PDA

View Full Version : urgent - what loans are AUA students eligible for??

scottiedog
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
can anyone summarize which loans one is eligible for at AUA?

how about?

TERI

HealthExpress

International Student Loan Program

thank you very much!!!

aedmd2b
08-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah they are eligible for Nellie Mae, Health Express as well as Teri but you have to wait until you get your EN. Keep calling Fin Aid and get your EN as soon as possible so you can go on and apply for the loans.

AEDMD2B
AUA 3rd semester/term
December cometh and I am off this rock.

RAVINDERDHIMAN
08-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah they are eligible for Nellie Mae, Health Express as well as Teri but you have to wait until you get your EN. Keep calling Fin Aid and get your EN as soon as possible so you can go on and apply for the loans.

AEDMD2B
AUA 3rd semester/term
December cometh and I am off this rock.

How long does loan approval takes??

hws1325
08-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Loan approval can be quickly processed if you are preapproved and/or if you have a cosigner who also submits the required documents in a timely manner. Then, the minute you are confirmed and your loan is accepted, the school receives notification. In general, when everything is done on your part correctly, much of the rest is electronic and does not delay the process. But, continually check on the status of your loan. I had problems where certain fields in the application were incorrect because of typing errors and that delayed my application from june to just this early august because nellie mae had to send out communications to me, i needed to decipher what it is they actually needed, had to call them, and some other issues that are not helpful when you are applying for this much money.

But I feel like all of the application and the supplementary forms could have been filled out in 2 weeks or even shorter if you decide to expedite and priority those correspondences in the mail.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.