PDA

View Full Version : Antigua Hotels

JuicyFruit
08-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I will be landing on the 30th of August and will not have housing till the 1st. I was just wondering does anyone know any good and affordable hotels both close to the airport and/or school? Any experiences with the Grande Royal Antiguan (lowest cost per night as of yet - 90$)? Please let me know as I still have to book:shock:.

Thank You

aedmd2b
08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Try the Cortsland Hotel. It is just about a 10 min walk to school and lots of students live there. Here is their contact info. Let me know how it goes.

Cortsland Hotel Address: Upper Gambles

Phone: (1-268) 462-1395
Fax: (1-268) 462-1699
E-Mail Address: [email protected] ([email protected]) Categories: Hotels and motels

aedmd2b
08-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Where do you live in the states are you comming for med or pre med and which semester will you begin. Also, do you know what type of medicine you want to practice?

JuicyFruit
08-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi,

I am actually flying in from Toronto Canada. I am a transfer student and I have been accepted into modified premed 4. As for the type of medicine I want to practice - I have not really made up my mind till now. I have had a lot of exposure to pathology, so lets see how things go. Thanks for the hotel info, I will look into it.

:)

sreec
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
A cheap place close to the airport is Beachcomber Hotel. My parents stayed there when I first started at AUA.

alifk007
08-23-2006, 09:45 PM
I was accepted more then a week ago,, but I still havn't received the welcome packet. we pay 75 dollars application fees, and 700 dollars for housing and to hold the spot, expect to see welcome packet at least after a week if not overnight, but it didn't happen. Which is why I have to come to this forum and ask you experts all the questions... such as when is the orientation or when is the last day of the semester so I can book my flight according to that. I only have a week before I leave the state but still not sure what Immunization records I need to bring, or what to bring, what not to bring. Oh, one other thing, Ross pay for the hotels for first semester students until they get them the housing, and when I asked at the NY office about my housing, they said it will not be ready until sep 1st, but my flight was booked for aug 31st. And they said I have to pay for the hotel. Anyway, I know this school is new and it will be a awesome carribbean med school in the future but they have to take care these issues first.

JuicyFruit
08-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi again,

If I decide not to make reservations online. Do you think that I can walk into a hotel and get a vacancy the morning I land?

Thank You again:)

aedmd2b
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
You probably could walk up and get a room at Courtsland but it still would better to call them and get a reservation from what I understand they don't require a credit card to hold the room. Also I look forward to meeting as we will be classmates I am going into the 4th semester this term. What school did you transfer from?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.