PDA

View Full Version : St. Chris liquidation information online

azskeptic
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/1483f8831ac23b163c55c2dfc6ba7c3a/compdetails

microphage
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
i need to buy a few scutmonkeys for my 4th year....

tanisha
08-04-2006, 03:02 PM
i need to buy a few scutmonkeys for my 4th year....

why would you want to deal with this school in any way shape or form, even if that does mean buying "scutmonkeys"? Is the school still even open and existing?

TAFKA
08-05-2006, 09:09 AM
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/1483f8831ac23b163c55c2dfc6ba7c3a/compdetailsthis information is 2 months old and pertains to a private business that is no longer associated with the school

azskeptic
08-05-2006, 09:15 AM
this information is 2 months old and pertains to a private business that is no longer associated with the school Two months isn't old material. However, I understand from reliable sources that more information on the whole situation is coming. Keep on valuemd to see it when it is released.

TAFKA
08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Two months isn't old material. However, I understand from reliable sources that more information on the whole situation is coming. Keep on valuemd to see it when it is released.alternatively, the SCIMD students/graduates can browse through the two-month-old posts on the student forum. non-students/graduates who are eagerly awaiting two-month-old news on former business contacts of a medical school that they didn't attend would probably be better advised to get a girlfriend or a hobby than staying tuned to valuemd...

AUCMD2006
08-05-2006, 09:53 AM
alternatively, the SCIMD students/graduates can browse through the two-month-old posts on the student forum. non-students/graduates who are eagerly awaiting two-month-old news on former business contacts of a medical school that they didn't attend would probably be better advised to get a girlfriend or a hobby than staying tuned to valuemd...

why this is more entertaining less of a headache and less expensive than either option above?

TAFKA
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM
why this is more entertaining less of a headache and less expensive than either option above?touche....

md2011
08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
this information is 2 months old and pertains to a private business that is no longer associated with the school

TAFKA is 2006 Model of an OLD car known as "bts4202"...hehehehehehehe

TAFKA
08-06-2006, 01:13 PM
TAFKA is 2006 Model of an OLD car known as "bts4202"...hehehehehehehei don't really get your joke... he and i were in the same class at SC and we both joined valuemd within a couple of months of one another... perhaps our messages are similar because we're both grateful to SC because we've scored extremely highly on our licensure exams and have secured competitive residency positions... he just eventually gave up posting on valuemd because it's saturated with people like you constantly patting eachother on the back for attacking a school you don't attend... what you don't realize is that your medical career - or lack thereof - will be dependant upon your personality, your intelligence, and your academic/professional performance - NOT on which school or nation charged you a quarter of a million dollars to prove that you're subpar in all three...

blythplace
08-06-2006, 08:39 PM
what you don't realize is that your medical career - or lack thereof - will be dependant upon your personality, your intelligence, and your academic/professional performance - NOT on which school or nation charged you a quarter of a million dollars to prove that you're subpar in all three...

What a burn.
Tafka: +1

Milrinone
08-07-2006, 08:14 AM
why would you want to deal with this school in any way shape or form, even if that does mean buying "scutmonkeys"? Is the school still even open and existing?

The school is still open :rolleyes:

pruritis_ani
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
i don't really get your joke... he and i were in the same class at SC and we both joined valuemd within a couple of months of one another... perhaps our messages are similar because we're both grateful to SC because we've scored extremely highly on our licensure exams and have secured competitive residency positions... he just eventually gave up posting on valuemd because it's saturated with people like you constantly patting eachother on the back for attacking a school you don't attend... what you don't realize is that your medical career - or lack thereof - will be dependant upon your personality, your intelligence, and your academic/professional performance - NOT on which school or nation charged you a quarter of a million dollars to prove that you're subpar in all three...
Are you serious? First, BTS left because he was humiliated by the whole deal with Senegal and the dodgy "business partner". He defended that man for years, and defended your shady school as well. After looking foolish one too many times, he bailed.

Second, if you are trying to say that your school doesn't matter, you are WRONG. Even for you, in your "competitive residency", your school WILL limit you. St Chris has zero outside recognition, and several states that will not recognize grads from this school. Additionally, you can only guess what will happen in the future, and what the fallout will be in terms of licensing. To assume that all will be well is idiotic.

The problem that remains for you and all of your SC cohorts is that no matter how well you do, many doors are closed. Even those that were open in the past may well now be closed due to the whole fiasco that SC is. So, the fact remains....a 99 on step 1 and a rads residency still don't mean squat in a large part of the US. Your degree will follow you, and it WILL limit you.

Please, do not try to claim that SC will put you on equal footing with the better more established schools. Do not come on here and try to fill us with the standard ** that all that matters is how the individual does. It is simply NOT the case.

A degree from SC will limit anybody who attends or attended there, regardless of any personal perfomance, anywhere. Your personality and academic performance CANNOT compensate for a crappy school choice.

md2011
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Thank You Pruritis Ani.

All I was saying is this that "TAFKA" is singing the same Crap song about this CRAP School which "BTA4202" was singing to make few dollars from the owners of this CRAP school on the expance of PROSPECT new students. Now poor BTS4202 has disappeared for good and left some CRAPY people like TAFKA to sing the same old CRAP.

Bhoot
10-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Yes, despite the detractors, the school is still open, its students are still in clinicals in both the US AND the UK, and its students are getting licensed. As a latecomer to all of the drama, both at the school on this forum, I can say that it is only by the dedication of some very motivated students who saved a student body with excellent instructors from complete oblivion at the hands of a greedy and dishonest BUSINESS manager. Why do I point this out? Yes, potential students to any offshore school should check it out and make sure of the program. That would be the ACADEMIC program. As a former SCCM student who transferred to Ross during this mess, I can tell you that our transfer students did as well or better than our Ross counterparts. Our education is not the deficiency, which seems to be the focus of detractors and self-appointed advocates who are trying to shut down the offshore option. The need for regulation of these medical schools is on the business side. However, that is unlikely to happen, considering we have a president in office who allows his cronies to embezzle and de-fraud its employees in a huge AMERICAN company (Enron). I would love to see PL totally accountable, humbled, and have to pay for the chaos and stress he caused to over 400 students due to his dishonesty and greed. Of course, then I have to depend on the US Judicial system.......(and that is another soapbox I will not get up on)

pruritis_ani
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
The point has never been that SC academics are poor, or anything of that nature. The point has ALWAYS been that SC is an unproven business model, operating outside of the country of charter with no recognition outside of Senegal. That alone puts students and grads at risk, regardless of the quality of education.

I have no doubt that the school will continue to enroll several hundred suckers a year, that likely could not get in anywhere else. I have no doubt that a few states at least will remain open to SC grads. But, the fact is, that for now and the foreseeable future, SC grads are at best severely limited by the degree they possess.

empathy
10-24-2006, 11:34 PM
You can't blame everything that happened at St. Chris on the owner.

Yes, despite the detractors, the school is still open, its students are still in clinicals in both the US AND the UK, and its students are getting licensed. As a latecomer to all of the drama, both at the school on this forum, I can say that it is only by the dedication of some very motivated students who saved a student body with excellent instructors from complete oblivion at the hands of a greedy and dishonest BUSINESS manager. Why do I point this out? Yes, potential students to any offshore school should check it out and make sure of the program. That would be the ACADEMIC program. As a former SCCM student who transferred to Ross during this mess, I can tell you that our transfer students did as well or better than our Ross counterparts. Our education is not the deficiency, which seems to be the focus of detractors and self-appointed advocates who are trying to shut down the offshore option. The need for regulation of these medical schools is on the business side. However, that is unlikely to happen, considering we have a president in office who allows his cronies to embezzle and de-fraud its employees in a huge AMERICAN company (Enron). I would love to see PL totally accountable, humbled, and have to pay for the chaos and stress he caused to over 400 students due to his dishonesty and greed. Of course, then I have to depend on the US Judicial system.......(and that is another soapbox I will not get up on)

TAFKA
11-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I have no doubt that the school will continue to enroll several hundred suckers a year, that likely could not get in anywhere else.And I have no doubt that those several hundred suckers that likely can't get in elsewhere will continue to outperform their caribbean counterparts... it's just not possible to lure professors of the caliber available in europe to these islands and the early hospital experience also isn't available on these islands... i'm not implying that SC STUDENTS are superior, but all things considered the education potential of the SC MODEL is. why do you think SGU is doing the same thing?

pruritis_ani
11-12-2006, 09:21 AM
And I have no doubt that those several hundred suckers that likely can't get in elsewhere will continue to outperform their caribbean counterparts... it's just not possible to lure professors of the caliber available in europe to these islands and the early hospital experience also isn't available on these islands... i'm not implying that SC STUDENTS are superior, but all things considered the education potential of the SC MODEL is. why do you think SGU is doing the same thing?

please. first of all, i seriously doubt you have access to ANY data which can substantiate your claim that SC students outperform anyone. i am sure that a few of you do well, but i am equally confident that there is no significant difference in pass rates between SC and the lower end carib schools.

second, while the SC model may well provide an opportunity to recruit better instructors, the SC model has already been demonstrated to have serious issues, some real and some potential. so, it seems a bit foolish to go to a school that claims to provide an excellent education, if that education is still unrecognized when you come home.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.