PDA

View Full Version : grad and current student opinion off all saints?

akumar
09-25-2006, 01:24 PM
hi there all,

i have heard loads of ppl on the forum talk about all saints and say that its not woth it, but not much feedback from students. So i just thought i'd pose the question.....what do you think of the place and the course.

Graduates...... How did u find using that qualification in the USA or UK or a Western Country?

I know ppl have a lot of negativity as its a new university, but in all honesty its half the price of other uni's in the carrabien, so its attractive from that prospective. . . .in all honesty i am quite interested by the fact that its an english speaking area and the fees are around 30K. Poland would be good, but they dont speak english.

If anyone has any previous experience of all saints please give us your feedback....also if anyone knows of any other uni's that fit that criteria then please do let me know....

till then .....thanks a bunch!!!!

Asclepios
09-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I am attending the Dominica campus which only began operation in May. The school definitely has its growing pains but it is getting better. The instructors are really good, we are getting cadavers soon (a week or two) and the cost of living is really good. The island isn't a tourist island, so not much to distract you and the locals are really nice.
The school has only been on IMED since 2004 so no grads and they haven't had a full class write the USMLE's but they are planning on instituting the Kaplan course in the 5th semester. I do know that some people have done and passed step 1 but not positive on how many.

I hope this helps, for a new school its not bad. I went to St. Chris before they closed and I can definitely tell you the teaching and admin is ten times better. But St. Chris was pretty bad so thats not hard.

akumar
09-26-2006, 06:59 AM
thanks for that asclepios, what are the demographics of the students like? do they have many us or european students? As looking at the pics on the site it does not show a good mx...... but they do look quite old.

Thanks for your help.... any idea of what the cost of living with fees etc is? realisticlly?

Asclepios
09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
We have students from everywhere - India, US, Canada, Nigeria, Cameroon, Afganistan, Europe, etc. The majority are from Canada and the US. At our campus we have a very small number of students (about 100), so we receive alot of one on one instruction.

Living costs are approx 300 US/Month (cable tv is usually included and the places are furnished) for rent and about 200+/month for food (depends on your needs), we all live around the school so we walk each day, but do have some transportation costs going to town for groceries (80 cents per trip).

Let me know if you need any other info.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.