PDA

View Full Version : Food and stuff!!!

RAVINDERDHIMAN
08-28-2006, 05:43 AM
I was just wondering if college covers food expense if somebody is stayin in school housing, or is it provided in school housing.

GirlyGirl
08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Very, very few places actually have a meal plan available. Most places do not cover the cost of food. I heard of one place last semester, but everyone I know (and I know a lot of people) had to pay for their own food.

Peace in Afghanistan

MDXRS22
08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
That's correct!

Many places you will be staying will not offer you any meal plan. It's up to you to cook or buy food at the stores, or my favorite, the woman across the street from West Campus, or that man, Mr. Singh. He usually came at 1200 and 5000 PM in a loaded white car. You can call him too, and he will bring the food to your dorm. The lady prepares food on demand for students coming to the lab or library on Saturdays and Sundays. Just know the schedules, and you will be fine.

lotus24
08-28-2006, 01:45 PM
What types of food do Mr. Singh and people nearby deliver? Is it Indian food? Please reply. Thanks.

MDXRS22
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Mr. Singh delivers Indian food and whatever you may want from out side what he usually cooks.
His food is quite good. I was not used to Indian food until I tasted his food. Though most of my college mates where Indians or Indian descent.

For other food, you can always order from the Guyanese woman across the street. His food is the cleanest on our side of the Island. She will give you her number, and you can pick your food at the library.

There is another local, a woman, by the fence of the west campus entrance. She is good too, but I found her too expensive. It's just a matter of 13 EC Vs 10 EC for the same type of food. Here, you want so save every dime you can. It's up to you to decide then!

RAVINDERDHIMAN
08-28-2006, 04:06 PM
thanks guys for your helpso i will see you guys on 1st ;)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.