PDA

View Full Version : Married couples

Happy2
09-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Are there any married students in the January class? My husband is starting in Jan 07 and I am wondering if there are any married womens organization?

RAVINDERDHIMAN
09-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Are there any married students in the January class? My husband is starting in Jan 07 and I am wondering if there are any married womens organization?

i dnt know about married women organization but i know some couples who are living here together (students), what exactly you want to know???

amirk
09-26-2006, 12:37 PM
my honey goes to school my daughter and I are here for company. Pretty boring i miss work back home. I was wondering if there is anyone out there like us. Are you a student too?

Jax
09-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm a student here and my husband followed me here as well. He finds ways to keep himself occupied, but we're always looking for more people to hang out with. We're staying in Amor Villas (University Housing). Where are you guys located?

cc911
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
my honey goes to school my daughter and I are here for company. Pretty boring i miss work back home. I was wondering if there is anyone out there like us. Are you a student too?

My husband is a student and I am hoping to find a job in Antigua in January.

sreec
10-02-2006, 04:59 PM
You should consider applying for a job with the school while you are on the island. Back when I was there, students as well as family members of the faculty were working as librarians, administrative assistants, proctors, etc.

RAVINDERDHIMAN
10-03-2006, 02:31 PM
i thought you could only work in antigua if you are resident of this island or am i wrong????

akabeeks
10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
You should consider applying for a job with the school while you are on the island. Back when I was there, students as well as family members of the faculty were working as librarians, administrative assistants, proctors, etc.

How much is pay for those jobs?? Also, how do they get paid--dollars or antiguan money?? any medical insurance with that?? are there a lot of openings or is it hard to geat a job..What taxes do they pay antiguan or american?

also, can students work while they are in school or they better not because med school is hectic enough??

sreec
10-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm sure the pay isn't great, but it would be better than anything you would get on your own - since similar jobs simply don't exist on the island. Also, if you are not working for the school, you may have to obtain working papers etc. I think the student insurance covers immediate family members but they might charge you a bit more for the coverage. I remember having to decline family coverage each time I got insurance through the school. I have no idea if they have any openings. You should talk to the Dr. P who runs the library or Dr. B. I don't know about taxes either.

There are some students on work study. They take fewer classes each semester and therefore take longer to finish. I think this option is only available to students originally from Antigua.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.