PDA

View Full Version : Clincal Site Removed

det310
09-12-2006, 01:25 PM
I just recently saw that Larkin Hopspital in Miami, FL was eliminated from the list of "Clinical Sites". Anyone know the reason for this, and also does anyone know anymore Clincal sites that are coming up in the near future? If so, where at? Thanks

spyyder
09-12-2006, 01:52 PM
just a rumor/speculation, but SMU might have gotten an exculsive contract there. I repeat just speculation.

MylifeatDominica
09-16-2006, 04:29 AM
I think that it used to be a Ross site as well. It is just a tiny community hospital, there is no way that you can learn much from there. it had some problems with the management or something like that.

teratos
09-16-2006, 07:14 AM
I think that it used to be a Ross site as well. It is just a tiny community hospital, there is no way that you can learn much from there. it had some problems with the management or something like that.

Sometimes tiny community hospitals are where you learn the most, depending on who is doing the teaching. G

wisdom76
10-02-2006, 02:33 AM
"AUA is pleased to announce that its program of medical education has been approved by the State of New York. Pursuant to said approval, AUA is one of the few international schools that can place its students in New York Hospitals for two years of clinical training"

Just curious
..............Curious mind...........

swimguy23
10-02-2006, 05:54 AM
"AUA is pleased to announce that its program of medical education has been approved by the State of New York. Pursuant to said approval, AUA is one of the few international schools that can place its students in New York Hospitals for two years of clinical training"

Just curious
..............Curious mind...........

however, to engage in more than 12 weeks in NY state it has to be at an affiliated hospital. outside of affiliated hospitals in NY you are limited to 12 weeks despite your approval

jameslynton
10-02-2006, 10:30 PM
however, to engage in more than 12 weeks in NY state it has to be at an affiliated hospital. outside of affiliated hospitals in NY you are limited to 12 weeks despite your approvalAs far as I know all of AUA's NY hospitals are affiliated teaching hospitals. Maybe not in the top tier like the Columbia, Sonybrook or Cornell but they are affiliated and on the NY list.

swimguy23
10-03-2006, 05:24 AM
As far as I know all of AUA's NY hospitals are affiliated teaching hospitals. Maybe not in the top tier like the Columbia, Sonybrook or Cornell but they are affiliated and on the NY list.

theyre going to be community hospitals, which are probably already affiliated with other caribbean schools.....i didnt say anything about top tier.....i was just saying yes you can do all your clinicals in those hospitals (most likely you wont bc it makes no sense to) and the minute you step foot into another hospital, you are limited to 12 weeks from that point

MYMD
10-03-2006, 06:07 AM
theyre going to be community hospitals, which are probably already affiliated with other caribbean schools.....i didnt say anything about top tier.....i was just saying yes you can do all your clinicals in those hospitals (most likely you wont bc it makes no sense to) and the minute you step foot into another hospital, you are limited to 12 weeks from that point
Yes 12 Weeks at any OTHER hospital than the affiliated ones with the school. So you could go to any affiliated ones the whole time and one unaffiliated for 12 weeks.

swimguy23
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes 12 Weeks at any OTHER hospital than the affiliated ones with the school. So you could go to any affiliated ones the whole time and one unaffiliated for 12 weeks.

we are saying the exact same thing in different ways

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.