PDA

View Full Version : Ueims - Iuhs

ringoplus
09-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I am a current student in UEIMS dubai and would like to know how good or bad it is to do preclinicals in UEIMS dubai campus... moreover, my seniors have crossed preclinicals and doing their clinicals in Bombay Hospital...
so whats the gurantee that UEIMS and IUHS will always hook up together and while graduating they will get their degrees and transcripts on time...

I have also heard... that few students among seniors have suffered a lot for discriminating and unlawful acts done by other students who are some how connected to UEIMS administrator officers...

would like to know more about issues in dubai campus....

Last year there was a huge arguement among IUHS people [ RJ SIMMS, ANNE, MERRY -not sure about the names ] and UEIMS people [Prinicpals , officers, teachers and many more] and students and parents... so if any one got info abt this pls let me know

Carmen
09-21-2006, 05:16 PM
You are right about the problems with the IUHS administration and the UEIMS students. I have been told that there was problems with IUHS receiving payments from Dubai and Cochin. I'm not sure how it was resolved or even who to believe.

Do you plan to move to the U.S. to practice? If you want to do this, you will have more problems coming from UEIMS than those students from IUHS. The reason for this is that you have not done any clinicals in U.S. hospitals which leaves you at a disadvantage. You will also have to write the USMLE step 1 when you are finished your degree.

The only guarantee that you will receive your transcript and diploma is if IUHS receives its money. Do you pay directly or are you going through your own school in Dubai or Cochin? If you are in Dubai, speak with Dr. S and in Cochin, speak with Dr. M. They appear to be decent individuals who may answer your questions.

Hope this helps. If you would like more info. on this area, please P.M. me.

What do you mean about discrimination?

freedofsins
11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
:p hey u guys... yeah it might look like im a new member to this site but i frequently visit this site now and then to keep up with my old enemies and their misery(that meaning iuhs)...

i do not have any complaints about iuhs per say... you know why because their sitting in st.kitts waiting only for money from ueims for the courses and exams they give out which btw... need i remind u are lectures which have been recorded 2-3 years in advance and they say they update every semester (to them updating is adding and subtracting paragraphs from medical sites and research stuff or copying off some brs notes)

exams are predictable nowadays for students... and most of you who read this know what im talking about when i say predictable;)

do they really care about your future? are they really preparing you for what lies ahead? i.e. the usmle step 1... look at the teachers sitting up at ueims... how many of them are actually american qualified... lets say for a second these teachers were indian grads... when it says MD on their letterhead it actually means phD and what is phD u guys should know this.... doctor of philosophy... me or you or another ordinary person could just do some bichemistry research for 2 years and get rewarded a phD or buy it off simple as that.... but when they say they are preparing u for usmle step one...HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN IT THEMSELVES... AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT:D

i can't say much about the misery that i know most of you are going through in dubai...

as for those of u wanting to go to u.k. NEWSFLASH BUDDIES
UK has closed all its doors to FMG's(foreign medical grads) to practice or for that matter do residency there....

MCI(medical council of india) IS NOT letting FMG's who have done or are doing rotations in india get a licensure there... what does that tell you guys? honestly before stepping into a risky career like this you should have thought it through... either truts a medical school in your own country where you can be safe concerning your future... or go to one that is 100% gurantee that you will be able to work the way you have planned...

AND AS FOR THOSE OF U IN DUBAI WITH THE HOPE OF COMMING TO USA let me tell u a couple of things about that
1)visa as it is would be an issue for most of u but still many can get passed that
2)even if u do your rotations and step 1 and 2 exams by the time u get into residency it would be really difficult because (what i am about to state you guys can also read in the beginning of the First Aid usmle step 1 guide book of 2006 or go check it out on USMLE (http://www.usmle.org)) all FMG's who are not citezins or greencardholders who are going to apply for residency and will want the J1 OR HI visa will have a difficult time
a)H1 visa as it is very tough for any FMG to get may that be a canadian or an indian.... they only have 30 applicants(that to in SOME states NOT ALL) and almost half of them are unfilled some hospitals dont even give out H1 visas im not saying there's is no hope sum of u can get lucky;)
b)people who do residency on a J1 visa have to do their residency and then leave the country for two years(that rule is being dicussed as to being changed to a 5 year time clearly stated in first aid and on usmle site under residency for FMGs) and hence comeback if a hospital or clinic after finishing their residency will give them an opening for a job mind you this is after you exit the country for 2 years... in that case only about 45-50% of these J1 applicants who do residency do finally come back to US to practice....its the hard truth that everyone has to face... dont hate me for telling the truth thank me because i do not believe that IUHS should overshadow these problems onto you guys as this concerns YOUR FUTURE... as for ueims itself... TRUST ME GUYS UEIMS HAS NO INTENTION OF LETTING YOU GUYS OFF THE HOOK OR PURSUE YOUR CAREERS MOST OF THE SENIORS FROM THE FIRST BATCH ARE STILL SITTING THEIR WAITING TO GIVE THEIR EXIT AND PASS....SHOULDNT THAT TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING OR ARE U GUYS JUST BLIND... PLEASE LOOK UPON THE TRUTH THIS IS NOT A CONTROVERSY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE ON THE LINE HERE NOT MINE!!!!!

freedofsins
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
:( i forgot to tell you guys U WILL NEVER GET UR TRANSCRIPTS IM TELLING U IUHS AND UEIMS HATES EACHOTHERS GUTS... u guys are just mere accessories iuhs and ueims throws upon between their fighting... ueims owner mr.gopi basically has eaten up your money for his own personal pleasures therefore not paying iuhs its rightful money this angered iuhs and therefor no release of transcripts...

rotations is not a major part of your medical careers its residency and passing your exams... most of you don't realise it and are only looking for ways to just get into rotations im not saying that is bad but look passed that as well.. look at the broader picture of what you are going to do after you do your rotations....

:rolleyes: cyea

maximillian genossa
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
No wonder UEIMS applied for a charter in Montserrat as BIU, maybe they want to dump IUHS or get another charter for their Dubai operation.

Before anyone jumps into conclussions and accusations against me, I know what went on in Monserat recently. I will discuss it by PM only.

:p hey u guys... yeah it might look like im a new member to this site but i frequently visit this site now and then to keep up with my old enemies and their misery(that meaning iuhs)...

i do not have any complaints about iuhs per say... you know why because their sitting in st.kitts waiting only for money from ueims for the courses and exams they give out which btw... need i remind u are lectures which have been recorded 2-3 years in advance and they say they update every semester (to them updating is adding and subtracting paragraphs from medical sites and research stuff or copying off some brs notes)

exams are predictable nowadays for students... and most of you who read this know what im talking about when i say predictable;)

do they really care about your future? are they really preparing you for what lies ahead? i.e. the usmle step 1... look at the teachers sitting up at ueims... how many of them are actually american qualified... lets say for a second these teachers were indian grads... when it says MD on their letterhead it actually means phD and what is phD u guys should know this.... doctor of philosophy... me or you or another ordinary person could just do some bichemistry research for 2 years and get rewarded a phD or buy it off simple as that.... but when they say they are preparing u for usmle step one...HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN IT THEMSELVES... AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT:D

i can't say much about the misery that i know most of you are going through in dubai...

as for those of u wanting to go to u.k. NEWSFLASH BUDDIES
UK has closed all its doors to FMG's(foreign medical grads) to practice or for that matter do residency there....

MCI(medical council of india) IS NOT letting FMG's who have done or are doing rotations in india get a licensure there... what does that tell you guys? honestly before stepping into a risky career like this you should have thought it through... either truts a medical school in your own country where you can be safe concerning your future... or go to one that is 100% gurantee that you will be able to work the way you have planned...

AND AS FOR THOSE OF U IN DUBAI WITH THE HOPE OF COMMING TO USA let me tell u a couple of things about that
1)visa as it is would be an issue for most of u but still many can get passed that
2)even if u do your rotations and step 1 and 2 exams by the time u get into residency it would be really difficult because (what i am about to state you guys can also read in the beginning of the First Aid usmle step 1 guide book of 2006 or go check it out on USMLE (http://www.usmle.org)) all FMG's who are not citezins or greencardholders who are going to apply for residency and will want the J1 OR HI visa will have a difficult time
a)H1 visa as it is very tough for any FMG to get may that be a canadian or an indian.... they only have 30 applicants(that to in SOME states NOT ALL) and almost half of them are unfilled some hospitals dont even give out H1 visas im not saying there's is no hope sum of u can get lucky;)
b)people who do residency on a J1 visa have to do their residency and then leave the country for two years(that rule is being dicussed as to being changed to a 5 year time clearly stated in first aid and on usmle site under residency for FMGs) and hence comeback if a hospital or clinic after finishing their residency will give them an opening for a job mind you this is after you exit the country for 2 years... in that case only about 45-50% of these J1 applicants who do residency do finally come back to US to practice....its the hard truth that everyone has to face... dont hate me for telling the truth thank me because i do not believe that IUHS should overshadow these problems onto you guys as this concerns YOUR FUTURE... as for ueims itself... TRUST ME GUYS UEIMS HAS NO INTENTION OF LETTING YOU GUYS OFF THE HOOK OR PURSUE YOUR CAREERS MOST OF THE SENIORS FROM THE FIRST BATCH ARE STILL SITTING THEIR WAITING TO GIVE THEIR EXIT AND PASS....SHOULDNT THAT TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING OR ARE U GUYS JUST BLIND... PLEASE LOOK UPON THE TRUTH THIS IS NOT A CONTROVERSY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE ON THE LINE HERE NOT MINE!!!!!

ayanni
12-27-2006, 11:48 AM
well i am a current student of UEIMS dubai and i have just written my exit 1 exam and im just sitting around for the next week or so waiting for my results and i just came across these posts that have to do with UEIMS and IUHS. First off i would like too tell anyone thats interested that UEIMS dubai is almost totally a waste of time for anyone interested in going to the states for clinicals. The reason being that you get absolutely no help form the admin on the the dubai side. They are all too busy trying to push the students into attending Bombay Hospital. It makes you feel as though you really dont have any other option but that isnt the truth you do have options all you have to do is get into contact with IUHS directly. I myself am most likely going to go to the states for my clinicals but i have had to do most of the leg work all on my own. As for the stiuation with the transcripts and out exam results and what not taking for ever, that has pretty much been sorted out. We all recieved our transcripts back in sep and our results have been coming out on time for a while now. LOL i think that mostly has to do with the fact that we are all paying IUHS directly now and UEIMS isnt pocketing the money anymore. Over all i would say that if you are planning to practices in india or else where the UEIMS is a good route to go...because honestly the teaching quality i pretty damn good... the only thing is you arent following that route then you gotta do alot work on your own.
lol...now people please keep your fingers crossed for me on my exit results and wish me luck on the USMLE step 1 prep

Learner242
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
HEY ANNANI

Firstly i have joined this site only to be able to contact you so please help me .
I am planning to go to UEIMS dubai for MD this september and need your help as i am planning to do my clinicals in UK,Canade or USA.
Please tell me the proceedures for the same as it would be a great help.

For anyone else who can help me too please do so

Please get in touch with me directly through the following email adress

well i am a current student of UEIMS dubai and i have just written my exit 1 exam and im just sitting around for the next week or so waiting for my results and i just came across these posts that have to do with UEIMS and IUHS. First off i would like too tell anyone thats interested that UEIMS dubai is almost totally a waste of time for anyone interested in going to the states for clinicals. The reason being that you get absolutely no help form the admin on the the dubai side. They are all too busy trying to push the students into attending Bombay Hospital. It makes you feel as though you really dont have any other option but that isnt the truth you do have options all you have to do is get into contact with IUHS directly. I myself am most likely going to go to the states for my clinicals but i have had to do most of the leg work all on my own. As for the stiuation with the transcripts and out exam results and what not taking for ever, that has pretty much been sorted out. We all recieved our transcripts back in sep and our results have been coming out on time for a while now. LOL i think that mostly has to do with the fact that we are all paying IUHS directly now and UEIMS isnt pocketing the money anymore. Over all i would say that if you are planning to practices in india or else where the UEIMS is a good route to go...because honestly the teaching quality i pretty damn good... the only thing is you arent following that route then you gotta do alot work on your own.
lol...now people please keep your fingers crossed for me on my exit results and wish me luck on the USMLE step 1 prep

DOC.p
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM
HEY ANNANI

Firstly i have joined this site only to be able to contact you so please help me .
I am planning to go to UEIMS dubai for MD this september and need your help as i am planning to do my clinicals in UK,Canade or USA.
Please tell me the proceedures for the same as it would be a great help.

For anyone else who can help me too please do so

Please get in touch with me directly through the following email adress
you do realize this post is almost two years old?

maximillian genossa
08-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Doc, I don't think he or she realized that until now.
:-devil

you do realize this post is almost two years old?

Learner242
08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
hey
so the post is almost 2 years old.....i guess

can anybody else help me with the issue
it will be HIGHLY appreciated

TriageModerator
11-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Just wanted to know if any students have graduated yet from UEIMS - Cochin..... Does UEIMS have any graduates in residency or practicing anywhere?

maximillian genossa
11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Good question.

Just wanted to know if any students have graduated yet from UEIMS - Cochin..... Does UEIMS have any graduates in residency or practicing anywhere?

11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
According to the website - yes.

TriageModerator
11-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Funny....... wouldn't we have come across any of them, atleast in this forum.....?

Maybe they're just not the internet savvy kind.......:noidea:

AUCMD2006
11-13-2008, 09:08 PM

well if its on the "website" it must be true then....lol sarcasm..... ain't nothing proven til you see a grad listed on a hospital roster or a license form a state.

saviour
12-14-2008, 08:34 PM
OK .IT IS THAT THE TEACHING HAS BEEN SO GOOD IN UEIMS THAT U R ANSWERING ALL BULL SHITS FOR THE QUESTION ASKED TO U IN CARE HOSPITAL AN Also KEEPING MUMP FOR QUESTIONS............CLEARLY6== BULL SHITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

saviour
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
well i am a current student of ueims dubai and i have just written my exit 1 exam and im just sitting around for the next week or so waiting for my results and i just came across these posts that have to do with ueims and iuhs. First off i would like too tell anyone thats interested that ueims dubai is almost totally a waste of time for anyone interested in going to the states for clinicals. The reason being that you get absolutely no help form the admin on the the dubai side. They are all too busy trying to push the students into attending bombay hospital. It makes you feel as though you really dont have any other option but that isnt the truth you do have options all you have to do is get into contact with iuhs directly. I myself am most likely going to go to the states for my clinicals but i have had to do most of the leg work all on my own. As for the stiuation with the transcripts and out exam results and what not taking for ever, that has pretty much been sorted out. We all recieved our transcripts back in sep and our results have been coming out on time for a while now. Lol i think that mostly has to do with the fact that we are all paying iuhs directly now and ueims isnt pocketing the money anymore. Over all i would say that if you are planning to practices in india or else where the ueims is a good route to go...because honestly the teaching quality i pretty damn good... The only thing is you arent following that route then you gotta do alot work on your own.
Lol...now people please keep your fingers crossed for me on my exit results and wish me luck on the usmle step 1 prep

do u think indian doctors are pretty damn down and not uptp the level....ueims is the not the place for students who wanna practise in india....in india medical education is something very high standard and quality and not like ueims where u doesnt know basic still u become a 'doctor'

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.