PDA

View Full Version : Lodz

TrustMeImaDoc
08-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Anyone heading to Lodz this fall?

Reesesw130
08-28-2006, 05:01 PM
hello. i am heaading to Lodz in about a month. I need to information about local environment.

msucby
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
URGENT- RSVP ASAP

Does any1 know if Lodz 4 year MD is recognised by the GMC. I thought all EU MD courses were, but have been told to the contrary.

Lodz have offered me a place on the 4 yr MD so any help is muchos appreciated.

Miklos
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
URGENT- RSVP ASAP

Does any1 know if Lodz 4 year MD is recognised by the GMC. I thought all EU MD courses were, but have been told to the contrary.

Lodz have offered me a place on the 4 yr MD so any help is muchos appreciated.

Contact the GMC directly either by phone or e-mail. Do not trust information from a source like this forum for something that important.

msucby
08-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks 4 the advice, I'm actually awaiting a reply from them. However it would be good to hear from others especially those studying at Lodz.

Contact the GMC directly either by phone or e-mail. Do not trust information from a source like this forum for something that important.

msucby
09-01-2006, 05:52 PM
In correspondance with the GMC they have stated that they recognise Lodz:

In general, the General Medical Council (GMC) regards most primary medical qualifications obtained from schools listed on the World Health Organisation (WHO) directory of medical schools as acceptable for the purposes of registration with the GMC. For more information please refer to the following page on our website

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/join_the_register/registration/acceptable_primary_medical_qualification.asp (http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/join_the_register/registration/acceptable_primary_medical_qualification.asp)

Currently, we accept primary medical qualifications from Lodz Akademia Medyczna in Poland, for the purposes of registration.

Please note, the GMC may exclude the primary medical qualifications from any school listed on the WHO directory at any time.
1st email from the GMC.

And also that that the 4 year MD course also leads to primary medical qualification:

....At present, the GMC does not specify a distinction between the 4 year and 6 year medical degree program from Lodz Akademia Medyczna in Poland...
2nd email from GMC

Yet Lodz indicated that I may have to do a USMLE to register in the UK (for the ppl doing the 4 year MD only). V. confusing, will try and clarify.

(Note six year course is recognised by EU etc).

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.