

Not that anyone else on Valuemd speculates.... right?

ams
12-15-2006, 02:59 PM
I personally know the owners of the Bonaire campus, and they are from Ohio. They set up up the clinicals in chicago and ohio, for Xavier. A few years ago there was alot of problems with Xavier, and them getting dropped by atlanta, and so forth. Thus it was bought out. And the administration is doing a great job so far. Furthermore, when Holland does take over, I have confirmed that new charters will be recieved. Think about it if the Aruba sister campus already has a charter, It wont be a problem for Bonaire to get one either.

And for those of you concerned about the WHO, that is also well on its way for bonaire. However since the Holland take over is happening...its gonna have to wait a lil bit... makes sense to me.

And as far as clinicals are conerned...Ohio is the place to be, because the Bonaire Admin is personally whatching over the clincal site, and therefore ensuring the best possible clinical exp. for us.

MYMD
12-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey what ever, SABA and SJSM will be accredited by the same people the ACCM recognized by the USA DOE. I wish you all well at Xavier, just tell the truth about the school please the post above was honest, but one thing to remember theres a difference in promising and having, SJSM has the charter and the WHO and everything else including several clinical sites ( at good hospitals Like Chicago, ATLANTA, WV, and in PR to name a few) and residents from the school.

Good luck to all.

menorrhagia
12-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey what ever, SABA and SJSM will be accredited by the same people the ACCM recognized by the USA DOE. I wish you all well at Xavier, just tell the truth about the school please the post above was honest, but one thing to remember theres a difference in promising and having, SJSM has the charter and the WHO and everything else including several clinical sites ( at good hospitals Like Chicago, ATLANTA, WV, and in PR to name a few) and residents from the school.

Good luck to all.

LOL... Come on! Seriously now... me thinks you think that your school is a "legend in your own mind" because SABA and SJSM are not even close to being in the same league, let alone being used in the same sentence to prove your point.

But, I do like the point about SJSM "having everything else". Since that is a very tall order to have... Which I don't think SABA suggests, nor any of the best of the best, but hey... if it makes you feel good.

Here's a thought... Might be time to keep the pats on the back in the SJSM forum because last time I checked this is the Xavier forum. What I find strange is that no one in the Xavier forum is bad mouthing SJSM, but yet you find it necessary to spew a defence here. Talk about speaking the truth! Too freaking funny.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. It was quite useful. :thumbsup:

MYMD
12-15-2006, 08:03 PM
LOL... Come on! Seriously now... me thinks you think that your school is a "legend in your own mind" because SABA and SJSM are not even close to being in the same league, let alone being used in the same sentence to prove your point.

But, I do like the point about SJSM "having everything else". Since that is a very tall order to have... Which I don't think SABA suggests, nor any of the best of the best, but hey... if it makes you feel good.

Here's a thought... Might be time to keep the pats on the back in the SJSM forum because last time I checked this is the Xavier forum. What I find strange is that no one in the Xavier forum is bad mouthing SJSM, but yet you find it necessary to spew a defence here. Talk about speaking the truth! Too freaking funny.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. It was quite useful. :thumbsup:

Doesn't Matter its my opinion that the truth is important,

Doesn't matter if I do not go to this school, you brought up SJSM and I answered the post. What you think doesn't change the fact a legit organization like the ACCM accredits medschools and if both schools are accredited then both meets the standards. They are the professionals we are not.:thumbsup:

Still it's all good, why do you care so much anyway? I sense a little hostility and defense in your posts? This is not a "For Xavier only forum" It is a forum to discuss the school openly, worried?

Happy Holidays to all!

menorrhagia
12-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Doesn't Matter its my opinion that the truth is important,

Doesn't matter if I do not go to this school, you brought up SJSM and I answered the post. What you think doesn't change the fact a legit organization like the ACCM accredits medschools and if both schools are accredited then both meets the standards. They are the professionals we are not.:thumbsup:

Still it's all good, why do you care so much anyway? I sense a little hostility and defense in your posts? This is not a "For Xavier only forum" It is a forum to discuss the school openly, worried?

Happy Holidays to all!

Seriously, you really need to re-read these posts before spewing, because it is you that is hostile... How does me mentioning St James and Xavier in reference to changes to Bonaire's status with the Netherlands translates into an attack against SJSM. After all, I made reference to both St. James and Xavier in the same context. So, how you get it to be that I am worried is beyond belief. Go ahead and discuss openly, but no need to bash in favour of SJSM. Your tone is quite evident and your MO seems to be very clear. A word of advice: Open forum issues are not meant to be about spewing about ones own medical school in anothers forum. Go to the relaxing lounge if that what turns you on.

(Why is it necessary for non-worried people to go forum hopping in an effort to spew about "their" school in a forum that is not about that particular school? [Rhetorical], because as a non-worried person you would of course not need to stoop down this the worried persons level. Right?)

Enjoy.

MYMD
12-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by MYMD http://www.valuemd.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.valuemd.com/xavier-medical-school-bonaire/124901-bonair-school-under-same-management-2.html#post537937)
Here we go again:rolleyes: Holland has already sent a letter the SJSM (WHEN? RECENTLY?) welcoming (AS IN WELCOME TO FANTASY ISLAND?) them so I think that is a good indication (HEARD THAT ONE TOO MANY MANY TIMES... BUT, UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS IT...)of what is happing. What good would it do the economy of these tiny Islands who have already enjoyed increased employment from these schools anyway? (ISLAND ECONOMY??? LOL)The schools already exsit with charters and the Islands are not "Holland" but territories under Holland (NOT AS OF JULY 2007) with local governments so the schools may (LITTLE WISHY WASHY HERE) still hold the same charters or Holland will just (MAYBE, MAYBE NOT? WISHFUL THINKING PERHAPS.) issue new ones. No advantages at all to close them down. (NEVER AN ADVANTAGE, BUT THAT IS NEVER THE POINT) Especially SABA (ALWAYS AN EXCEPTION, BUT I DON'T THINK THE LIKES OF SJSM IS IN THE SAME REALM)

Speculate away (INDEED).

You started with this post "Fantasy Island" "Fat Lady sings" "wishful thinking"
comments made by you not me I have never posted anything of the Such about Xavier on this thread just the facts. Students who go to a school may "Cheerlead" for the school so sometimes outsiders have a better perspective on the school. It's easy why some of us like to see the truth told since a prospective student who will spend 150 to 250,000 USD on school. Truth is not a bashing if it is not true then post the proof if it is then do not try and argue its not. Whats true is true.

1. Today Xavier Bonaire does not have it's own charter
2. It is not listed in WHO
3. only a handful of students attend
4. Since new no grads
5. One clinical site ( if there are more than post them)

I have not brought up the school I attend in this rebuttal this is about Xavier not my school.
Yes I stand by my observation. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.:lolup:

menorrhagia
12-16-2006, 10:45 AM
You are so Funny! You started with this post "Fantasy Island" "Fat Lady sings" "wishful thinking"
Snide comments made by you not me I have never posted anything of the Such about Xavier on this thread just the facts. Students who go to a school may "Cheerlead" for the school so sometimes outsiders have a better perspective on the school. It's easy why some of us like to see the truth told since a prospective student who will spend 150 to 250,000 USD on school. Truth is not a bashing if it is not true then post the proof if it is then do not try and argue its not. Whats true is true.

1. Today Xavier Bonaire does not have it's own charter
2. It is not listed in WHO
3. only a handful of students attend
4. Since new no grads
5. One clinical site ( if there are more than post them)

I have not brought up the school I attend in this rebuttal this is about Xavier not my school.
Yes I stand by my observation. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.:lolup:

Obviously you don't get most of the points made in the fora. Maybe it is just the way your brain is hardwired, but at any rate, you really need to get a handle on this inferiority complex. But let me try to clarify for you, as much as I know it will be futile....

First, my orginal comment was about the changes to the Dutch Caribbean Status. Then somehow you related that into an attack against St James; even though it was about ALL medical schools in the region. Further, you go off on how "this and that" SSJM is at the expense of Xavier; which was pretty immature of you ie. "bashing". Then, to make matters worst you inflame a response by commenting on how bad it was to speculate (I never said it was my speculation by the way). But, I did decide to comment on that point. But again, it was never about SJSM (this might be where your complex resides), rather it was about how you where posting about how " I was speculating " yet you did the exact same thing. Let me clarify for you... "my snide comments" was my rebuttal to yours first. And it was not about SJSM, it was about how... and this is the funny part... how you can spew more about your righteousness (ie. glass house thing) when you were rebutting my speculation with your own speculation. To me that is just too darn unbelievable. But hey, I guess it is whatever gets you through your day.

FYI "Sherlock", I am neither for or against any school; including "yours". The facts are what they are.. and if that means one school fails and another succeeds then so be it. But, using a flame negative response, then say "okay prove me wrong" is nothing short of a flame war and bashing. I think it is time to jump off your protectionist attitude with me, okay. You want to speak the truth, then try whole truths, and then thats when it will not be considered bashing. You see, it is impossible to see how stating a comment about pending changes to the Dutch Caribbean results in you spewing about how "this and that" SJSM is and how "this and that Xavier isn't". Getting it yet?

Just incase your not... Let me try it on your level: Time to :chillpill: because I am really done doing this circle jerk :stirpot: of your :flamewar: against Xavier.

Got it, buddeeeee? (probably not)

MYMD
12-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Happy Holidays.

MYMD
12-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Obviously you don't get most of the points made in the fora. Maybe it is just the way your brain is hardwired, but at any rate, you really need to get a handle on this inferiority complex. But let me try to clarify for you, as much as I know it will be futile....

I get your posts and so do others, I make truthful posts and I kept my opinion about the school to my self, it's not bashing, I do not agree with your beliefs nor have you yet been able to provide that this school has WHO listing and a CHarter, I know it has no anatomy lab. So there are many basic things lacking. It's fair to tell the truth don't you think? Truth is not bashing.

stephew
12-16-2006, 12:52 PM
what is that sound? ah, its the sound of laughter of thousands upon thousands of US medical students over these pissing matches between IMGs trying to outsnark each other. ok so if you insist on matching each other snide sideswipe by sideswipe, post by post, any flames will be giving infractions with no coutesy pm to edit.

menorrhagia
12-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I get your posts and so do others, I make truthful posts and I kept my opinion about the school to my self, it's not bashing, I do not agree with your beliefs nor have you yet been able to provide that this school has WHO listing and a CHarter, I know it has no anatomy lab. So there are many basic things lacking. It's fair to tell the truth don't you think? Truth is not bashing.

Look, my esteemed colleague from the IMG world order, you must be in serious denial because it is quite obvious that you don't keep your opinions to yourself. Further, how does any of this ** that you been spewing end up in me having to provide proof on something you garnered up out of thin air from a post that was about changes to the Dutch Caribbean and nothing about (except in your mind)of what Xavier doesn't have to what St. James does have? Don't bother... I am no longer interested in what you have to say. Just the same though, you could do me the favor and just grow up.

But, for those who might find it useful (notwithstanding MYMD):

Xavier University School of Medicine, education medical, school of medicine, abbreviation medical, medical research, science of medicine, medical school program,*career medical, study medicine abroad, medical schools (http://www.xusombonaire.net/accreditations.html)

Xavier University "XUSOM" School of Medicine (http://edu.xusom.nl/accreditations.htm)

Xavier University School of Medicine (http://www.lusom.org/Accreditations.htm)

SJSM Accreditation (http://www.sjsm.org/accreditation.php)

menorrhagia
12-16-2006, 08:24 PM
what is that sound? ah, its the sound of laughter of thousands upon thousands of US medical students over these pissing matches between IMGs trying to outsnark each other. ok so if you insist on matching each other snide sideswipe by sideswipe, post by post, any flames will be giving infractions with no coutesy pm to edit.

Don't worry, I have decide to quit this revolving door of fun. So, I am guessing that the laughter of thousands upon thousands of US medical students will just switch to a different channel on the valuemd website.

Cheap entertainment is just that.... easy.

menorrhagia
12-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Thats not true, Aruba Xavier Admin posted here that the schools are separate as far as Admin, plus I have a friend who knows the Owners of Bonaire, they are from Chicago, Bonaire is about to be taken over by Holland and th word we get is they will not give a charter to the new school. We will see.

More on glass houses and speculations that apparently some who think they don't ever do it ....

"the word we get is they..." kinda like a speculation, don't ca think?

SOory Stephew, I lied... but I promise that will be it... :crackingup:

MEDboy82
04-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Xavier Bonaire has accreditation (WHO) because of our sister campus, Aruba. The following information was provided by an Xavier Administrator.

The latest with WHO and XUSOM Bonaire is the following- nothing
has changed. XUSOM Aruba is listed by WHO, and XUSOM Panama and XUSOM
Bonaire are included in the listing because of our sister campus
relationship.

We are in the process of obtaining our own listing. This process is a
long and complex one, to say the least. Until our own listing manifests,
we will continue using XUSOM Aruba's listing- which of course we are
legally authorized to do.

WHO listing is important because some states may require it in order for
graduates to get licensed.

Regardless, graduates of XUSOM are safe.
If you want any information about Xavier Bonaire, and would want a student's opinion, please email our Student Government [email protected]

DOC.p
04-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Xavier Bonaire has accreditation (WHO) because of our sister campus, Aruba. The following information was provided by an Xavier Administrator.
If you want any information about Xavier Bonaire, and would want a student's opinion, please email our Student Government [email protected]
i deff wouldn't take any chances...if it is legal to use Xavier Aruba, then why would they even try to obtain WHO listing for the other campuses...doesn't make sense

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.