PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist's -Whats going on ?

WaitWait
07-18-2006, 11:36 AM
HI I am on the waitlist for 2 israeli schools ,I guess also with some other people here.... anyone know anything about that , when they are finaly going to decide who goes and who stay's :)

student-2
07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Have you called? You don't have that much time.... I think it also slightly depends on the waitlist of other schools, if someone gets into another school and makes way for you.

Blueberry
07-18-2006, 10:29 PM
I know at least one person who is still on the Sackler acceptance list and probably isn't going because she is 95% sure she wants to go to the American school she got into. So you may still have a chance.

ijcMD
07-19-2006, 04:09 PM
One of my friends who was going to be in the class of 2010 at Sackler just got off the waitlist at Rosalind Franklin Medical, so that is where he will be going (since he is from Chicago). So, there should be another spot opening up for you.

WaitWait
07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I called Sackler a few days ago addmissions has still to convene, the secretary said she doesnt have any idea when they are going to make up there minds.I guess they are waiting to see what happens with all the American schools and then....so I might be flying on the sept 3 :(
Has anybody been accepted of any of the waitlists for sackler or the technion yet.

student-2
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Any news wait list people?

WaitWait
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Just got off the phone with Sackler I was told and I quote:
"Our class is full, we did not accept anyone from the wait list" is that for real? or are they just trying to be nice, cause I wish they would be honest. What do you think? Anyone get in off the wait list for Sackler?

ijcMD
08-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Like i said a few weeks ago, one of my friends who had turned in his deposit to Sackler has started M1 at Rosalind Franklin. He told Sackler that he was no longer attending so unless they were still deciding on people (to accept/reject/place on waitlist), someone should have come off the waitlist. This is true unless, which is common at most medical schools, they over-accepted and assumed some students would not attend.

Blueberry
08-01-2006, 11:14 AM
well I know my friend decided to go to sackler, so her place did not open up. I think they have more students than they even thought. I think there are about 75 in the class.

student-2
08-01-2006, 12:58 PM
75 sounds alot! WaitWait- any other options?

Blueberry
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Thats what it says on our yahoo groups...maybe not everyone is coming, but about 70-75 are members of the group, not including the current students. how big was your class?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.