PDA

View Full Version : Are there any European students at AUA?

s0s
08-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Or anyone else who come from a country with different educational system? Are they doing well at AUA? What about language skills, will it "mean" I'm ready if I pass a Toefl test (enough to understand what the prof. say)?

future student
Sweden

floridagirl
08-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi! I can't answer your question...so i won't be much help but just wanted to say that my best friend is from Sweden! So I hope you attend! Goodluck!

Stace

Or anyone else who come from a country with different educational system? Are they doing well at AUA? What about language skills, will it "mean" I'm ready if I pass a Toefl test (enough to understand what the prof. say)?

future student
Sweden

mardi_gras
08-18-2006, 08:56 PM

future student
Sweden

I don't know if passing a TOEFL exam will be good enough for med school classes, but it might not get you past Step 2 CS. They used to make foreign med students take a TOEFL exam to be certified, but they have replaced it with the CS, which is harder to pass than a TOEFL exam.

s0s
08-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi! I can't answer your question...so i won't be much help but just wanted to say that my best friend is from Sweden! So I hope you attend! Goodluck!

Stace

thanks, that surely gave me some hope!

s0s
08-19-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't know if passing a TOEFL exam will be good enough for med school classes, but it might not get you past Step 2 CS. They used to make foreign med students take a TOEFL exam to be certified, but they have replaced it with the CS, which is harder to pass than a TOEFL exam.

Do americans have difficults passing Step 2 CS? Most of it seems to be an evaluation of the communication between doctor and patient, I guess using an "every day" talk should be adequate to pass. English has been mandatory in Sweden as a secondary language and hopefully my years at the school will prepare me even more for this step, especially if I do some extra premed :shock:

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.