PDA

View Full Version : who has transcripts

orangecrush
09-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Has anyone been able to get their transcripts from the Senegal office yet. I keep getting the same info from the NY office to call or email Senegal. It would be helpful to see if anyone has gotten their transcripts from there.

Bhoot
10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I got my transcript and was able to transfer out for May term at another school.

Noodle_09
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
I called Ms C at NY and she told me I will get them this month. Lets see if she is telling the truth. Especially when she said that she had my name on the list and in fact she did not!!!! UGH!!!

manjit
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
My son and two of his friends have got the transcripts and successfuly tranfereed to other Medical school.

TAFKA
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Document requests for the purpose of transferring will understandably be prioritized below all document requests for students in the Match... I'd contact the school again in December or January after the busy season...

And I'd try somewhere other than valuemd for information...

empathy
10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
But they've been trying for about a year now to get their transcripts. How long does it normally take to get a transcript from a foreign med school?

Document requests for the purpose of transferring will understandably be prioritized below all document requests for students in the Match... I'd contact the school again in December or January after the busy season...

And I'd try somewhere other than valuemd for information...

TAFKA
10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
How long does it normally take to get a transcript from a foreign med school?Keep in mind that this school is presently dealing with many things in addition to the daily operation of a medical school due to the massive restructuring that has taken place... it is unfortunate for those who transferred and are now dealing with time constraints, but current students/graduates are being given first priority on document requests. For instance, the lengthy task of authoring Deans' Letters/MSPEs for ALL current students/graduates in the Match was prioritized above the much less time intensive task of providing/authenticating transcripts for ANY transfer students. And similarly, ensuring the provision of ECFMG certificates for all of last year's residents was also a higher priority than the transfer students... and I expect that recruiting, evaluating applications, and interviewing candidates for the January semester will also be a higher priority... I think February is probably a realistic prediction for transcripts, letters of good standing, letters of recommendation, and other documents for transfer students...

pruritis_ani
10-28-2006, 01:38 PM
so you are saying that you think it is somehow acceptable for the school to delay transcripts another 6 months, in order to allow the school to trick another batch of incoming students into attending?

did the school forget that these transfer students shelled out hard earned money to attend a school that failed to live up to even minimal expectations? does the school think that the money these students spent was somehow worth less? does the school truly believe that it is right to somehow bump current students to the front of the line? every one of these individuals paid tuition and fees for services. it seems absolutely amazing to me that you think it is somehow right for the school to give priority to current students, when the transfer students are suffering under similar time constraints.

and to further add insult to injury...you are saying that tricking a whole new batch of poor fools to this school is somehow more important than living up to the school's obligations to provide documentation to previous students that already paid the school? give me a break.

what a great school! if you leave, sorry, no transcripts for a year...so, better stay at this dump....even though i am aware that a sucker is born every minute, i still find it hard to believe that anybody would risk their hard earned money on this dive.

clearly the school's policy of not giving a rat's behind about anybody that is not currently writing a check to the school is still in effect. i know all off shore schools operate for profit, but at least most provide some semblance of service for the fee's they recieve.

empathy
10-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Do they have all the transcripts? Maybe that's the hold up. The owner of the school may not have released all of the transcripts to the charter holder. He might still be claiming to own them. (Although, such a claim is insane -- how can you own something someone else worked for and paid you for and that is only good if the charter holder says it is.) Senegal only recently really became actively involved with the school. That was the GMC's real beef with St. Chris I think. Senegal gave the owner free reign in England. There was little or no oversight. That appears to have changed now so maybe the new St. Chris has a chance. Whatever the case, it looks like the transcript issue is being resolved. A couple of students who were upset have reported back saying they rec'd them.

Keep in mind that this school is presently dealing with many things in addition to the daily operation of a medical school due to the massive restructuring that has taken place... it is unfortunate for those who transferred and are now dealing with time constraints, but current students/graduates are being given first priority on document requests. For instance, the lengthy task of authoring Deans' Letters/MSPEs for ALL current students/graduates in the Match was prioritized above the much less time intensive task of providing/authenticating transcripts for ANY transfer students. And similarly, ensuring the provision of ECFMG certificates for all of last year's residents was also a higher priority than the transfer students... and I expect that recruiting, evaluating applications, and interviewing candidates for the January semester will also be a higher priority... I think February is probably a realistic prediction for transcripts, letters of good standing, letters of recommendation, and other documents for transfer students...

TAFKA
10-30-2006, 10:16 AM
so you are saying that you think it is somehow acceptable for the school to delay transcripts another 6 months, in order to allow the school to trick another batch of incoming students into attending?no, this is not what i am saying... perhaps if you read more slowly, your comprehension will improve...

first, whether i find something acceptable or not is immaterial.

second, what i wrote is that it appears to me (a non-involved party) that the school is showing loyalty to current students by ensuring that their documents are supplied first. the school had to opt for a method to address document requests since there were many... why is first-come-first-served any better than prioritizing current students ahead of transfer students? there are pros and cons to both systems...

dr trouble
11-02-2006, 11:32 AM
hey guys

well i got my transcripts and transferred out just in the nick of time:cool:

I Want to take this opportunity to say that im in Warsaw, its a government University(no chance of them screwing you over) and im actually enjoying it

The hours are intense and the subject variety alot more interesting.

for those who rely on CURVES to pass - this is not the place for you.

any1 genuinely interested. send me a message and ask any questions that you might have

Also... to ex st christopher students. Wish you all the best
kind regards:)

Noodle_09
11-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I am still waiting for transcripts. they keep on telling me that they have to get them from Senegal now. Before it was NY. Whats going on? Can someone tell me if they got their transcripts recently? It seems like they are favoring Ross students also!! Thats not fair!!!

dr trouble
11-24-2006, 04:50 AM
mmm well i got my transcript early last year. over 6months ago now. so i dnt knw whats going on

as for them favouring ross students.. mm i dnt think so. my best friend is at ross and shes having no luck. and ross administration is threatening to kick her out by end of december.. shes well stressed as u cam imagine.

mmmm which ever school u are at. u need to ask them to nail them... hit them with a legal warning... or sum sort of legal clause so if they dnt give u ur transcript then st chris will be sued.....

usually works.
good luck
regards
ps -where r u now? are u studying or waiting

I am still waiting for transcripts. they keep on telling me that they have to get them from Senegal now. Before it was NY. Whats going on? Can someone tell me if they got their transcripts recently? It seems like they are favoring Ross students also!! Thats not fair!!!

empathy
11-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm assuming the BBC's headline goes for transcripts as well. You guys are struggling to get these transcripts and I can't help, after reading the BBC report, wondering why?

BBC NEWS | UK | Some medical degrees 'worthless' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4410020.stm)

You know Senegal only gave permission for St. Chris to begin operating in 2003 therefore any degrees or credits issued prior to that will eventually be seen as invalid by all state boards. And the new St. Chris only rec'd its corporate license and permission to run a business in England in 2006. Once the authorities put the new paperwork submitted to them by Senegal next to the paperwork uncovered during the BBC and the General Medical Council of England investigations all credits issued in 2003, 2004 and 2005 will be invalid as well. I don't understand why you guys keep ignoring the facts.

Sure some schools might allow you to use the credits to transfer but the real test will come when you make an attempt to get a license. At that point having St. Chris listed on any of your paperwork might destroy your chances of becoming a doctor in the US. Many students have gone ahead and started repeating classes they took at St. Chris to ensure they won't have any problems in the future. I'd speak with the board in the state you want to practice and get their advice now before you find yourselves in yet another mess. Speak to the authorities...they have nothing to gain financially by your decisions.

SOAP
11-25-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm assuming the BBC's headline goes for transcripts as well. You guys are struggling to get these transcripts and I can't help, after reading the BBC report, wondering why?

BBC NEWS | UK | Some medical degrees 'worthless' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4410020.stm)

You know Senegal only gave permission for St. Chris to begin operating in 2003 therefore any degrees or credits issued prior to that will eventually be seen as invalid by all state boards. And the new St. Chris only rec'd its corporate license and permission to run a business in England in 2006. Once the authorities put the new paperwork submitted to them by Senegal next to the paperwork uncovered during the BBC and the General Medical Council of England investigations all credits issued in 2003, 2004 and 2005 will be invalid as well. I don't understand why you guys keep ignoring the facts.

Sure some schools might allow you to use the credits to transfer but the real test will come when you make an attempt to get a license. At that point having St. Chris listed on any of your paperwork might destroy your chances of becoming a doctor in the US. Many students have gone ahead and started repeating classes they took at St. Chris to ensure they won't have any problems in the future. I'd speak with the board in the state you want to practice and get their advice now before you find yourselves in yet another mess. Speak to the authorities...they have nothing to gain financially by your decisions.

The info stated above isn't correct. SCCM was granted a charter and the right to award the MD degree in Feb, 2000. The University EL Hadj Ibrahima Niasse was given accrediation in 2003. Once the University received accrediation it affiliated with SCCM in 2003. This is why IMED states that the college of medicine grants the degree and no the University. You can obtain copies of all official letters from the lawyers listed in my other post. The documentation exists should anyone want to followup on it.

Enough with the LIES and mis-information. Lets all agree to get the truth out so we can make our decissions on how to proceed based upon the truth, not half truths, or lies.

dr trouble
11-25-2006, 04:29 PM
i agree with u..... we did have a charter in 2000

The info stated above isn't correct. SCCM was granted a charter and the right to award the MD degree in Feb, 2000. The University EL Hadj Ibrahima Niasse was given accrediation in 2003. Once the University received accrediation it affiliated with SCCM in 2003. This is why IMED states that the college of medicine grants the degree and no the University. You can obtain copies of all official letters from the lawyers listed in my other post. The documentation exists should anyone want to followup on it.

Enough with the LIES and mis-information. Lets all agree to get the truth out so we can make our decissions on how to proceed based upon the truth, not half truths, or lies.

empathy
11-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Okay, what country was St. Christopher's College of Medicine chartered in? Give us a link where we can view the 2000 charter which reads, "St. Christopher's College of Medicine". Have you seen the charter? The government of Senegal has already stated publicly that St. Christopher's College of Medicine was not chartered in their country. The new St. Chris did however receive permission to begin operations in 2003 in England. However, they did not take out a corp. business license until 2006. Can you run a business in England without a license? If not, how can they claim that credits issued during 2000 - 2005 are valid. Oh wait, SCCM had a corp. license but no charter with their name officially printed across the top...round and round we go. You guys cannot produce both a corp. business license and a charter for 2000 for either the old or new St. Chris...only mix matched docs or piggy back charter mumbo jumbo.

Also Oregon did a thorough investigation in 2000 and you can read here what they uncovered about St. Chris at that time:

Department of Justice, State of Oregon - Media Release (http://www.doj.state.or.us/releases/2000/rel072500.shtml)

And Soap, students need to know exactly who it is you are referring them to for documentation....a lawyer who is being paid by:

http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/41927-chairman-md.html

I think at this point the best advice anyone could give these students would be to call the state where they want to practice and make sure using St. Chris credits to transfer will not hurt them in the future. Where you went to medical school and the reputation of the school/owners does matter. Click the Directory of State Medical Boards link on this site for contact info:

FSMB (http://www.fsmb.org/smb_protecting_public.html)

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 06:20 PM
to be honest... i saw the charter at the luton campus- it was affiliated with a school in senegal....
that was in 2000
now what happened... and this is what we were informed....m how much of this is true.... i dnt knw... but.... an agreement was made between the school and its main campus... by this means st christophers would be a subcampus of the school in senegal...

there was money involved in maintainance of this charter.... sum part of the bargain was not carried out... Slimeball failed to pay the school in senegal... and then they struck off the charter - SOMETHING THE STUDENTS didnt KNOW.

anyhow.. bottom line - administration screwed the students over..

and now its my time to hit the books...
and ill wait for a blasting rebuke from one of u who no doubtedly has more to say and attack everything ive sed :D
goodnight

Okay, what country was St. Christopher's College of Medicine chartered in? Give us a link where we can view the 2000 charter which reads, "St. Christopher's College of Medicine". Have you seen the charter? The government of Senegal has already stated publicly that St. Christopher's College of Medicine was not chartered in their country. The new St. Chris did however receive permission to begin operations in 2003 in England. However, they did not take out a corp. business license until 2006. Can you run a business in England without a license? If not, how can they claim that credits issued during 2000 - 2005 are valid. Oh wait, SCCM had a corp. license but no charter with their name officially printed across the top...round and round we go. You guys cannot produce both a corp. business license and a charter for 2000 for either the old or new St. Chris...only mix matched docs or piggy back charter mumbo jumbo.

Also Oregon did a thorough investigation in 2000 and you can read here what they uncovered about St. Chris at that time:

Department of Justice, State of Oregon - Media Release (http://www.doj.state.or.us/releases/2000/rel072500.shtml)

And Soap, students need to know exactly who it is you are referring them to for documentation....a lawyer who is being paid by:

I think at this point the best advice anyone could give these students would be to call the state where they want to practice and make sure using St. Chris credits to transfer will not hurt them in the future. Where you went to medical school and the reputation of the school/owners does matter. Click the Directory of State Medical Boards link on this site for contact info:

empathy
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Before you guys waste a lot of time tracking down these transcripts shouldn't you find out if they have any value? Call the state where you want to practice and find out if St. Christopher's College of Medicine is recognized as a legitimate medical college. It isn't recognized in England where the campus is located and the US is much more likely to listen to England and their opinion of the college than Senegal.

International Higher Education #29/5 (http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/soe/cihe/newsletter/News29/text005.htm)

SOAP
11-29-2006, 09:19 AM
[quote=empathy;529620]Okay, what country was St. Christopher's College of Medicine chartered in? Give us a link where we can view the 2000 charter which reads, "St. Christopher's College of Medicine". Have you seen the charter? The government of Senegal has already stated publicly that St. Christopher's College of Medicine was not chartered in their country. The new St. Chris did however receive permission to begin operations in 2003 in England. However, they did not take out a corp. business license until 2006. Can you run a business in England without a license? If not, how can they claim that credits issued during 2000 - 2005 are valid. Oh wait, SCCM had a corp. license but no charter with their name officially printed across the top...round and round we go. You guys cannot produce both a corp. business license and a charter for 2000 for either the old or new St. Chris...only mix matched docs or piggy back charter mumbo jumbo.

I guess neuro won't be your speciality. You can verify this by visiting SCCM's listing in IMED or the W.H.O.

empathy
11-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the reminder Soap. Students when you call your state ask them how accurate IMED and W.H.O. listings are. In order to get licensed to practice medicine in the US you should be able to prove that you graduated from a legitimate medical college. There has been so much fraud hopefully very soon a third world country vouching for credits and grads will no longer be enough.

I guess neuro won't be your speciality. You can verify this by visiting SCCM's listing in IMED or the W.H.O.

stevejohnson
11-29-2006, 09:53 PM
There has been so much fraud a third world country vouching for credits and grads will no longer be enough.

Something to think about.

SOAP
11-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the reminder Soap. Students when you call your state ask them how accurate IMED and W.H.O. listings are. In order to get licensed to practice medicine in the US you should be able to prove that you graduated from a legitimate medical college. There has been so much fraud hopefully very soon a third world country vouching for credits and grads will no longer be enough.

Like there's no FRAUD in the US, UK, or the Caribbean. Isn't that the reason why a standard evaluation system has been put in place (USMLE).:rolleyes:

pruritis_ani
11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Like there's no FRAUD in the US, UK, or the Caribbean. Isn't that the reason why a standard evaluation system has been put in place (USMLE).:rolleyes:

Uhhh...call me crazy, but I don't think the USMLE was put in place because of fraud. It was put in place as an objective means to standardize and evaluate undergraduate medical education.

The fact is, unscrupulous schools such as St Chris tarnish the image of all offshore med schools, and raise a very strong argument for an accreditation body. The good schools would easily pass such a standard, while the crappy ones would no longer be able to say "a school is a school, we are just cheaper, in a better location, yada yada yada".

But, some students will always be desperate to go anywhere. I used to get all PO'd at the schools for all the misinformation that was spread in order to attract students. Now, it is so crystal clear what schools are sub standard, that I think the students are nearly 100% to blame. If you pick a school like SC, I think you deserve what you get. The same can be said for students at any number of fly-by-night operations out there. I chuckle when I think of all those SC cheerleaders that are haunted by their degree every day now. When will it all come crashing down even further? And, even better are those that scattered, yet still went to crappy schools with no track record and no stateside approvals. Are you too dense to learn from the first mistake?? Good luck with all that!

There are just too many good choices, and it is painfully clear by now what happens when you attempt to cut corners. Go to an established school. If you can't get in, you had better fix that problem. If you can't afford it, fix your credit. Otherwise, remember that you get what you pay for.

People should know by now that it is not just an offshore med school, that uses all the same books, and has great teachers. An offshore med school is only as good as the degree it offers, regardless of the buildings, the books, the pass rates or the quality of teaching. If your degree is worthless in one state, chances are that list will grow instead of shrink. And, before you know it, FSMB and ECFMG are cracking down, and the school is shut, diploma worthless. Go to a school with no limitations, with a strong history, with outside approval, and with the financial strength to deal with legislation and accreditation challenges. And, the funny thing is, schools that have that ALSO tend to have the best academics. Funny how that works, eh?

stevejohnson
11-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I chuckle when I think of all those SC cheerleaders that are haunted by their degree every day now. When will it all come crashing down even further? And, even better are those that scattered, yet still went to crappy schools with no track record and no stateside approvals. Are you too dense to learn from the first mistake??

before you know it, FSMB and ECFMG are cracking down, and the school is shut, diploma worthless. Go to a school with no limitations, with a strong history, with outside approval, and with the financial strength to deal with legislation and accreditation challenges. ?

Agreed. I'm with SGU.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.