PDA

View Full Version : How long has AUA been around?

Just Thinkin'
08-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Heya everyone, I'm new to all of this. I was hoping someone could help me out. From the AUA website it says something like since 2001? But IMED stated 2004. Did AUA begin as a med school in 2004?:confused: Can it get approval in NYC in like 2 years?

Additionally, what does it mean by approval if no one has applied for residency or licensing yet? Or have they had graduates already and I just have the wrong date of establishment?:rolleyes:
Thanks.

sreec
08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
I think AUA opened its doors in January 2004. That makes us the youngest medical school by far to get accreditation by the state of New York. We have one graduate. I'm sure that he/she will apply for residency, shortly :p.

dr2004usa
08-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Heya everyone, I'm new to all of this. I was hoping someone could help me out. From the AUA website it says something like since 2001? But IMED stated 2004. Did AUA begin as a med school in 2004?:confused: Can it get approval in NYC in like 2 years?

Additionally, what does it mean by approval if no one has applied for residency or licensing yet? Or have they had graduates already and I just have the wrong date of establishment?:rolleyes:
Thanks.
Plans started in 2001 , then 2004 classes began.

Accredittion for NY means that the school can place the students in clinicals for more than 12 weeks.
And probably residency, but I believe that any IMED school graduate can apply for residency and definetly license in NY.
The first graduate among the others soon to follow transfered to AUA.

det310
08-05-2006, 06:06 PM
What about Illinois, and Michigan.. is it approved in thei states?

dr2004usa
08-05-2006, 06:12 PM
These states have are friendly approach with FMG. AUA offers clinicals in CHicago and soon will in MI. THe only States that have an approval process :
CA, NY, FL, NJ ( AUA is alreeady working on last too). you can't practice in KS before 2018.

jameslynton
08-05-2006, 06:15 PM
What about Illinois, and Michigan.. is it approved in thei states?Yes - these states follow what most states do - passing step scores and cert'd clinical rotations. Ohio is a bit different you have to pass the Step 1 the first time for residency - but that goes for any school - US, European, Asiaian or Island school. Why Ohio and NY are important is between those two schools are 35-39% of all residences that are FMG friendly. So be all over the mid-west when it comes to residency. Kansas has a 15 year school rule. Indiana has all Island schools but Saba is banned there don't know the story. Texas is case by case for island schools except Ross which is automatic - just like a US school.

det310
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I understand, now if i start attending AUA in September, can I still practice in Florida, since AUA is working for getting approval in Florida? Thanks for your help.

drforlife
08-05-2006, 07:07 PM
You can not only practice there, but also do residency. The approval just make it easier for the school to have clinicals .. from what I understand. even without it you can do it as a visiting student...

det310
08-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I understand, and this rule only applies to states that need special approva, correct? Like Michigan, Illinios, Arizona, Ohio should be fine I am guessing.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.