PDA

View Full Version : Rumors

Asclepios
09-09-2006, 10:22 PM
There are alot of rumors that go around about new medical schools. Today I received an email regarding All Saints from an individual that was supposedly trying to educate me, telling all kinds of stories about how the school started up and a bunch of nonsense. I find it humorous that the individual didn't leave their name and left me no way of finding out where they got their information from. I can reason that some of the things in the email are true (one of the owners is an engineer), but I also understand that while building a new medical school you will probably create a few enemies (especially when you offer lower prices than most schools). I do believe that anyone looking into a new medical school will investigate the school and everything about it. I also think it would be best for anyone looking at going to a medical school, All Saints or any other one, will talk to students so they can get their impressions. Just my opinion.:D

Chemist_11
09-10-2006, 09:35 AM
You will also understand that a lot of the said things about All Saints appear to be true. I am not going to get sucked into the 'All schools have to start somewhere' argument, because obviously thats a fact. The real question is who would want to go to a school with a reputation for being worse than bad?

Schools like All Saints are designed for naive individuals who read about peoples previous experiences and think that things will be different gor them, students who have very little money or people who can't get into other alternative carrib. medical schools. The fact of the matter is that schools such as All Saints are always at the bottom of prospective medical student's lists.

I am not bashing the school either, I would however like to see an All Saints student or prospective who has put this school at the top of their list. (above SGU, ROSS, SABA, SMU) for reasons which do not include financial or academic restraints.

Asclepios
09-10-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't believe anyone that attends All Saints would rank their school above the schools you listed, but I do feel that unfortunately students do probably attend the school based on academic and financial circumstances. I will say though that I think alot of the students would rate All Saints equal to or higher than the other schools just as young as them. Name a school that you would highly recommend that has been on IMED only since 2004, I think it would be difficult.

Dr_Implacable
09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't believe anyone that attends All Saints would rank their school above the schools you listed, but I do feel that unfortunately students do probably attend the school based on academic and financial circumstances. I will say though that I think alot of the students would rate All Saints equal to or higher than the other schools just as young as them. Name a school that you would highly recommend that has been on IMED only since 2004, I think it would be difficult.

I agree, for the most part. Comparing schools of the same age, it definitely is growing faster than the rest. For the most part, All Saints is legit and does not lure students with lies like others. I know of other schools that have done many illegal things just to lure students. For example, claiming to have WHO listing before it is even unveiled to the public or chartered government.

When you speak of the other big schools (i.e. SGU, ROSS, etc), of course they are more settled and preferable, but they are not perfect either. I know many problems with them as well.

None-the-less, All Saints is growing. Now U.S. loans are going to start soon, it was the one of the things holding back the school for full potential growth. All other schools of its age have American loans (i.e. they are older than ASUM), but yet ASUM remains to hold its ground among them. What will happen after they get the loans? For the skeptics, watch and see.

As for rumors, there is no truth about many of them. (Almost all of what I've heard even). People love to distract students away from studying.

Truth: All rotations with ASUM are ACGME accredited. There are many transfer students from higher caribbean medical schools and US schools even, that have joined ASUM.

FutureStudent
09-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know this school's USMLE Step 1 pass rate?

Asclepios
09-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I know that not many have done the step 1 but I will try to find out the pass rate. I know that the school is looking into adding the Kaplan course into its 5th semester. I will let you know when I know for sure.:)

sukhtinder
10-15-2006, 10:50 AM
i like the name 'all saints'...pretty cool, ide go there just for the cool name.

Experienced
10-15-2006, 03:08 PM
i like the name 'all saints'...pretty cool, ide go there just for the cool name.

And I bet you're just the kind of student they're seeking....

Dr_Implacable
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM

A person is not accepted according to 'opinions', in any school.

Whether All Saints, or by other names as 'Saint X' school... they seem to be in the same context as adopted by some other schools of the caribbeans. However, names are irrelevant to the quality of a school. Its just a name.

VSR
12-21-2006, 09:42 AM

I might be wrong, but i think this guy is already an MD from Ross :)

Dr_Implacable
12-21-2006, 06:38 PM
I might be wrong, but i think this guy is already an MD from Ross :)

Don't think so.... I'm guessing among one of the schools in the Netherland Antilles.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.