PDA

View Full Version : How many basic sci students in Luton,UK?

bestmedicine
09-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Now that the new semester has started, and the dust cleared, how many students, in total, are attending the Luton,UK campus?

How about in the clinicals? Does anyone know the approximate count of total no. of clinical students still in the program?

Bhoot
10-28-2006, 09:08 PM
I can only answer that the fifth semester that began in May had six students (down from 45 the previous semester). I don't know about the September term.

TAFKA
11-11-2006, 08:55 AM
there are more than 150 (total, ** and CS) accounted for, but certain financial aid sources have been suspended due to PL's embezzling, so it's very difficult to get an accurate count since there are "students" who have been forced to wait for financial aid before returning to classes/clerkships...

empathy
11-11-2006, 09:01 PM
:( He embezzled money from the school? That's beyond sad. Tafka - Do you think he'll return to England and try to open a new school...maybe we've finally seen the last of him.

there are more than 150 (total, ** and CS) accounted for, but certain financial aid sources have been suspended due to PL's embezzling, so it's very difficult to get an accurate count since there are "students" who have been forced to wait for financial aid before returning to classes/clerkships...

highway
11-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Well seeing as he still technically owns both the Senegal and Belize versions and the current students don't question that he has no reason to return. He gets his tuition money and can carry on living his life so why visit?

:( He embezzled money from the school? That's beyond sad. Tafka - Do you think he'll return to England and try to open a new school...maybe we've finally seen the last of him.

empathy
11-12-2006, 11:34 AM
That's not really true. He was the owner and founder of St. Christopher's College of Medicine...everyone knows that. What Senegal did was take out a corp. license under the name of the new school, rent a building down the street and claim they fired the president. That's widely known. There have been debates and some say they stold the school from him. But, I think the charter holder should have the final say. No charter - No school. Senegal didn't 'fire the president' but they did take their charter agreement back. Leaving the old admin scrabbling for a charter at a moment's notice. So, out of desperation, he went to Belize and managed to stay afloat for a while which is why there were two St. Christopher's. He has no ownership in the new St. Chris Senegal and I think the Belize thing fell through at least in England. My question is....will he return to England with a new charter and open back up his school -- St. Christopher's College of Medicine. They said when they closed that they would reopen in England in a new location. He renewed the corp. license for his school St. Christopher's College of Medicine in 2006. See the sunbiz.org website. He must have plans for something.

Well seeing as he still technically owns both the Senegal and Belize versions and the current students don't question that he has no reason to return. He gets his tuition money and can carry on living his life so why visit?

Milrinone
11-13-2006, 11:22 AM
That's not really true. He was the owner and founder of St. Christopher's College of Medicine...everyone knows that. What Senegal did was take out a corp. license under the name of the new school, rent a building down the street and claim they fired the president. That's widely known. There have been debates and some say they stold the school from him. But, I think the charter holder should have the final say. No charter - No school. Senegal didn't 'fire the president' but they did take their charter agreement back. Leaving the old admin scrabbling for a charter at a moment's notice. So, out of desperation, he went to Belize and managed to stay afloat for a while which is why there were two St. Christopher's. He has no ownership in the new St. Chris Senegal and I think the Belize thing fell through at least in England. My question is....will he return to England with a new charter and open back up his school -- St. Christopher's College of Medicine. They said when they closed that they would reopen in England in a new location. He renewed the corp. license for his school St. Christopher's College of Medicine in 2006. See the sunbiz.org website. He must have plans for something.

I just can't believe that guy is not in jail! I read in the forums that he was trying to open a Med school in Costa Rica. Do you know his relatioship with F.S.?

empathy
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Nope not going to jail. Heíll rebuild Iím sure. I donít know if you know him personally but he is extremely intelligent, focused and driven. Nothing can stop him.

I donít know how he and F.S. came to know each other. But I will say that I've never read anything negative about F.S. Iím assuming they met in Naples but you know what they say when you assume. It all seems to link back to Naples in one way or another. Even the Cleveland Clinic has a branch there.

Cleveland Clinic Florida (http://www.clevelandclinic.org/florida/)

I just can't believe that guy is not in jail! I read in the forums that he was trying to open a Med school in Costa Rica. Do you know his relatioship with F.S.?

highway
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
I'd agree - accept not if he owns the Senegelese school....

empathy
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry but I don't follow?

I'd agree - accept not if he owns the Senegelese school....

SOAP
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM

First, let me give my history and how I know the facts (verifiable) that I'm stating. I'm a 4th yr med student at Ross who transfered from SCCM. I am currently owed 18K plus legal expenses by SCIMD for which I hired a lawyer to recover. When the Senegal and FS coup occured I didn't hesitate and transfered to Ross, I had just received my passing step 1 score but had paid 2 rotations in advance to FS. After several failed attempts I called PL directly to get my transcript sent to ROSS and as promised it was there in three days. Dont be confused I am not a fan of PL or FS but after reading this S#!T I felt the blame needed to be placed where deserved. Through my lawyer I have come to learn that FS and the Senegal gang tried to extort PL resulting in the law suit PL vs. FS, SCIMD in the state of NJ. Through financial documents filed with the court FS disbursed all the money in the Wachovia account (the main school account) to himself and the other owners. Everyone except for FS returned the funds. This resulted in 80% of the students due tuition refunds receiving them and the school paying its vendors (according to Mr. Johnson at the attorneys generals office in NJ). The financial information was also provided to TERI as many students still due tuition refunds complained to them.

THE BOTTOM LINE: All the students would have received their refunds if FS had returned his fund also but to this date he refuses to. I assume (not verifiable) that he used the funds to start the parallel school. So it's FS fault that the school will NOT get TERI ever again and as I see it FS embezzled the funds since PL returned the funds he received. To verify these facts you can have your lawyer (like my lawyer did) contact:

Hon. ****** Lyons
Union County Court House
2 Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07207

or have your lawyer contact PL's lawyer who will provide you with the copies of this documentation filed with the court. His name is Mr. Robert Jeney, located in Scotch Plains, NJ. Easy enough to locate as I don't have his contact information. FS's lawyer Alan Trachtman, ESQ, 61 Broadway, NY, NY refused to supply us any documentation but defended FS.

Since I know the student that made this post (and he knows me) I'm disappointed that he didn't do his own research and just repeated what he's been fed, especially after SCIMD claims he scored in the 99% on step 1.

empathy
11-14-2006, 02:29 PM
NOW I've read something negative about F.S.

P.L. returned the money...pretty cool!!!

:dancepar:

SOAP
11-15-2006, 12:00 PM
NOW I've read something negative about F.S.

P.L. returned the money...pretty cool!!!

:dancepar:

If you want to hear anything negative about FS just speak with any student trying to get a transcript, dean's letter, refund, or just plain information. I guess that's what happens when an accountant is president of a medical school.

empathy
11-15-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm actually sad to hear this news about FS. It would have been cool if they had come out with the whole truth after the BBC report instead of claiming the report was false and saying they were suing them. I think they could have salvaged something if they had worked with the authorities at that point.

The saddest part is that they threw away a real opportunity. They had an awesome idea and if they had gone about building the school honestly then everyone would have supported and admired them. They would have had all the respect, wealth and status they are so desperately seeking. I've learned a lot by watching all of this unfold.

If you want to hear anything negative about FS just speak with any student trying to get a transcript, dean's letter, refund, or just plain information. I guess that's what happens when an accountant is president of a medical school.

stevejohnson
11-22-2006, 08:19 PM

SOAP
11-23-2006, 11:04 AM
About 50 in UK and 50 in clinical.

Warming to all St. Chris grads (current Residents) and students, got this from several different sources by email in the past week.

Current Residents

I graduated from SCCM in 2003 and I am finishing up my Residency now. I will be applying for a license soon and need to get transcripts, etc for FCVS. When I called the Hicksville , LI office of SCIMD, I was told that when I graduated, SCCM was not Chartered & therefore not recognized, so they could not provide me or FCVS with any info. WHAT??!?! I sat for and passed USMLE Step I, Step II CS & CK, Step III & have been working w/a residency license for several years now. How can it be that my school was not Chartered when I graduated???? I called PL & he told me that is simply not true. If it were true, I would have never been able to sit for USMLE exams. The SCIMD office and FS has refused to provide me w/ any of my records.

I have 2 other friends in the same position, they were told the same exact thing. They are the reason I called the Hicksville office.

Then, there are the residents that are now faced with possibly not getting licensed because SCIMD has not filled out the proper paperwork in certain states to keep their degrees accepted in X state current.

I strongly suggest every single working resident that graduated from SCCM (any year) IMMEDIATELY contact FS & request your transcripts etc. if you ever want to get a license to practice medicine. Then contact FCVS and begin an application to secure your records. FCVS will have to contact FS directly to get official records but you should get a copy for yourself first.

Current Students

My cousin and her boyfriend are about to graduate from SCIMD. Both did all of their coursework under SCCM & the last few rotations under the SCIMD school. Both were told by FS today that since SCIMD is a new school, they have to pay for the rotations they did under SCCM in order for SCIMD to accept them. Sounds crazy right? No, you did not read that incorrectly. They are being asked to pay AGAIN (as they paid once for the rotations under the SCCM name). They were not asked to re-pay for basic sciences, just the rotations. It was supposed to be the same school, different name. Then it was supposed to be a transfer. Now, it seems to be something totally different.

I strongly suggest students get their transcript copies. Even start an FCVS file now or be sure if you transferred, your school can keep your transcripts official. Do you have faith in the current Admin. to be available in a few years when you graduate?Are you willing to take that chance?

Guess we all know why the third years student (now partner) JF is driving around in a new Mercedes. Wow, he fooled us all with that " I'm doning this for the students [email protected]%T"

http://www.valuemd.com/images/misc/progress.gif

potential
11-25-2006, 02:47 PM
best wishes

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 06:24 PM
OMG that is so cool

well done... for passing step 1 getting into ross and gettin money :D
kewl

First, let me give my history and how I know the facts (verifiable) that I'm stating. I'm a 4th yr med student at Ross who transfered from SCCM. I am currently owed 18K plus legal expenses by SCIMD for which I hired a lawyer to recover. When the Senegal and FS coup occured I didn't hesitate and transfered to Ross, I had just received my passing step 1 score but had paid 2 rotations in advance to FS. After several failed attempts I called PL directly to get my transcript sent to ROSS and as promised it was there in three days. Dont be confused I am not a fan of PL or FS but after reading this S#!T I felt the blame needed to be placed where deserved. Through my lawyer I have come to learn that FS and the Senegal gang tried to extort PL resulting in the law suit PL vs. FS, SCIMD in the state of NJ. Through financial documents filed with the court FS disbursed all the money in the Wachovia account (the main school account) to himself and the other owners. Everyone except for FS returned the funds. This resulted in 80% of the students due tuition refunds receiving them and the school paying its vendors (according to Mr. Johnson at the attorneys generals office in NJ). The financial information was also provided to TERI as many students still due tuition refunds complained to them.

THE BOTTOM LINE: All the students would have received their refunds if FS had returned his fund also but to this date he refuses to. I assume (not verifiable) that he used the funds to start the parallel school. So it's FS fault that the school will NOT get TERI ever again and as I see it FS embezzled the funds since PL returned the funds he received. To verify these facts you can have your lawyer (like my lawyer did) contact:

Hon. ****** Lyons
Union County Court House
2 Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07207

or have your lawyer contact PL's lawyer who will provide you with the copies of this documentation filed with the court. His name is Mr. Robert Jeney, located in Scotch Plains, NJ. Easy enough to locate as I don't have his contact information. FS's lawyer Alan Trachtman, ESQ, 61 Broadway, NY, NY refused to supply us any documentation but defended FS.

Since I know the student that made this post (and he knows me) I'm disappointed that he didn't do his own research and just repeated what he's been fed, especially after SCIMD claims he scored in the 99% on step 1.

stevejohnson
11-30-2006, 09:23 AM
. Through my lawyer I have come to learn that FS and the Senegal gang tried to extort PL resulting in the law suit PL vs. FS, SCIMD in the state of NJ.

Through financial documents filed with the court FS disbursed all the money in the Wachovia account (the main school account) to himself and the other owners. Everyone except for FS returned the funds. This resulted in 80% of the students due tuition refunds receiving them and the school paying its vendors (according to Mr. Johnson at the attorneys generals office in NJ). The financial information was also provided to TERI as many students still due tuition refunds complained to them.

Both PL and FS embezzled TERI funds. The president of TERI knows about this.

maximillian genossa
11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
This is one of the most exciting dramas I ever seen in my life, real life drama I mean. I could never imagine that this kind of stuff could actually happen.

SOAP
11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Both PL and FS embezzled TERI funds. The president of TERI knows about this.

I'm sure PL and FS are guilty of may things and that may have been TERI's original view but the documentation filed in the courts shows something completely different. Like I said get your attorney to contact anyone I listed in my original post and the documentation will shock you......

stevejohnson
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm sure PL and FS are guilty of may things and that may have been TERI's original view but the documentation filed in the courts shows something completely different. Like I said get your attorney to contact anyone I listed in my original post and the documentation will shock you......

They will never get TERI again for being greedy and taking advantage of their students.

Azrealist
11-30-2006, 05:26 PM
They will never get TERI again for being greedy and taking advantage of their students.

so are you the president of TERI and make these decisions? NO??? then thanks for usefull post with no facts... solid work

Point out any for profit business (which ALL carrib schools and SCIMD are) that isn't greedy or trys to make as much $ as possible...

give your head a shake...

AUCMD2006
11-30-2006, 06:40 PM
This is one of the most exciting dramas I ever seen in my life, real life drama I mean. I could never imagine that this kind of stuff could actually happen.

weren't you around for arthu-r a-nderson, MCI, and enron?

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.