PDA

View Full Version : Are we supposed to check femoral pulse?

doctor_viz
07-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Are we supposed to check for femoral pulse? let's say if it's case of atherosclerosis? or is it a part in pelvis or inguinal exam areas, which we are supposed to by pass

Shah_Patel_PT
09-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Are we supposed to check for femoral pulse? let's say if it's case of atherosclerosis? or is it a part in pelvis or inguinal exam areas, which we are supposed to by pass

NO! There are many other imp things to do then go check pulses in the inguinal region....

swimguy23
09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
I didnt check for a pulse on any patient.....in fact there were more things i didnt do than did do that i should have and i passed.....the patient that was kinda borderline/histrionic (not sure if she was acting) did make me stumble for words a few times.....im wondering if she was acting bc it had nothing to do with her case

swimguy23
09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
also, think of it like this.....If its not an exam you would be willing to do on your mom, dont do it to the patient.....of course if youre from down south this might blur that line a bit

jk jk.....anything that makes the patient uncomfortable should be avoided but discussed

Jinigirl
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone,
I made the worst mistake ever. I examined all my pts without ungowning them. I asked the proctors they told me its good not to b/cos its for pts privacy but now people are telling me I was supposed to. I'm terrified can someone tell if if they know anyone that did that and still passed. Thanks!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.