PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on the St Chris court case?

Noodle_09
09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi,

So I was wondering if anybody has heard about the court case against PL to obtain tuition and etc? Let me know please. Thanks!!!!

Bhoot
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
The US case is ongoing but PL AND FS have not attempted to make the agreed compromises. Its all legal delaying tactics now, though, to date, the judge has ruled in favor of the students in all cases.

Noodle_09
10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
thanks for the info!!! does anyone know how many people went with the Joe lawsuit (regarding tuition)?

TAFKA
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
why is anybody still coming here for information?

pruritis_ani
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM

do you have a better source? clearly the "school" is not providing the answers....and many students have proven to be unreliable...

teratos
10-25-2006, 08:06 AM

Right, they should go to the official SC forum. G

Noodle_09
10-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Well some of us cannot get into the SC forum since, correct me if I am wrong, you have to be a student to get in. :) So this is the only way to get answers!!! :) Sad but true.

teratos
10-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Well some of us cannot get into the SC forum since, correct me if I am wrong, you have to be a student to get in. :) So this is the only way to get answers!!! :) Sad but true.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Noodle_09
10-26-2006, 11:33 PM
That was for TAFKA since he/she keeps on repeating the same thing. :)

empathy
10-27-2006, 12:03 AM
I think it would be helpful if ValueMD made a new forum for the new St. Chris. That way students considering the 'new' St. Chris wouldn't get the two mixed up. Transcript issues, lawsuits, etc. could still be addressed here but students considering the new St. Chris wouldn't have to wade through all of that stuff to get the info they need.

highway
10-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Using the word "New" so much - now that is sarcasm. :stirpot:

Bhoot
10-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Regarding the suggestion to make two forums for the "old" SCCM and the re-organized school, IMHO those who operate these forums would rather keep the controversy stirred up than make the forums. Secondly, I don't know the number of students who went with the US case, though I know many of them were at the clinical level rather than basic sciences. Most of the basic science students just transferred out. As for the forums, there are actually two. One started by the student who led the UK case and one started by another clinical student when the first student wasn't forthcoming with all the answers he claimed to have, then censored others input. However, even the newer site will not allow students like myself, who transferred out, but still have a stake in how the SC part of our education was played out. So, those students are basically out of the loop on what is going on unless they happen to know the student who filed the case in the US.

empathy
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I think someone has really misled you guys about ValueMD. It is a public forum so anyone can post anything as long as they don't violate tos. That to me is really cool. I like being challenged and if you guys are going to be doctors you'd better learn to like it too.

The school uses this site to advertise but they have no control over it or what is said here. That's why the old admin bashed it and told students that the people who use the site work for other colleges and are trying to steal St. Chris students, etc. They had a lot to hide and I imagine seeing their secrets keep popping up on ValueMD scared the 'beep' out of them.

No one is out to get St. Chris. There have just been so many lies that people are sick of it. So perhaps, if they did open a new forum for you guys and gave you a fresh start things would be different. Everyone deserves the truth and everyone deserves a second chance. It's hard to get a second chance when all new students have to read about are lawsuits and transcript issues.

empathy
11-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Wikipedia has updated their site with some facts on the new school.

St Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Christopher_Iba_Mar_Diop_College_of_Medicine)

Noodle_09
11-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Wikipedia has updated their site with some facts on the new school.

St Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Christopher_Iba_Mar_Diop_College_of_Medicine)

WOW!!! They got St Chris down!! ;)

TAFKA
11-11-2006, 09:03 AM
"wikipedia" doesn't update their site... it's anonymous internet users (remarkably similar to valuemd) who update it... and if you go back through the page's history and compare the various contributions to posts here on valuemd, you could figure out exactly who's posts your reading on a different website...

empathy
11-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally, someone did do as you say. They set up that account with them and if you did a search for 'Oregon St. Christopher's College of Medicine' on yahoo or google that Wikipedia link was the first hit you got, I think it's still that way -- search and see, but back then it was all flowers and sunshine about St. Chris.

The timing was strange because it was about the time we were asking students to contact Oregon if they had any questions about the school. But, Wikipedia does not allow people to post just anything on the St. Chris page anymore they now have to provide facts and it has to be approved by the Wikipedia foundation. And no Az does not work for them. :) Hit the citation link at the bottom of the section about the US and read the warning at the very top of the page. The page has been locked down and any info that is posted must be backed up with facts and approved.

The foreign medical school world is changing. Authorities are looking into these schools and the individuals that run them. The idea to 'use' Wikipedia has backfired on the person or persons who originally came up with it. They must feel a little foolish now.
:backfire:

IMGToBeMD
11-11-2006, 06:21 PM
The idea to 'use' Wikipedia has backfired on the person or persons who originally came up with it. They must feel a little foolish now.Yeah I bet that person feels like a real moron. Right TAFKA?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.