PDA

View Full Version : clinical Rotation students with st.christopher

thatshuge
07-23-2006, 04:41 AM
I am just wondering, what happens to students enrolled with St.Christopher who have passed their step I and are in the middle of their rotations? do they have to redo their step I? or is it ok for them to transfer to another school? are other school accepting them? if yes which school?...please enlighten me.
cheers

teratos
07-23-2006, 09:04 AM
If they took step 1 while SC was still OK, then it is valid, and they can transfer to another school. G

Milrinone
07-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Students that took steps before the school situation are Ok. At the moment st.chrisIMD is able to sit for all the usmle's. the ecfmg allows them. many students stayed in the school and some left. (mayority of us stuedents stayed)

bestmedicine
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
I have several friends (some of whom passed Step 1, and some didn't) who've gotten tired of the St. Chris mess, and have moved on to various schools, such as Ross (Ross takes transfers from St. Chris with or without Step 1) If one passed Step 1, some of them were able to transfer clinical credits bcz they've rotated at the same hospital as Ross students, and some of them did not get credit for their rotations. For those who've finished 5th semester from St. Chris, and didn't take Step 1 or didn't pass, they have to repeat 5th semester in Miami with Ross.

Some have tranferred to various other schools such as St. Matthew's, St. George's, MUA, etc....

You might want to call the schools to get specific information.

From what my friends have told me, majority of students didn't stay....only those who are stuck with St. Chris stayed....many of moved on...

azskeptic
08-10-2006, 06:06 PM
I have several friends (some of whom passed Step 1, and some didn't) who've gotten tired of the St. Chris mess, and have moved on to various schools, such as Ross (Ross takes transfers from St. Chris with or without Step 1) If one passed Step 1, some of them were able to transfer clinical credits bcz they've rotated at the same hospital as Ross students, and some of them did not get credit for their rotations. For those who've finished 5th semester from St. Chris, and didn't take Step 1 or didn't pass, they have to repeat 5th semester in Miami with Ross.

Some have tranferred to various other schools such as St. Matthew's, St. George's, MUA, etc....

You might want to call the schools to get specific information.

From what my friends have told me, majority of students didn't stay....only those who are stuck with St. Chris stayed....many of moved on... There is much misinformation being spread around indeed. Students who have been promised transcripts and still none arrive. Sad case...the band marches on.

stevejohnson
11-22-2006, 08:40 PM
There is much misinformation being spread around indeed. Students who have been promised transcripts and still none arrive. Sad case...the band marches on.

Some of them received their transcripts recently.

SOAP
11-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Some of them received their transcripts recently.

Warming to all St. Chris grads (current Residents) and students, got this from several different sources by email in the past week.

Current Residents

I graduated from SCCM in 2003 and I am finishing up my Residency now. I will be applying for a license soon and need to get transcripts, etc for FCVS. When I called the Hicksville , LI office of SCIMD, I was told that when I graduated, SCCM was not Chartered & therefore not recognized, so they could not provide me or FCVS with any info. WHAT??!?! I sat for and passed USMLE Step I, Step II CS & CK, Step III & have been working w/a residency license for several years now. How can it be that my school was not Chartered when I graduated???? I called PL & he told me that is simply not true. If it were true, I would have never been able to sit for USMLE exams. The SCIMD office and FS has refused to provide me w/ any of my records.

I have 2 other friends in the same position, they were told the same exact thing. They are the reason I called the Hicksville office.

Then, there are the residents that are now faced with possibly not getting licensed because SCIMD has not filled out the proper paperwork in certain states to keep their degrees accepted in X state current.

I strongly suggest every single working resident that graduated from SCCM (any year) IMMEDIATELY contact FS & request your transcripts etc. if you ever want to get a license to practice medicine. Then contact FCVS and begin an application to secure your records. FCVS will have to contact FS directly to get official records but you should get a copy for yourself first.

Current Students

My cousin and her boyfriend are about to graduate from SCIMD. Both did all of their coursework under SCCM & the last few rotations under the SCIMD school. Both were told by FS today that since SCIMD is a new school, they have to pay for the rotations they did under SCCM in order for SCIMD to accept them. Sounds crazy right? No, you did not read that incorrectly. They are being asked to pay AGAIN (as they paid once for the rotations under the SCCM name). They were not asked to re-pay for basic sciences, just the rotations. It was supposed to be the same school, different name. Then it was supposed to be a transfer. Now, it seems to be something totally different.

I strongly suggest students get their transcript copies. Even start an FCVS file now or be sure if you transferred, your school can keep your transcripts official. Do you have faith in the current Admin. to be available in a few years when you graduate?Are you willing to take that chance?

Guess we all know why the third years student (now partner) JF is driving around in a new Mercedes. Wow, he fooled us all with that " I'm doning this for the students [email protected]%T"

stevejohnson
11-24-2006, 06:34 PM

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.