PDA

View Full Version : AUA administration

godlover
07-20-2006, 09:30 PM
How would you rate the overall AUA administration in terms of helping you during the transition from basic sciences to clinical sciences? From a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best and 1 being the worst.

MEDSCHVIEWER
07-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Try calling the office. The only receptive folk in the NYC office is the CEO.

Anthony Brown
07-30-2006, 10:08 AM
It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with the NY office. They have been extremely helpful to me, I appreciate all their help. My interview last Tuesday went great. The lady interviewing me was very nice. Also, any questions I have (and I ask a lot of questions) they clearly answer. I'm now waiting for a letter of acceptance or non-acceptance. Wish me luck!

RAVINDERDHIMAN
07-30-2006, 10:19 AM
i agree as well, as far as admin goes they are doing wonderful job they are really helpful in everyways.

Anthony Brown
07-30-2006, 10:26 AM
i agree as well, as far as admin goes they are doing wonderful job they are really helpful in everyways.
I am glad to hear that you think they are helpful as well. I just hope the clinical affiliations list grows soon. I am impressed by the number of NY sites, but there is not much beyond NY. I hope to see some sites in New Jersey since I live close. I also hope to see CA, TX and North Dakota approvals.

Dr.Azimi
07-30-2006, 10:32 AM
when will the school apply for CanHelp loans

Anthony Brown
07-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm sure they are in the process. AUA is a new school, they can't get everything done overnight and they certainly can't please everyone. Dont forget the saying "Rome wasn't built in a day". Good Luck!

aedmd2b
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Overall I would have to give the administration a 5 right smack dab in the middle. Because you have some people who are great and the other half are well let's say less than competent.

AEDMD2B
AUA 3rd semester/term
December cometh and I am off this rock.

dr2004usa
07-30-2006, 12:22 PM
They need to put competent people in antigua , specially the financial guy. Make our refund checks in US banks and or wire there without any more fees and get rid of the lazzyy people. That's how business get done and I'm sure that N S knows it... he's just not aware of the problems. Also maybe the miami people need to get upgraded and make the FL license and clinicals a reality soooonnn !!!

dr2004usa
07-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Jack, a smart businessman, talks to his son.
Jack: "I want you to marry a girl of my choice."
Son: "I will choose my own bride."
Jack: "But the girl is Bill Gates's daughter."
Son: "Well, in that case...."
Next Jack approaches Bill Gates.
Jack: "I have a husband for your daughter."
Bill Gates: "But my daughter is too young to marry."
Jack: "But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank."
Bill Gates: "Well, in that case...."
Finally Jack goes to see the president of the World Bank.
Jack: "I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president."
President: "But I already have more vice-presidents than I need."
Jack: "But this young man is Bill Gates's son-in-law."
President: "Well, in that case...."
This is how business is done!!

sreec
07-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Right now, I think the administration does a horrible job of preparing us for the transition. We had a candid talk with Dr. B where we outlined all the problems we faced here in Miami and he assured us that all of those problems would be fixed for next semester. NS assured us that changes would be made to the clinical department to ensure better communication. I'm going to hold off on voting till those changes are made.

On a more positive note, our teachers in Antigua did a great job in preparing us for clinicals. Further, our preceptors in Miami's hospitals are excellent teachers as well.

dr2004usa
07-30-2006, 01:00 PM
can you specify what needs to be fixed? thanks.

Mr.Doc
07-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I gave AUA admin. (NY Office) a 7. Overall they are really good, but specific deparments gave me some trouble, when I dealt with them. They're minor problems, no need to fire anyone or anything. Maybe the person in the dept. I dealt with was having a bad day the day I called, but the last time I talked to the person, it was a good one, hopefully that'll continue. I think 7 is really satisfactory, no adminstrations are perfect, AUA comes close and that works for me.

RAVINDERDHIMAN
07-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Right now, I think the administration does a horrible job of preparing us for the transition. We had a candid talk with Dr. B where we outlined all the problems we faced here in Miami and he assured us that all of those problems would be fixed for next semester. NS assured us that changes would be made to the clinical department to ensure better communication. I'm going to hold off on voting till those changes are made.

On a more positive note, our teachers in Antigua did a great job in preparing us for clinicals. Further, our preceptors in Miami's hospitals are excellent teachers as well.

Hi sree what exactly are the problems you guys facing or have faced in past. would appretiate your response.

mardi_gras
07-30-2006, 07:50 PM
First of all, the survey asked how well the administration helps with the transition from Basic Sciences to Clinical Sciences. I do agree that with every aspect, some of the administration is great and some of it sucks. However, when I left Miami to prepare for and take Step 1, and then to start clinicals, the administration sucked in the assistance department. To quote the clinical coordinator at that time: "All students have to go to Atlanta and work with GMCGroup. They take care of everything so I don't have to do any work, and you can do all of your clinicals there." I also have an email from the clinical coordinator stating that not all of GMCGroup's hospitals are green book. So, now that AUA's president pulled his lovely thing about GMCGroup, I have little respect for anything they say in the NY office.

Our class has been AUA's 'guinea pig' class. They test out everything on our class. When it doesn't work, they fix it for everyone after us. They promise us that they will fix things for our class, and they never do. They screwed us in our pharmacology class, our ICM class, and now in clinicals. They pulled us out of clinicals in the blink of an eye, and then had the nerve to tell us that they didn't have anywhere to put us for at least several weeks. Additionally, in the last year and a half, tuition has increased from $7500 a semester to $10-thousand-some. We were told that our class would not have to pay the first tuition increase, and guess what, that didn't hold true. And considering that some students will be finishing their clinicals in the spring, the school has refused to give us ANY information about a graduation.

AUA has provided me with a great education. I transferred into Basic Sciences and I am very happy that I did, for the education. For the students after the first class, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want to go to AUA. But for my class, we got royally screwed and that keeps happening. I completely understand that the first class is going to have a bit of a bumpy ride and that there are growing pains with all new schools, but the school has done nothing to try to make it up to us. You finally get over one headache and you start to respect the school again, and then you get something else dumped on and you are right back where you started.

Please do not decide not to choose AUA because of this post. As I said, I have received an excellent education and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I am simply stating my experiences with how well the administration helps the students. Some people are absolute jerks when you call them, and others are great. Some will refuse to talk to you and then will refuse to call you back. Some will not return emails. Some will make you angry again and again and again. And then others actually want to talk to you and help you, and realize that you are a person, and a student, and a future physician, and NOT just another $10,000 every 4 months. I am very mad about the situation that the school has put its clinical students in, and their outright refusal to listen to us and to fix it. The president got so busy trying to make the Antigua campus ready for the NY state site visit, and he completely forgot (whether accidentally or intentionally) about his clinical students, and now he has a lot of people very angry with him. I have talked to numerous people through this site who wanted to transfer or to apply to AUA and wanted information, and this is what I get in return.

So, all in all, don't make the decision not to attend AUA because of what I have said here. Things will be much better for you. Things get better and better all the time. I mean, the school started with 1 building and now there are several, and I've heard there are plans to build a completely new place. It is very obvious that a lot of work has gone into this school and it has grown tremendously since it opened 2 1/2 years ago, and I can see that it will only get better. I have doubts that the president will do the right thing in regards to our current situation, but who knows???

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.