PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Clinicals

SweetAngel
08-11-2006, 08:31 PM
I would like to know if there are any students currently doing their rotations in Atlanta. Please give some info on your experiences. Are they ACGME affiliated? And can you do all your rotations (both core and electives) in Atlanta without having to move to another state? How long does it take to place students at the rotations, and how long is the waiting period before the next rotation begins? What states can we do residency and what states can we be licensed in?

bestmedicine
09-09-2006, 03:22 PM
It's been sometime since the last posting regarding the clincals in Atlant,GA area!

I was under the impression that there are a LOT of students doing clinicals in Atlanta,GA, Chicago, IL, and YOungstown, OH.

If there are students in Atlanta, GA, can any of u enlighten us regarding clinicals down in the South? Can one do all of the cores as well as the electives in Atlanta,GA? How about Chicago, IL and Youngstown,OH?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Myrmaid17
09-09-2006, 11:16 PM
I would like to know if there are any students currently doing their rotations in Atlanta. Please give some info on your experiences. Are they ACGME affiliated? And can you do all your rotations (both core and electives) in Atlanta without having to move to another state? How long does it take to place students at the rotations, and how long is the waiting period before the next rotation begins? What states can we do residency and what states can we be licensed in?

I'm not an Xavier student but I am in Atlanta and I go through the same group that they do.

Yes, all rotations in Atlanta will be verified as greenbook.

You can do everything in Atlanta without moving.

Placement does not take too long and generally there is no wait in between rotations unless you want a break.

As far as residency and licensure goes, I would refer you to look at specific programs and the medical boards of individual states. That information would be more accurate than you would get from a forum.

Hope this helps.

EthanHunter
09-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Are those rotations from GMC group? Is it truth that u doing most of ur rotations in private clinic instead teaching hospitals? I know they list Emory, Delkad, and moorehouse as some of the locations, but rarely any students get to rotate there. Hw are they going to make sure that ur rotation are AGME approved?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.